Queen Victoria cruises cancelled up until 5 June 2022

richard_london

59 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is because QV is sold out for 5th June if you apply Sold Out filter it shows.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t realise you could filter this way. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 4:33 AM, jimbo1683 said:

How long will QV spend in drydock?

The Southampton VTS cruise schedule may have listed QV for a while now but I jut noticed she is back on that schedule today.

If that schedule is accurate, QV is now scheduled to be back in Southampton on April 5. She will be back and forth to/from Southampton a few times before her scheduled return to service on June 5. The biggest gap in her Southampton schedule is from May 6 until June 2. That's the likely window for QV's drydock.

I don't know if that entire window will be allocated for the drydock, but that seems logical. That's a gap of 27 days. Of course there will be sailing time to and from the drydock location. That gives us a potential window of about three weeks for QV to be spending in drydock/refit.

• 3 weeks later...

QV's current destination is listed as GBTYN which is The Port of Tyne up here in the North-East England, would she have a dry dock there? I know they do the Norsk Veritas accreditations there for shipping? 

I'm hoping so as its possible i could have a day trip up to see her. 

40 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

QV's current destination is listed as GBTYN which is The Port of Tyne up here in the North-East England, would she have a dry dock there? I know they do the Norsk Veritas accreditations there for shipping? 

I have been following her schedule with great interest as we have had many cruises cancelled.

I notice her scheduled arrival is for 10th April. Here's hoping for a great refurb and those lucky enough to board on the 5th June will have an almost new ship to enjoy.

Jealous? Moi?

You bet! 😄

Edited by Victoria2
ship, not shop although the shops might be refurbished too
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

I was told by a crew member on QE two weeks ago that QV will be going for a wet-dock/refurb rather than dry-dock/refit - but I am sure she will be looking spic and span on her return to service - and be a lovely ship to join for the summer voyages.

6 hours ago, mcloaked said:

I was told by a crew member on QE two weeks ago that QV will be going for a wet-dock/refurb rather than dry-dock/refit - but I am sure she will be looking spic and span on her return to service - and be a lovely ship to join for the summer voyages.

That may explain the destination of Tyne. We are due on her in August. Can't wait. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

Queen Victoria is in the Harland and Wolf dock, in Belfast,  prior to her dry docking as of 1 May. It is going to be quite a push to get her cleaned, painted and back to Southampton by 5 May. 

Her next cruise isn't until 5th June so hopefully that's enough time.

The published schedule has QV drydocked at Harland & Wolff beginning tomorrow 2 May through 19 May. The previous occupants of the drydock vacated it on Friday, so QV ought to be able to move into the drydock tomorrow as scheduled. Will be keeping an eye on that.

The Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule has QV back in Southampton on 2 June prior to her resumption of service on 5 June. Not sure what she will be doing between 19 May and 2 June. Usually a day or two of sea trials would be in order.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, RiverlandGone said:

Wow!  I'm sorry for those that had their cruises cancelled, but am so happy that my cruise on QV beginning 05 June 2022 is still a GO! We had cancelled our original cruise scheduled March 2020 even before COVID cancelled it for us, and have been anxious to get to Europe ever since.  Anyone else on that voyage - Southampton, Cadiz, Barcelona, La Spezia and ending in Rome?

We will be there. First time on Cunard. 👍

• Host Hattie unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Melissa Roberts said:

We’re keeping our fingers crossed for V225 Sept 2022…so looking fwd to it. Anybody else booked on this Southampton med as it’s not on the roll call list yet?

I'm tempted as I had to move our QM2 Mediterranean cruise to next year. For the moment it looks as if you'll have to start the roll call yourself !

Have a great time

13 hours ago, Melissa Roberts said:

We’re keeping our fingers crossed for V225 Sept 2022…so looking fwd to it. Anybody else booked on this Southampton med as it’s not on the roll call list yet?

It is now!

• Like 1