When were you told of port cancellations?

lupaglupa

We are 15 days out from our cruise and the itinerary still says Key West. I'm pretty certain we are not going to stop - a cruise ship hasn't stopped in Key West since December. But I'd like to know for sure, especially if we are going to stop somewhere else like Bimini. So I'm hoping those who have had ports cancelled can tell me how much advance warning they got. TIA

If you are on Rotterdam arriving there on Feb 19, the Key West port schedule shows you stopping there, and the port schedule shows other ships stopping there in February...2 or 3 per week.

Port schedules are occasionally wrong, but this one lists many ships, so I am inclinded to believe it.

We found out that our Aruba port had been canceled weeks before by looking at the itinerary on the Navigator app.  The HAL website showed Aruba in the itinerary while the Navigator app showed an additional sea day replacing Aruba (weeks before the cruise).  

• Like 1

One more comment on this -- two of our shore excursions (one for Curacao and one for Panama Canal) were canceled the day before each was to commence.  Fortunately, we had friends going on their own to Mambo Beach in Curacao who invited us to join them.  For the Panama Canal, we tried to book another excursion, however, it was "sold out."  When we complained to the shore excursion desk, reminding them that they canceled our excursion (an excursion that I booked quite some time ago to ensure we had reservations), they "found" two more spots on the "sold out" excursion.  I learned a valuable lesson on that cruise -- always have a Plan B!  LOL

• Like 1

If you have travel insurance--not the ship's--check to see if they cover missed ports. We were refunded $200 for missing Key West on the NS 2 years ago--and then ditto for Key West last month on the Oceania Riviera. You have to ask, and provide evidence that the port was cancelled. Even if they substitute another port you should get reimbursed. Your TA will handle it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you are on Rotterdam arriving there on Feb 19, the Key West port schedule shows you stopping there, and the port schedule shows other ships stopping there in February...2 or 3 per week.

Port schedules are occasionally wrong, but this one lists many ships, so I am inclinded to believe it.

The only ships currently on the Key West schedule in February are from Celebrity, Azamara Quest, and the Seven Seas Mariner. Use the Caribe Nautical site, as it seems to get updated, vs Cruisedig or  Crew-center. They had my last Key West stop removed 3-4 weeks before the cruiseline even told me my ship had been changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

It is not on the schedule for the 25th. No HAL ships are on the schedule for Feb.

We board the Rotterdam on the 5th for a 15 day cruise that included two KW and one Grand Cayman port. We knew they would be cancelled, but it took until last Saturday to get the revised schedule. On the first leg, we added Belize and a sea day when we dropped KW and GC. Second leg, Bimini replaces Key West. 

I think they are so busy with rearranging ports for the ships that it takes a while for it all to fall into place. 

• Like 1

Thank you all. I had read online that the Key West per was no longer sharing their scheduled arrivals online, in part to avoid attracting protesters. All of the ships that are on that schedule fall under the rules in the overturned referendum. It's nice to see the cruise companies respecting the wishes of the local people. I do want to go to Key West by land but it won't be this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I just did some further digging, and the official statement by the Port is no cruise ships will visit for several months.

I stand corrected.

Celebrity Millennium is in port now, check the cameras. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lupaglupa said:

Thank you all. I had read online that the Key West per was no longer sharing their scheduled arrivals online, in part to avoid attracting protesters.

The city is not posting schedules, the local maritime services website is.