Allure better off after cancelling the amplified upgrades?

coaster

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, maybe I'll get to make my own comparison after Harmony moves to PE.

Harmony is my least favorite of the Oasis ships. Lots of shortcomings compared to Oasis and Symphony.  

At least Allure has Mama Mia

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't know. The amp was scheduled for March 2020. We were booked on the October 2020 transatlantic, for our big anniversary and retirement cruise. We had booked a Grand Suite for our first Oasis class ship and 14 nights. 

All of that was cancelled, and DH ended up working an additional year. I was looking forward to Playmakers and Portside BBQ. I don't really care one way or another about the purple slide. 

But since then, we have had multiple booked cruises cancelled. We have other house projects that we need to work on. We have a couple cruises scheduled on Navigator. Maybe we will get more excited again after we get back onboard and eventually try a big ship after we sell the house. 

To me the abyss is a big negative for the boardwalk and it is eats up deck space

up top which is very much a hidden gem of an area to enjoy. The water slides are a nice addition, but they do eat up more

space.  No biggie at 50% capacity, but when crowded the more deck space

gone, the more crowded it feels.  

Overall, I’d rather have no slides than having the abyss.  The Amp also means the death of the old concierge lounge (now diamond club).  We also loved a cup of coffee there and perhaps now it doesn’t matter as much due to drink vouchers, but the diamond lounge post amp would be much worse.  Add to that it takes away another entertainment venue.  

Yes, some changes will be nice, but others not so much.  

7 hours ago, topnole said:

To me the abyss is a big negative for the boardwalk and it is eats up deck space

up top which is very much a hidden gem of an area to enjoy. The water slides are a nice addition, but they do eat up more

space.  No biggie at 50% capacity, but when crowded the more deck space

gone, the more crowded it feels.  

Yes, some changes will be nice, but others not so much.  

The Tequila bar takes up almost as much space.🤔

Oops, you meant up top. I guess, but it looks cool at night

Edited by John&LaLa

On 2/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I really like Allure not being amped. I was aboard 3 weeks ago and will be again in April. The Diamond lounge is so nice and the Champagne Lounge is so much better than a Bionic Bar. And as noted above, Mama Mia is such a fun show. I was originally booked on Harmony for April but the more I thought about it I decided to switch and go back to Allure.

OB, what date in April will you be on board?  Jim and I will be on Allure for the April 2nd Sailing.  First time on Allure for us!

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Tequila bar takes up almost as much space.🤔

Oops, you meant up top. I guess, but it looks cool at night

Yeah.  I meant up top.  The bar and deck space up there is awesome for a drink or two and a great aft view or some flowrider watching.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

OB, what date in April will you be on board?  Jim and I will be on Allure for the April 2nd Sailing.  First time on Allure for us!

April 22. You are missing a "2" in your sailing date.😄 I'll be intrested to hear of what you think if the ship!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, sandebeach said:

Allure is my favorite ship to date. I like her just the way she is. And I love her free coffee and Boardwalk Donuts in the morning!

Allure is my favorite also.  I would love if they amped the pool area as I love the decor with the Lime and Coconut and all the pretty colors around the pool.  We also like Playmakers.  I could care less about the slides and that stuff.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:11 PM, homedepot124 said:

Allure is certainly our favorite ship. Just got off Allure Saturday morning.  Allure does have the best Diamond lounge.  No purple monster at the back of the ship.  And it has Samba Grill - our favorite of all

the specialty dining.  Finally, it has Mama Mia on it - always a fun and entertaining show. 

Love Mama Mia!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Amplified Oasis class ships are awesome in the food choices. Allure had a new gem scheduled in Giovanni's Kitchen. El Loco is free, Portside BBQ is quite tasty and very reasonable.  Can't say enough about Playmaker's.  Lime and Coconut area is a blast 

Slides keep kids busy.

Mama Mia was staying anyway. 

And FWIW, overall it seems more folks are dissapointed she didn't get amped than happy she stayed the same, regardless of the few participants here.

I agree, I wish she was amped for El Taco Fresh, new bright and colorful pool deck with the Lime and Coconut, Playmakers.  We don't care about Portside as we don't eat at $$ venues on the ships except for the small cost at Playmakers.  So yes, I with she would have been amped just to get those things, but still my favorite ship .  

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would be refreshing to hear from him something he doesn't like about this Royal ship.

It's not so much what I don't like as it is things that are much better on Oasis and Symphony 

I merely said she is my least favorite.😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I agree, I wish she was amped for El Taco Fresh, new bright and colorful pool deck with the Lime and Coconut, Playmakers.  We don't care about Portside as we don't eat at $$ venues on the ships except for the small cost at Playmakers.  So yes, I with she would have been amped just to get those things, but still my favorite ship .  

I find your answer typical of many comments on either amplification or newbuilds.

"I sure want A, B, and C. Don't care about D and E. And I hate F & G"

The various parts are interchangeable because we all have different wants or needs.

In the end we gravitate to ships that meet our needs. Some needs are ship specific, some are itinerary/departure points, and some are price. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

that IS an issue.  We do not like Galveston. 

My first choice is obviously Pt Canaveral, followed by South Florida. Now an interesting itinerary will intice me to fly to the departure port.

Unfortunately, Galveston does not have interest itineraries except for repositioning cruises😉