Carnival Shares

dgs1956

4 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

No, thats 1354 pennies!, so £13.54 a share. (all shares are presented in pennies).  Before pandemic the price went as high as £53 per share in 2018 and dropped to £10 a share during pandemic. It could drop lower due to Ukraine but could start getting higher because we are coming out of the pandemic. Only buy if you can afford to lose the money. So based on minimum 100 shares, that will cost about £1354.00.  To get OBS, you would get your money back after 9 x 2 week cruises based on this price today. I think its £60 OBS for a weeks cruise. They also pay out a dividend which would be about £50 per year based on 100 shares. We bought our shares through Barclays Bank. You apply for your OBC 22 days before your cruise and can apply directly to the department in P&O. We send a set email each time and a copy of shares at that time. We always use the same email so they can see our history.

Hope this helps..

Chris

CCL have not paid a dividend for  the  last two years, and with their level of debt, are unlikely to pay a dividend for at least two or three years (I'm being optimistic).

If you are cruising for at least four weeks a year with CCL, and intend to do so for the next four or five years, buy the shares, but be prepared to lose your initial investment.  

Otherwise, it is just a gamble.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Am just about to apply for OBC for our cruise to Norway. Has anyone applied recently, and can give some idea of how long the wait is before a response from P and O. Incidentally, mine were purchased through Hargreaves Lansdown and found the process very straightforward.

I received confirmation of a request recently (very).  It took 13 days for it to be actioned, I would say that historically it has been a couple of days but took longer this time.

I saw today that Carnival Corporation have on there website published shareholder benefits for cruises up to July 31st 2023. I duly sent my e-mail to the shareholder benefits team asking for OBC to be applied for my late 2022 and 2023 cruises, only for them to say that the benefits for the period beyond July 2022 have yet to be published!! I have send them a link to Carnival Corporation website and await their response!

24 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

I saw today that Carnival Corporation have on there website published shareholder benefits for cruises up to July 31st 2023. I duly sent my e-mail to the shareholder benefits team asking for OBC to be applied for my late 2022 and 2023 cruises, only for them to say that the benefits for the period beyond July 2022 have yet to be published!! I have send them a link to Carnival Corporation website and await their response!

In the past you could only apply for the shareholders OBC once you had paid the full balance for a cruise, however this seems to have fallen by the wayside during covid. Shareholders benefits were decided at one of the AGM's and announced accordingly, ant would apply for 12 months. However they seem to have changed this too as the relevant Carnival statement does state July 31st 2023. You may need to wait until nearer the time of your cruise to claim your shareholders OBC?

image.thumb.png.2bceda2a6a6756c9cf75141235375663.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

In the past you could only apply for the shareholders OBC once you had paid the full balance for a cruise, however this seems to have fallen by the wayside during covid. Shareholders benefits were decided at one of the AGM's and announced accordingly, ant would apply for 12 months. However they seem to have changed this too as the relevant Carnival statement does state July 31st 2023. You may need to wait until nearer the time of your cruise to claim your shareholders OBC?

image.thumb.png.2bceda2a6a6756c9cf75141235375663.png

You may well be right - though there is nothing in the wording to suggest that I should have to wait until nearer the time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

I always thought you could not apply for OBC until 25 days before the cruise. We emailed our last cruise 23 days before  and OBC was applied within 5 working days.

20 minutes ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

I always thought you could not apply for OBC until 25 days before the cruise. We emailed our last cruise 23 days before  and OBC was applied within 5 working days.

That might have been the case in the past, but not for the last few years. I have been able to apply at least a year before the cruise. The only stipulation is that it must be at least 3 weeks before the cruise. Applying 25 days before would be cutting it a bit fine, I think!

4 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

That might have been the case in the past, but not for the last few years. I have been able to apply at least a year before the cruise. The only stipulation is that it must be at least 3 weeks before the cruise. Applying 25 days before would be cutting it a bit fine, I think!

Oh, never had a problem...yet. Just done it for our cruise this weekend, without any problems.

15 minutes ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

Oh, never had a problem...yet. Just done it for our cruise this weekend, without any problems.

Fine, if it works for you. I’d be worried I would forget or something else would get in the way of me applying!

2 hours ago, Spike11 said:

I had that problem too, my cruise in May had the credit applied but my September one I was told to apply later in the year.

I think the shareholder benefit has to be approved at the AGM at the end of March

Edited by CCFC
  • Thanks 1

DH emailed Carnival UK to claim shareholder benefit last Friday afternoon (25th Feb), for our late May cruise, and got a confirmation email that it had been applied just after midday today (from Emily).  She said we will receive an updated invoice via our TA, which we await.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

We normally apply about three months prior to the  cruise.

The cut off date is 21 days prior to the cruise, so leaving it until 23 days prior seems unnecessarily risky.

