Celebrity Bathroom Product Question

Rainbow3fe

I have a question about the quality of the bathroom products on Celebrity.  We're doing Celebrity Edge for the first-time. I usually don't bring shower gel or body lotion  with me because I am accustomed to Oceania's Bulgari.  I love using them. . 

That being said, I would like some feedback 

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day, 

Felice 

3 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I have a question about the quality of the bathroom products on Celebrity.  We're doing Celebrity Edge for the first-time. I usually don't bring shower gel or body lotion  with me because I am accustomed to Oceania's Bulgari.  I love using them. . 

That being said, I would like some feedback 

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day, 

Felice 

The shower products are very poor quality in dispensers on the wall but you can shave your legs with the conditioner. I had some Bvlgari shampoo gel products from home which I brought but you won't even find these in aqua class.

• Thanks 1

As far as I understand, 

Inside, oceanview, and regular verandas get Celebrity's basic soaps, body wash, and shampoo.

Concierge, Aqua Class, Sky Suites, and Celebrity Suites get upgraded Bigelow products.

Upper Suites get Le Labo Santal 33 products. Recently, I read that someone had Bulgari in upper level suites.

I understand that these may change based on ship and onboard supply of the products.

Edited by misterkevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

As far as I understand, 

Inside, oceanview, and regular verandas get Celebrity's basic soaps, body wash, and shampoo.

Concierge, Aqua Class, Sky Suites, and Celebrity Suites get upgraded Bigelow products.

Upper Suites get Le Labo Santal 33 products. Recently, I read that someone had Bulgari in upper level suites.

I understand that these may change based on ship and onboard supply of the assigned products.

On our recent cruises in AQ  and  CS we had Bigelow and Le Labo Santal  in RS and PS.   Having said that due to being Zenith they changed out our products to le Labo Santal even in AQ.

If you get the Le Labo Senta you will have to read the labels they are very entertaining with little quips e.g. For Shower Gel -  Invite someone into shower If using this product.

• Haha 1

And the answer is. . . if you like specific products bring them with you.  I find Bigelow is fine and not much different than the basic.  DW doesn't care except she brings her own shampoo and her special bar soap.  We have also been brought Le Labo and the labels are indeed very amusing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Did you have a higher category than a Sky Suite? On the Apex Sky Suites had Bigelow toiletries.

We have an Aquaclass Stateroom if that's helpful.

I really want to know if they're decent enough for me not to bring along 3 weeks worth of products. 

Thanks 🌊😎

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On our recent cruises in AQ  and  CS we had Bigelow and Le Labo Santal  in RS and PS.   Having said that due to being Zenith they changed out our products to le Labo Santal even in AQ.

If you get the Le Labo Senta you will have to read the labels they are very entertaining with little quips e.g. For Shower Gel -  Invite someone into shower If using this product.

Thanks. We're Aquaclass. Will look up Le Labo Santal products.  Sounds quirky.

I do know Bigelow.

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

3 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

We have an Aquaclass Stateroom if that's helpful.

I really want to know if they're decent enough for me not to bring along 3 weeks worth of products. 

Thanks 🌊😎

Looks like Bigelow toiletries in Aquaclass consistently across the fleet. What's not consistent are the reviews of their quality. The Bulgari toiletries seem to have more consistent good reviews.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rainbow3fe said:
54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Expand  

I looked at Le Labo Santal and it apears that they are both plant based and cruelty free. Looks like they're certainly worth trying.  I appreciate your help. 

Felice 

8 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The shower products are very poor quality in dispensers on the wall but you can shave your legs with the conditioner. I had some Bvlgari shampoo gel products from home which I brought but you won't even find these in aqua class.

Thanks for letting me know. 

14 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Thanks. We're Aquaclass. Will look up Le Labo Santal products.  Sounds quirky.

I do know Bigelow.

You will only get the Labo Santal in AQ if you are Zenith.   Otherwise you will get Bigelow.    I like both products and would not carry any extra product with me. 

If it doesn't work for you pick up some product at first port of call.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will only get the Labo Santal in AQ if you are Zenith.   Otherwise you will get Bigelow.    I like both products and would not carry any extra product with me. 

If it doesn't work for you pick up some product at first port of call.

I appreciate your advice. 

Bigelow will be good for me. Now that I know they don't have generic garbage, I won't have to schlep 3 weeks worth of products. Our TA leaves from Rome and we'll be vacationing in Italy before The Edge trip back to the US.

Slightly OT:

Before I took early retirement and moved to Philadelphia I worked at Chase Bank in Manhattan. At one point in my long career with them I was a Branch Manager for one of their branches in the Greenwich Village neighborhood.One of my business customers  was the original Bigelow Pharmacy on Sixth Ave.. Never thought they'd grow to become an International brand. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Slightly OT:

Before I took early retirement and moved to Philadelphia I worked at Chase Bank in Manhattan. At one point in my long career with them I was a Branch Manager for one of their branches in the Greenwich Village neighborhood.One of my business customers  was the original Bigelow Pharmacy on Sixth Ave.. Never thought they'd grow to become an International brand. 

Oh yes. I know that shop. It's still there. ( last time I looked before COVID. )

My son has been using their products forever.

Such a lovely neighborhood to work in. 😎

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I appreciate your advice. 

Bigelow will be good for me. Now that I know they don't have generic garbage, I won't have to schlep 3 weeks worth of products. Our TA leaves from Rome and we'll be vacationing in Italy before The Edge trip back to the US.

I was just on for 3 weeks and the Bigelow fried my hair and stripped the color.  I've never had shampoo do that.  I used the Bigelow last year and it seemed ok, not great, but it didn't do to my hair what this stuff did.  I was in two different rooms too, so it wasn't just the product in one room.  I ended up buying stuff in the shop.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Julma said:

I was just on for 3 weeks and the Bigelow fried my hair and stripped the color.  I've never had shampoo do that.  I used the Bigelow last year and it seemed ok, not great, but it didn't do to my hair what this stuff did.  I was in two different rooms too, so it wasn't just the product in one room.  I ended up buying stuff in the shop.  

Thanks.  I was really thinking about shower gel and body lotion.i bering my own sulfite free products.  I won't use generic shampoo or conditioner because they will strip color and dry out your hair.  

I do appreciate your help. 

Just now, Rainbow3fe said:

Thanks.  I was really thinking about shower gel and body lotion.i bering my own sulfite free products.  I won't use generic shampoo or conditioner because they will strip color and dry out your hair.  

I do appreciate your help. 

I found the body wash and lotion to be fine.  Pretty neutral spa like smell that didn't linger.

• Thanks 1