Anybody recently off Getaway...? on Syd's

Beer Belly

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

if the getaway syd is like the breakaway syd when i was on the breakaway in october then it is the same band every night and its rock n roll

Thank you. Hopefully they change it up and not the same songs every night

25 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

Thank you. Hopefully they change it up and not the same songs every night

Same band but not the same songs.  In November and December, the band did the Fleetwood Mac Rumours album start to finish one of the nights.

• Like 3

im not a teen but i  hate to think of myself as old. but when i was on the BA, i walked past and someone opened the door to go in and just walking by it was seemingly super loud and i wondered, would i go deaf in there..or be able to talk to anyone even. so is as loud as i think inside?

signed old..but not..hopefully

3 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

im not a teen but i  hate to think of myself as old. but when i was on the BA, i walked past and someone opened the door to go in and just walking by it was seemingly super loud and i wondered, would i go deaf in there..or be able to talk to anyone even. so is as loud as i think inside?

It is a rock band in a very small venue so would describe it as loud but not painfully so.

If you only want to listen to the music, the best place, in our mind, is outside Syd Norman's on the Waterfront.  You may avoid the crowds and the long lines queuing up 20-30 minutes before the show inside. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ECCruise said:

It is a rock band in a very small venue so would describe it as loud but not painfully so.

If you only want to listen to the music, the best place, in our mind, is outside Syd Norman's on the Waterfront.  You may avoid the crowds and the long lines queuing up 20-30 minutes before the show inside. 

Not a bad idea, if it's a nice warm night, might be the best spot.

On 2/14/2022 at 11:21 AM, luckyinpa said:

We were on Breakaway in October and after stopping in towards the end of the show on the 1st or 2nd night of the sailing we were there every night.  That group of performers played 4 or 5 nights.  The venue was also used for karaoke if I recall correctly.  

The group was amazing, best guitar player I have ever heard.  We stayed for both shows of Fleetwood Mac night as my wife is a huge fan.

While they do repeat some songs from night to night, it was not to many.  Each night had a different theme so in some cases songs fell into multiple categories.

We will be on Getaway on the 27th, and are very much hoping this group is comparable as it was the highlight of the nightly entertainment.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 1:12 AM, keep on cruisin said:

We were on Breakaway in October and after stopping in towards the end of the show on the 1st or 2nd night of the sailing we were there every night.  That group of performers played 4 or 5 nights.  The venue was also used for karaoke if I recall correctly.  

The group was amazing, best guitar player I have ever heard.  We stayed for both shows of Fleetwood Mac night as my wife is a huge fan.

While they do repeat some songs from night to night, it was not to many.  Each night had a different theme so in some cases songs fell into multiple categories.

We will be on Getaway on the 27th, and are very much hoping this group is comparable as it was the highlight of the nightly entertainment.

We'll meet you there!! (on same cruise)

The link below takes you to a playlist of songs performed by the Pourhouse Band. It isn’t a set list, just an example (by the original artist/band) of what you are likely to hear. Their sets go close to an hour with two different sets a night (except for Rumours). 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiakqTGj432AhWWlYkEHW46CmYQFnoECAUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fopen.spotify.com%2Fplaylist%2F429QqntjBvxOz4ITXgRVte&usg=AOvVaw3UBPwcqaYwbhOHBhXbTrMf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

We were also on the Getaway in October and saw the Fleetwood Mac cover band. Seating was limited due to Covid so it took several nights for us to figure out when to arrive to stand in line to get a seat. Great venue, great band.

Glad to hear.  We will definitely make sure see the show.

Does anyone have a rundown of what days and times the performances are on a 7day Getaway cruise?   On the breakaway in November (14 day)  there was only one performance a night normally at 8 pm but days were sporadic.   Looking to take the March 6 Getaway sailing and want to book some dinners in advance.