Chef’s Table question

redsox1584

Hi all,

I am going on Freedom in March and considering purchasing the Chefs Table. Is it better to book online in advance or wait until I get onboard?

I have seen a few stories of people getting a cheaper price onboard but I wasn’t sure if that is still happening. It is 89.99 on the Cruise Planner right now. 

Any recent Chefs Table feedback is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

Hi all,

I am going on Freedom in March and considering purchasing the Chefs Table. Is it better to book online in advance or wait until I get onboard?

I have seen a few stories of people getting a cheaper price onboard but I wasn’t sure if that is still happening. It is 89.99 on the Cruise Planner right now. 

Any recent Chefs Table feedback is appreciated. 

I think that's what we paid NYE on Jewel.  Booked onboard. 

Just now, tkportersat said:

Good to know!  I was thinking of booking beforehand, now I think I will just wait. 

If we want a specific night or are going with other couples, we book ahead of time.  If we are alone and don't care which night, we book on the ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can almost always get a better price onboard for Chef’s table. 
We got BOGO on Liberty in November 

You would think so.  On my Brilliance cruise in December, the day after Chef's table, someone from either our group we can't talk about, or the roll call here came up to me and asked if I did Chef's Table the other night.  I told her it was a wonderful experience, and she proceeds to tell me that they want to charge her $135/person 😮

I always book prior to the cruise because i want an exact day and am paranoid the day i want is full.  I have heard they've given discounts onboard, but I've never seen it and I've done Chef's Table on almost all my cruises that I'm able.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw that several specialty restaurants - including Chef's Table - went on sale two days ago for 15% off.  I had no problem cancelling and rebooking our specialty restaurant reservations - EXCEPT for the Chef's Table.  Apparently - there's a waitlist.  When I went to rebook - it didn't show Day 3 available.  So I called RC.  That's when I found out there's a waitlist - and they couldn't do anything about the automatic assignment of our two cancelled spots to someone on that list.  So I ended up switching our Day 3/4 - and we'll do 150 Central Park on Day 3 and Chef's Table on Day 4.  I'm guessing it's booked solid (both times) on Day 3 ss it's an At Sea day and formal night.  But I just wanted to note that others that do the cancel/rebook when Chef's Table goes on sale - should instead call RC to ask for the price adjustment.  I learned the hard way! 

59 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

You would think so.  On my Brilliance cruise in December, the day after Chef's table, someone from either our group we can't talk about, or the roll call here came up to me and asked if I did Chef's Table the other night.  I told her it was a wonderful experience, and she proceeds to tell me that they want to charge her $135/person 😮

I always book prior to the cruise because i want an exact day and am paranoid the day i want is full.  I have heard they've given discounts onboard, but I've never seen it and I've done Chef's Table on almost all my cruises that I'm able.

There is no doubt, if you are particular about your date, or need more than a couple seats it’s better to book ahead. 

I only book Chef’s table if I can get a deal, in my mind it’s not worth paying full price. I would estimate I have gotten a significant savings booking on-board  in about 75% of my cruises

Agree with others, we have done it several times and love it. If you don't care what day you go then taking what you can get on board would provide a discount. We always had special nights usually formal nights that we wanted to go and those are booked up fast. Either way we love the experience. 

• Like 1