How do find out which nights are formal nights?

Malcolm142

4 hours ago, Malcolm142 said:

How do find the info to ascertain which nights are the formal nights?

In past 2 week cruises we have had four formal nights, is still the case.

Our cruise is B207 one way TA

Only 2 in a fortnight currently on the Iona. 

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Don't forget Iona was only going to have 1 formal night per week anyway.

Well they certainly didn’t make it clear to all of their guests because people on board who we’ve spoken to were in the main expecting 4 in 2 weeks. A lot of us were never informed of the change from Lisbon to Gibraltar but hey ho 😀

4 hours ago, Malcolm142 said:

How do find the info to ascertain which nights are the formal nights?

In past 2 week cruises we have had four formal nights, is still the case.

Our cruise is B207 one way TA

You should be able to look on the my.pocruises.com web page and check the 'Your Itinerary' section and find out.  However, I am on B208 and B209 cruises after yours and nothing is displayed on there as yet. Obviously once on board the Horizon daily info sheet will give you a clue.  Other than that it will be word of mouth for us and try and find out through social media channels on the prior cruises.

2 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Well they certainly didn’t make it clear to all of their guests because people on board who we’ve spoken to were in the main expecting 4 in 2 weeks. A lot of us were never informed of the change from Lisbon to Gibraltar but hey ho 😀

This has been the case for Iona since she was first announced.  And as mentioned by wowzz, Arvia will be the same.

Apparently this is an ongoing problem on both My Cunard and P&Os in house system, they use the same platform. As Cunard is thee cruiseline for formal nights its causing some consternation and angst. 

@molecrochipdo you know if they are working on getting it back online? 

I do believe that passengers should at least be given some idea as to how many formal nights their cruise entails as in the past I have taken a suit carrier with me as I have two formal jackets, a white one and a black one. We were supposed to have gone on Ventura to the States, Mexico and the Caribbean in February but due to changes in itinerary which excluded the States we decided against it. Had we have gone on this cruise which was for 35 nights and having done that many before we assumed that there would be 9 formal nights and were packing as such. We, like many probably pack more than we need and therefore it would be helpful if before and not during a cruise we had a half decent idea as to the number of formals.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I do believe that passengers should at least be given some idea as to how many formal nights their cruise entails as in the past I have taken a suit carrier with me as I have two formal jackets, a white one and a black one. We were supposed to have gone on Ventura to the States, Mexico and the Caribbean in February but due to changes in itinerary which excluded the States we decided against it. Had we have gone on this cruise which was for 35 nights and having done that many before we assumed that there would be 9 formal nights and were packing as such. We, like many probably pack more than we need and therefore it would be helpful if before and not during a cruise we had a half decent idea as to the number of formals.

As far as I know Iona cruises have one formal night per week and all other ships have 2 per week, but the exact day can vary.

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As far as I know Iona cruises have one formal night per week and all other ships have 2 per week, but the exact day can vary.

I find it unusual that P&O insist on formal wear but then there is no mention on My P&O  how many formal nights or which nights they are.

Not trying to be facetious, although maybe I am. but where exactly is cruising going ? and I don't mean the itinerary. It seems to me that so many things now entail a charge. If not it's "Do it Yourself" grab and Go, make your own tea/coffee, self service, I even have to shower myself (Only Kidding). Going to look under the bed next cruise I'm on for the Compendium of Games as the new form of entertainment if you can't afford the entrance fee to the Theatre to see the Headliners. Now you have to make you own bed. Don't know whether I have enough room in my suitcase for the hammer and nails. Still if I dumb down enough I can wear a pair of those trousers with the crotch halfway down my legs and a baseball cap for the new formal nights. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Apparently this is an ongoing problem on both My Cunard and P&Os in house system, they use the same platform. As Cunard is thee cruiseline for formal nights its causing some consternation and angst. 

@molecrochipdo you know if they are working on getting it back online? 

Don't know - will try and find out.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, wowzz said:

Apart from Iona and Arriva, two formal nights a week.

Not on the first night, and not on the last night.

This is generally correct.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:39 PM, devonuk said:

Did you book direct or via a TA?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Not trying to be facetious, although maybe I am. but where exactly is cruising going ? and I don't mean the itinerary. It seems to me that so many things now entail a charge. If not it's "Do it Yourself" grab and Go, make your own tea/coffee, self service, I even have to shower myself (Only Kidding). Going to look under the bed next cruise I'm on for the Compendium of Games as the new form of entertainment if you can't afford the entrance fee to the Theatre to see the Headliners. Now you have to make you own bed. Don't know whether I have enough room in my suitcase for the hammer and nails. Still if I dumb down enough I can wear a pair of those trousers with the crotch halfway down my legs and a baseball cap for the new formal nights. 

I don't think you are expected to do any of that, but your free to wear what you please.

36 minutes ago, s100onn said:

Sorry never cruised with P&O before but are there any 'formal' nights on 3 night short cruises? 

On the 3 and 4 night staycation cruises we had one formal night.