Any Recent Feedback On Rony’s Tours?

lgonquin

Ronys provides excellent service. We just them in January. It was just my wife and I and Arnold was our driver. He provided excellent tour. Be We had been there before but we're bringing school supplies for one of the local schools and he was instrumental in setting that up. We are returning in April and have him booked to visit the sloths and other things we haven't seen. They go out of their way to provide an enjoyable visit

• 1 month later...

I signed up to do Rony’s sloth/monkey and Little French Key excursion for our July cruise. I received an email requesting I send money for a deposit now through PayPal. I’ve never done an independent tour. Is that normal to send money prior to the tour? If the ship can’t dock in Roatan or if they change our ports, will the deposit be refunded? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, juniperjen said:

I signed up to do Rony’s sloth/monkey and Little French Key excursion for our July cruise. I received an email requesting I send money for a deposit now through PayPal. I’ve never done an independent tour. Is that normal to send money prior to the tour? If the ship can’t dock in Roatan or if they change our ports, will the deposit be refunded? 

I  received an email requesting deposit too.  What did you do?

I think I will pass.

I have not used Rony's but just did book a tour with them for November.  I was asked to put down a refundable PayPal deposit.  I've emailed back and forth with them several times and based on my interactions with them and all of the positive reviews, I am comfortable doing so.  I also was asked to put down a refundable deposit on the tour I am doing in Costa Maya with "The Native Choice".  Both companies are asking for a deposit with the balance paid in cash upon arrival.  Both also have verbiage stating these deposits are refundable.

Edited by Kingsmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kingsmom said:

I have not used Rony's but just did book a tour with them for November.  I was asked to put down a refundable PayPal deposit.  I've emailed back and forth with them several times and based on my interactions with them and all of the positive reviews, I am comfortable doing so.  I also was asked to put down a refundable deposit on the tour I am doing in Costa Maya with "The Native Choice".  Both companies are asking for a deposit with the balance paid in cash upon arrival.  Both also have verbiage stating these deposits are refundable.

I, too, booked with Rony’s in 318 for my cruise that was not on 12/20.  They transferred my deposit to my upcoming cruise 12/22.  I, too, sent Native choices a deposit for 12/22.

• Like 1

Please do not hesitate to book with Rony and send him a deposit. He is absolutely a great guy.   We have him booked for next month.  We have known him for more than 10 years and have booked MANY tours with him while visiting by ship and staying at resorts.  He is very friendly,  reliable and speaks great English.   He knows the island like the back of his hand.  I recommend his Freestyle tour - no time constraints.

He is a small business.  He does so much for his community.   The deposit is required so he can be assured he has secured your reservation.  Think Walmart(Bodden) vs your family-owned local stores(Rony).  We know Rony provides great service and we are happy to support his business 

• Like 6

On 4/21/2022 at 10:36 AM, happy cruzer said:

I  received an email requesting deposit too.  What did you do?

I think I will pass.

I did send the deposit after several emails back and forth with them. I have been assured it is refundable. Since I have read so many positive things about Rony’s Tours here, I felt ok about it. I hope I made the right decision. 

• Like 3

Rony didn't require a deposit when we booked his tour in 2019 (which we sadly missed due to high winds preventing the ship from docking in Roatan) but based on my e-mail interaction with him and rave reviews I would have zero problem with a deposit. Just one man's opinion of course.

Hoping to go to Roatan next summer and actually get to take his tour this time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was coming here to see if there was anything recent on Rony's.  We LOVED our excursion with him in  and will be booking again for our upcoming cruise in 2 months.  Arnold was our driver and was awesome.  We will be requesting him again.  These are reputable people.  I am so happy to see thay are still around!

I

On 4/30/2022 at 10:42 AM, #1TravelMom said:

Please do not hesitate to book with Rony and send him a deposit. He is absolutely a great guy.   We have him booked for next month.  We have known him for more than 10 years and have booked MANY tours with him while visiting by ship and staying at resorts.  He is very friendly,  reliable and speaks great English.   He knows the island like the back of his hand.  I recommend his Freestyle tour - no time constraints.

He is a small business.  He does so much for his community.   The deposit is required so he can be assured he has secured your reservation.  Think Walmart(Bodden) vs your family-owned local stores(Rony).  We know Rony provides great service and we are happy to support his business 

I have no comment on Rony's but to compare his to Victor Bodden and say that Bodden is like Walmart is just ridiculous.   They are all small business on the island.

While the last time I used Rony he didn't require a deposit, like others stated, I would book him in a heartbeat and suggest him to others.

I travel as a solo cruiser and often many guides will charge a higher amount for just one person.  Rony didn't.  I also got to to a tour on how I wanted.  Sightseeing, shopping (including local supermarket for coffee), some beach time and viewing places for staying there for a week.  Highlight was lunch at a local place in a regular place that don't get tourist.

The only reason I don't suggest Rony is when I know friends and family have limitations which make meeting the local tour guides outside the cruise area hard on them.  Otherwise, first name out of my mouth for the island

Edited by airlink diva
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We just did Rony's on Roatan and it was in our top 2 favorite tours on our 14-day Caribbean cruise.  I have the exact driver's contact info and email if anyone wants it (it was not Rony).  He helped me fumble my way through my Spanish, and told me several Spanish words.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tetleytea said:

We just did Rony's on Roatan and it was in our top 2 favorite tours on our 14-day Caribbean cruise.  I have the exact driver's contact info and email if anyone wants it (it was not Rony).  He helped me fumble my way through my Spanish, and told me several Spanish words.  

I have Rony’s booked for New Year’s Eve day.  I’d be interested in who your guide was.  Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Rony and Arnold are both great!   They have become friends of our over the years.  They will make sure you have a great day.  Please don't hesitate to give them a deposit on Paypal with friends and family.  He does this just to be sure you will show up.  He's totally trustworthy.  It is difficult for him if he waits on a family for hours and then finds out that a guide along the road convinced them to go with him. He loses out for the entire day. He is a great guy and really does all he can to help his community.  He has a small business and is truly appreciative for each family that books with him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, joestein514 said:

I

I have no comment on Rony's but to compare his to Victor Bodden and say that Bodden is like Walmart is just ridiculous.   They are all small business on the island.

Please know I didn't mean to offend anyone at all.   We know lots of people on the island after visiting for more than 15 years. I don't think my characterization is "ridiculous" at all.  The analogy was not an attack o!n Bodden in any way, just a comparison - my opinion.  Bodden is very well off.   He owns lots of property and has many vehicles and drivers.  He does not personally greet his guests. Maybe I'm partial because we know Rony and his drivers well and they are all great guys. Rony lives in a small community and does everything he can to support it. Every booking is so appreciated and truly makes a difference in his life.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...