Questions about cruising without a passport.

So I've finally talked my sister and brother-in-law into cruising with us. Neither one have passports, nor will they be getting one. I know they need a valid driver's license and a birth certificate to cruise. My question is, does the birth certificate need to be official, with the raised seal? Also, my sister's birth certificate will obviously have her maiden name, will that be a problem? Also, my BIL is adopted and was born in another state, will that be an issue? Sorry for so many questions, just a little confused!

All it needs to be is the state issued BC, not something from a hospital or church.  If it is official it will have some sort of seal which can be raised or stamped. 

The maiden name is the case for virtually every woman that has been married.  Many carry a copy of the marriage license to bridge the BC to the current ID.

As for your BIL, as long as the BC matches the ID it does not matter what state they are from.

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You need a long birth certificate from vital records. Nothing else will work. Don't believe the hype.  Order two copies from vital records and sail on. 

Any form of a government issued BC will work for a closed loop cruise, long form only applies for passport applications. 

• Thanks 1