Edited by wowzz

On 3/1/2022 at 10:18 PM, devonuk said:

The Blue Light Card offers, which I am a user of, fluctuate and my latest ‘offer’ was 2 x £50 OBC with P&O on the Iona. During the period of the ‘home water’ cruises there were much better offers around. In particular MSC were offering some cracking discounts to NHS staff. 

Thanks for clarifying. I misunderstood- I thought you meant the BLC gave discount on sharedealing

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tring said:

DH emailed Carnival UK to claim shareholder benefit last Friday afternoon (25th Feb), for our late May cruise, and got a confirmation email that it had been applied just after midday today (from Emily).  She said we will receive an updated invoice via our TA, which we await.

I sent my email 18/2, I got the auto email but still waiting to hear. Does it show up on the cruise personaliser or where else can I check?  

56 minutes ago, cosytoes said:

I sent my email 18/2, I got the auto email but still waiting to hear. Does it show up on the cruise personaliser or where else can I check?  

DH got an auto response immediately and then an email to say it had been applied yesterday.  A P&O invoice follows which shows the benefit has been applied.  Perhaps check you have sent it to the correct email address:-  shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com  and have given the appropriate proof of share ownership.  I think sometimes it does take longer then others.

18 minutes ago, cosytoes said:

yes just checked the email address is correct. I booked through a travel agent so I wonder if they have to issue the invoice or is it still P&O?

The TA will issue an updated invoice, I would give it a week then contact your TA if you don't hear anything.

Sent my email this afternoon, got the auto reply and then less than an hour got a response saying the benefits had been applied. Then to my amazement the updated invoice showing the extra OBC arrived an hour later. Couldn't believe my good luck!

• Like 2

I am following this thread with interest as I have,very recently, purchased some shares [ the basic100] but as not cruising until late June have not yet sent an email requesting shareholder OBC. This thread has prompted me to investigate a little deeper! However, being very thick I'm really not sure which page I have to copy, redact and send over . At least 2  seem likely candidates!

IF some one would be most helpful to screenshot the correct page, I'm with Hargreaves Lansdown , I would be be deeply grateful. Obviously redacted, it's just the page I'm after😇

The page I think you have to send has the purchase price ......do you also redact this as well?

Thanks in advance for helping someone with no financial literacy whatsoever!

On your HL statement page, there is an option for a PDF version. I use this single page to attach to an email. I use a PDF editor (Google to find a free one) to redact anything not relevant. You just need to show your name, date and number of Carnival shares currently held. Purchase price is not relevant.

You may find this link useful

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

Edited by BrianI

9 minutes ago, BrianI said:

On your HL statement page, there is an option for a PDF version. I use this single page to attach to an email. I use a PDF editor (Google to find a free one) to redact anything not relevant. You just need to show your name, date and number of Carnival shares currently held.

You may find this link useful

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

Don't laugh, but being a technophobe, I print out the page, use correcting fluid to hide personal details, account number etc, take a photo of the finished result, and send that as an attachment with my email.

A bit luddite, but it works for me !

53 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I am following this thread with interest as I have,very recently, purchased some shares [ the basic100] but as not cruising until late June have not yet sent an email requesting shareholder OBC. This thread has prompted me to investigate a little deeper! However, being very thick I'm really not sure which page I have to copy, redact and send over . At least 2  seem likely candidates!

IF some one would be most helpful to screenshot the correct page, I'm with Hargreaves Lansdown , I would be be deeply grateful. Obviously redacted, it's just the page I'm after😇

The page I think you have to send has the purchase price ......do you also redact this as well?

Thanks in advance for helping someone with no financial literacy whatsoever!

Select My Accounts and Dealing page were you will see your Fund Share Account, select that and another page opens.

Towards the bottom you will see  options, print page, PDF version, Download, Table Key.

Select PDF version which will open a PDF version in Adobe 

You need to cross out your client number at the top right, keep your name and date 

and forward this page to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

with the Cruise number / Ship Your Name address and  and dates you are sailing

If you booked with a TA then you will have to ask them to forward a new Booking Confirmation  the day after the shareholder obc has been applied.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Select My Accounts and Dealing page were you will see your Fund Share Account, select that and another page opens.

Towards the bottom you will see  options, print page, PDF version, Download, Table Key.

Select PDF version which will open a PDF version in Adobe 

You need to cross out your client number at the top right, keep your name and date 

and forward this page to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

with the Cruise number / Ship Your Name address and  and dates you are sailing

If you booked with a TA then you will have to ask them to forward a new Booking Confirmation  the day after the shareholder obc has been applied.

Edited by ohnonotmeagain

@LifeonMars

Thanks very much, however....... that page  [ with shares held/ prices/ value/gains losses/ actions ] only seems to have my client number but NOT my name ! I can see PDF print icon. 

Really sorry to be PITA!

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you redact the figures?

I love this site, people are so helpful ...... thanks again 😁

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
Nincompoop!

48 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

! Do you redact the figures?

I don't bother. I'm always hopeful that when they see how much money I have lost they might lob a bit more obc my way !

• Haha 1