Scooter rentals

Does anyone have information on how to rent a scooter? We'll be sailing from Vancouver in June. Im on hold with RCCL to see if they offer scooter rental directly from the cruise line and protocols for using a scooter once onboard.

Thank you for any assistance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

3 rentals equal the price of one scooter.

Yes, but given what airlines to do folks’ wheelchairs and scooters, safer for those flying in to rent.

I am flying with my walker for the first time next month and am so anxious.

14 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I have rented from ScootAround.

I rented a walker and I will be reviewing it on 3/6 cruise on the Oasis.

My husband has rented a mobility scooter from Scootaround.  They're very very good.  We sail out of Pt. Canaveral mostly and they are there first thing in the am and text you the evening before and will even bring the mobility scooter to your vehicle or shuttle bus when you arrive.  They're there when you disembark and again text you the night before and the morning of.  We meet them at the same place and we drive the scooter to the shuttle and they take it away.  All equipment was in good condition and never had a problem.  They provide this service in many ports and hotels.

Edited by torpeedo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I rented a rollator (walker). It was delivered to our cabin from specialneedsatsea.com

They also do scooters. Depending on your cabin type, you may be able to store one in your cabin. We had a regular balcony cabin and it was ok for the folding walker but I don’t think a scooter would fit. I believe RC can assist you with boarding if needed. Good luck and have a lovely cruise.

22 hours ago, watertraveler said:

Does anyone have information on how to rent a scooter? We'll be sailing from Vancouver in June. Im on hold with RCCL to see if they offer scooter rental directly from the cruise line and protocols for using a scooter once onboard.

Thank you for any assistance.

RCCL allows two mobility rental companies on their ships to deliver equipment.   Special Needs at Sea and Scootaround.    We have rented from both numerous times.    Check pricing with both companies.    If you happen to rent from Scootaround, try this discount code from United Spinal for a 15% discount:  USCRUISE  

Do you have an accessible stateroom?  Scooters cannot be left in the hallways. 

See this:   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/mobility-disabilities  

RCCL will also want you to fill out their special needs form.   If you have any port stops that require a tender, you probably cannot take the scooter on the tender.   

Take a look here and search for scooters.   

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

You will find many questions and answers from people who have actually used and rented scooters on a cruise.    

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

Depending on your cabin type, you may be able to store one in your cabin. We had a regular balcony cabin and it was ok for the folding walker but I don’t think a scooter would fit. 

We had a regular balcony cabin on Independence OTS and the "standard" sized scooter fit just fine. We DID move the coffee table out on the balcony (steward's advice) to have room to get around it.

• Like 1