Contrast and Compare....Symphony, Odyssey and Wonder. Those Who Have Sailed On Them, Need Your Help. Thanks

With the early 2024 sailings opening up, I'm looking at doing a B2B on one of these three ships.  Need a thumbnail comparison about the pros and cons of each and which one of the three you would choose.   Ports don't matter, just looking at a ship comparison.  I know the Wonder is doing 7 day sailings and the other two ships are doing 6/8, it will not matter because of the B2B.  I know that the Wonder is the new kid in town, costs a little more and many will pick her since she is shiny and new, but I need quantitative backup as to which to choose.  Thanks

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I know that the Wonder is the new kid in town, costs a little more and many will pick her since she is shiny and new, but I need quantitative backup as to which to choose.

You will need to wait a few weeks or maybe several months (after she returns from Europe) before you get feedback like that. 

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

With the early 2024 sailings opening up, I'm looking at doing a B2B on one of these three ships.  Need a thumbnail comparison about the pros and cons of each and which one of the three you would choose.   Ports don't matter, just looking at a ship comparison.  I know the Wonder is doing 7 day sailings and the other two ships are doing 6/8, it will not matter because of the B2B.  I know that the Wonder is the new kid in town, costs a little more and many will pick her since she is shiny and new, but I need quantitative backup as to which to choose.  Thanks

Wonder hasn't even had her first cruise yet

3 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Wonder hasn't even had her first cruise yet

At the very least I could get feedback comparing the other two ships as to which would be better.  With capacity percentages increasing, demand will ramp up and so will the price of sailing on the Wonder.  Just wanted a hypothesis from the Loyal Royals as to whether the price increase associated with cruising on the Wonder is worth it or whether the Symphony or Odyssey provide a better value.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just wanted a hypothesis from the Loyal Royals as to whether the price increase associated with cruising on the Wonder is worth it or whether the Symphony or Odyssey provide a better value.

That's even more subjective than the food. BTW, don't assume that because she's newer, Wonder will always be more expensive than Symphony. The "new" premium could be gone by early 2024.

Biker, who would avoid Wonder due to lack of the second Flowrider.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

If ports don't matter, I personally would sail Anthem or Oasis from Cape Liberty. 

Currently have reservations on both.  12 days on Oasis in June going to Canada then Bahamas and 7 days on Anthem next April. 

Deciding between Odyssey and Wonder at this point.  Symphony seems to be too similar to Oasis.  Odyssey seems to be an upgraded Anthem and Wonder an upgraded Oasis.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Currently have reservations on both.  12 days on Oasis in June going to Canada then Bahamas and 7 days on Anthem next April. 

Deciding between Odyssey and Wonder at this point.  Symphony seems to be too similar to Oasis.  Odyssey seems to be an upgraded Anthem and Wonder an upgraded Oasis.

Is that a B2B on Oasis.  Sounds like we should look into it.  Oasis is my favorite.

Honestly preferred Odyssey to Oasis Class. 

But that was with a small passenger load.

Not convinced Odyssey with 4000+ would be as nice. Pools were crowded with 2500

I've sailed 6000 on Oadis ships and know what they're like maxed out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Between a close to maxed out Odyssey versus Wonder, which way would you lean?  I recently did a B2B with 5000 on the Mardi Gras and it wasn't as bad as I expected.

30 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Between a close to maxed out Odyssey versus Wonder, which way would you lean?  I recently did a B2B with 5000 on the Mardi Gras and it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Wonder for now

Have no fear,  you will get yet another virtual cruise from yours truly with plenty of pictures on the Wonder followed by the Symphony starting 3/4!  I have a one day break in between the sailings and I will be happy to any answer questions and provide unsolicited reviews 😝.  I will be doing MDR on the Wonder and UDP on Symphony.  I couldn’t find UDP on the cruise planner the last three weeks for the Wonder except for one day at full price so I went with the UDP on the Symphony for $162.99 PP.  I can’t wait to try the lobster at Hooked!

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

very curious for your thoughts on a maxed out Oasis ship?

3 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

very curious for your thoughts on a maxed out Oasis ship?

I'm fine with them. I think we sailed once with about 6400 in the summer several years ago

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm fine with them. I think we sailed once with about 6400 in the summer several years ago

It will be interesting for us to sail on an OA class ship at only 70% capacity.  Sailing at Christmas and March break we are usually sailing around 120% capacity. 

Just booked Odyssey for Christmas 2023 and March break 2024, I guess I'll find out how crowded it will be. 

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Have no fear,  you will get yet another virtual cruise from yours truly with plenty of pictures on the Wonder followed by the Symphony starting 3/4!  I have a one day break in between the sailings and I will be happy to any answer questions and provide unsolicited reviews 😝.  I will be doing MDR on the Wonder and UDP on Symphony.  I couldn’t find UDP on the cruise planner the last three weeks for the Wonder except for one day at full price so I went with the UDP on the Symphony for $162.99 PP.  I can’t wait to try the lobster at Hooked!

I subconsciously knew I could count on you.  😉

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jy3742 said:

I have been on all 3. Odyssey, Wonder and Symphony. For me Wonder or Symphony. Odyssey is small and different.  I love the Oasis class and everything they offer!

Thanks.  Pulled the trigger and booked a B2B on the Wonder for April of 2024.