Resubmit for Stock OBC

hkbragg

13 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Or maybe they are noticing customers cancelling when they are turned down for the Stockholder OBC.

I would be surprised if a significant number of people cancel over a $100 credit. Most will be disappointed and some will sell their shares. But neither will effect Carnival.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, slimknyzer said:

We are so close to sailing (4 days) that to resubmit may be useless.  We are still disappointed for the denial as we have been Shareholders for a long time and never had this issue before.

If you are not on the ship yet I would go ahead and give it a try.  We submitted (again) right before we got on (a few days) and mid cruise got the credit.  Can't hurt to try.  Be sure your statement includes: your name, date, # of share owned.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bamaone said:

I would be surprised if a significant number of people cancel over a $100 credit. Most will be disappointed and some will sell their shares. But neither will effect Carnival.

I would agree that it would not be a significant number, but any loss of business due to the way something that is supposed to be a marketing incentive would be a loss to the corporation. And we have seen a few posters on these boards say that they cancelled.

Just as an aside, we have only sailed on Princess, Carnival, and HAL since we bought the stock, not even looking at other lines. But, the only future cruise we now have booked is on NCL. (Though I do have to admit it is more for the itinerary than for the cruise line.)

I should add that until all this discussion of the shareholder's OBC being turned down, we had stopped looking at cruises from lines other than Carnival, Princess, and HAL.

Edited by ontheweb
added last paragraph

13 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

A strong possibility! I was thinking I would cancel if they didn't give it to me

Yes, maybe the bean counters realized it would take only a very few cancellations to counterbalance whatever they think they are gaining by turning down requests for the small amount of OBC.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, bamaone said:

Yep, I would never cancel for that but we did sell our shares..

I submitted my request to the shareholders e-mail address last week but haven't heard back yet.  The "thank you for contacting CCL" e-mail that I received moments after submitting came back from the Guest Admin address.  I guess they all go to the same place??  I've never paid that much attention to it in the past.  What's the current turn around time for confirmation/denial??

27 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

I submitted my request to the shareholders e-mail address last week but haven't heard back yet.  The "thank you for contacting CCL" e-mail that I received moments after submitting came back from the Guest Admin address.  I guess they all go to the same place??  I've never paid that much attention to it in the past.  What's the current turn around time for confirmation/denial??

It's been my experience that these requests usually only less than a week but processing of these requests now seems to be taking a bit longer than  before.  I submitted my request on Feb 7th and received the confirmation email that the $100 had been applied to my on-board credit on Feb 20th. 

YMMV 

• Thanks 1

My last 2 cruises in Jan & Feb were on 4 days notice so after emailing the paperwork I called and they approved on the spot and emailed a confirmation letter. For any cruise 3 or more weeks out I would wait for their response as I hear from most people the response rate is up to 2-3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bamaone said:

Just got my email (02/21/22) saying resubmit after 03/01/22 for my 09/10/22 cruise.

Weird. I thought the Board has to approve the continuation of the benefit into 2023 at the annual board meeting (held 4/8 this year). Current benefit is only through 7/31/2022.

In the stock OBC approval email for my cruise this coming Saturday, they did not approve the OBC for my August cruise.  This is what they said about it:

We can only apply shareholder OBC's on sailings through July of 2022. Please re-submit your request in the Spring of 2022 when you receive an updated shareholder certificate for sailings from August of 2022 through July of 2023.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:01 PM, ontheweb said:

Or maybe they are noticing customers cancelling when they are turned down for the Stockholder OBC.

Thanks for the laugh.

I can see people canceling $25 cruises because they couldn't get a few bucks OBC. That will really teach Carnival. There are too many cheapskates on Carnival as it is.

26 minutes ago, BigAfts said:

Weird. I thought the Board has to approve the continuation of the benefit into 2023 at the annual board meeting (held 4/8 this year). Current benefit is only through 7/31/2022.

Maybe that is how they do it in North Korea. Hard to say.

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Thanks for the laugh.

I can see people canceling $25 cruises because they couldn't get a few bucks OBC. That will really teach Carnival. There are too many cheapskates on Carnival as it is.

You know it is not the folks who got $25 cruises who were complaining.

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You know it is not the folks who got $25 cruises who were complaining.

Of course it was. And people with $600 of covid OBC that wanted more - forfeiting the $600 in the process. And I doubt Carnival knows or cares why people were canceling. The bean counters would have done a risk analysis of the situation.

But you know not many people cancelled because of such a lame reason.

• Haha 1

For what it's worth - I submitted my first ever Stock OBC request a couple weeks ago for a cruise in March, but apparently did not send the right kind of ownership proof. So this past Saturday night I downloaded my statement from M/L, resent the email, and then this morning received my "approved" email. Easy-peasy. 

47 minutes ago, ScubaDuck said:

For what it's worth - I submitted my first ever Stock OBC request a couple weeks ago for a cruise in March, but apparently did not send the right kind of ownership proof. So this past Saturday night I downloaded my statement from M/L, resent the email, and then this morning received my "approved" email. Easy-peasy. 

It really is. I received emails of two cruse approvals yesterday - one was a discounted group rate and the other was an unbelievable special rate from a TA. Cha Ching.

I was told late last year to resubmit the shareholder credit documentation later this year.  So I sent it in again a week ago.

This is what I got back:  

Carnival Logo

This is just a quick auto reply to let you know that we've received your email.  We're happy to look into your inquiry and get back to you as soon as we can.  Due to an increase in inquiries our response time will take longer than normal.  We will process your request as rapidly as possible but keep in mind this may happen as late as the week prior to sailing. Please do not submit any duplicate requests.

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,
Carnival Cruise Line

Am hoping this is just their canned "don't bother us" response, and it will actually be taken care of before the freaking week of this major B2B in the middle of a pandemic.  3 weeks at sea, from Rome, flying in days early.  After all the hoops I need to make sure I have to jump through correctly to keep from being denied boarding the plane and the cruise ship - sure as heck don't need to wait until a day or two before we have to leave.  

It's only $200, because the TA is only 13 days.  Another day would have netted another $150 in OBC.  Still, with gratuities running over $600 for the both of us, need to get all the OBC possible.  

The do not contact us again part of that letter is the most aggravating part.  So I wait until I am heading for the airport?   Because that's about how it will be if I need to wait until a week before the cruise.

39 minutes ago, CanWeGoYet? said:

Not until this fall.  So I know I have time.  I just try to get things done in advance.  

The offer isn't valid for cruises then. You have to wait until the offer is extended.

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks
prior to cruise departure d...