Luggage tags

swansong

4 hours ago, BriaBrewer said:

We’re from the uk sailing next Saturday 20th August and have just received luggage tags through the post. They are the sticky label type.image.thumb.jpg.214394a265b6a6f7bc48fdbc1185d36d.jpg

Shame they didn't send the 'push through the slot' type - I liked those a lot better...

• 1 month later...

Well it appears that Regent(UK) has definitely ceased sending out full document packs in the mail to their UK customers.

Everything now done on line apart from a letter from Regent(UK) with 6 paper "airline style" luggage tags 🙂 ; as @BriaBrewer reported in posts #101 & 105

Not quite the "wow" factor of the previous document packs we used to receive, but at least it will save us having to locate someone with luggage tags at the port, or resorting to diy, as had been reported by other UK Regent guests earlier this year 🤨 

Not quite sure why Regent has decided to treat guests either side of the pond differently 🤔

I would be fine if they stopped sending the full document packet to me. The case is a waste and i am happy to even DIY my own luggage tags if they sent me an email with the appropriate template. My TA could even etransfer my rebate cheque to me as it is now included with final documents.  It works for me to have less useless paper and packaging sent to me. 

Having said the above i don't think it is appropriate to treat people on one side of the Atlantic different from the other.  Theoretically all passengers should be treated with the same consideration. 

12 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

As long consumer protection laws and local rules regarding travel are different, it is totally appropriate.

I was not previously aware that there were laws and rules covering luggage labels 🤔

Something new I have learnt today. Thank you.

• Like 4

Got our tags for  our cruise on the Navigator Sep 20-Oct 1 from Montreal to NYC. Seems like a good package with a nice "leatherette" zip up folder, nice pair of luggage tags, and two sheets of 8 "punch out" tags for the ship (the kind you push thru). Final stages of packing and looking forward to our cruise!

We're from Australia and when we sailed on the Navigator in June, we only received emailed documents and we made our own labels as someone had suggested earlier.

For our upcoming Explorer trip in October we've just received the folder as Fairfield Nana had with a zip up vinyl folder and push through the slot tags, so there appears to be a bit of inconsistency between countries.🤔  

22 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

I would agree the luggage label differences does seem odd, however, I didn’t say anything about luggage labels in my statement above. My response was to the statement that everyone should be treated the same.

I was only referring to the documents and luggage tags when i was talking about all being treated equally. Nowhere in my post did i talk about anything else than the final documents and luggage tags, you made an incorrect inference on what i posted. I know they have much different protection laws than the US or Canada and wasn't suggesting everything should be that same. 

Couldn’t believe it, unexpectedly we received yesterday via the post our full documentation including a large case to keep it all in, we in proud procession of 12 yes 12 luggage tags, in fact we never had so much information. I’m wondering if we got as it’s a grand cruise?

• Like 2