Luggage tags

swansong

On 3/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, flossie009 said:

We had luggage labels (and the usual document pack) delivered prior to our two Regent cruises in December.

10 hours ago, Gilly said:

wonder if Regent have run out of the old sticky style labels but the new tag-through-the-slit style ones haven't made it over the Atlantic ocean yet!? 

Let me add some information.

As I reported previously we had the full packs delivered (in the U.K.) from Regent, via our TA, in time for both our December 2021 cruises.

For Mariner the wallet contained the old style strip/sticky labels.

For Splendor we had the triangular slit style. At the time we assumed it was a “Splendor” thing, with Regent trying to be different for the newest ship.

Let’s hope Regent(U.K.) is getting the message that luggage labels delivered in advance is a necessary part of the pre-cruise service that customers expect to continue as previously.

Either label type is perfectly acceptable. I am not in favour of diy “print-at-home” arrangements.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Let me add some information.

As I reported previously we had the full packs delivered (in the U.K.) from Regent, via our TA, in time for both our December 2021 cruises.

For Mariner the wallet contained the old style strip/sticky labels.

For Splendor we had the triangular slit style. At the time we assumed it was a “Splendor” thing, with Regent trying to be different for the newest ship.

Let’s hope Regent(U.K.) is getting the message that luggage labels delivered in advance is a necessary part of the pre-cruise service that customers expect to continue as previously.

Either label type is perfectly acceptable. I am not in favour of diy “print-at-home” arrangements.

Hi All, I was with my TA yesterday to pick up my travel pack. My TA went through it and telephoned Regent regarding luggage tags and there was two answers given. The first was Covid, the second was they are trialing a ‘new system’ I.e. giving tags at the port. With this they are going to seek feed back. So the long and short of it is either wait until you get to the port or make your own. 

Edited by Easterncommand
Found archived email. AN UPDATE ON YOUR CRUISE DOCUMENTATION Dear Guest It is so wonderful to see our Regent ships sailing again and to hear the joy and happiness from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you on board. As we embark on a new a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All 

with regard to luggage tags, I have just found this archived email.

AN UPDATE ON YOUR CRUISE DOCUMENTATION

Dear Guest 

It is so wonderful to see our Regent ships sailing again and to hear the joy and happiness from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you on board. 

As we embark on a new and hopefully exciting 2022, we have streamlined our operations in order that we meet international covid and safety requirements. Your comfort and safety is always of top priority, and in light of this, full electronic documentation will be provided for your departure. 

1. You will receive all necessary travel documentation and information, timeously, by email.   

2. Simply check in online, and, on the day of departure, arrive at the cruise terminal, passport in hand.  

3. Luggage will be tagged before you step aboard for your unforgettable cruise. 

As this documentation system is initially being conducted on a trial basis, we will be closely monitoring guest feedback. We are confident this will prove to be a successful and smooth transition, ensuring Regent remains at the forefront of service excellence.  

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or our reservations department at

023 8082 1390 from the UK or +44 (0) 2380 1350 from outside the UK. 

10 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

This is what they sent to us. I don’t know if deck 9 is white, or they aren’t color coding. 

8C6CDEF3-30E5-416D-83B3-D6D6E674D3DA.jpeg

9EBD4D42-7317-46CC-B341-135CF979692D.jpeg

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I’ll attempt to make my own and hopefully my luggage will reach my suite from hotel. 

1 hour ago, Easterncommand said:

Hi All 

with regard to luggage tags, I have just found this archived email.

AN UPDATE ON YOUR CRUISE DOCUMENTATION

A few comments:

"Luggage will be tagged before you step aboard for your unforgettable cruise

This is not straightforward or efficient. Someone has to be on hand dishing out blank luggage tags; then the guest has to fill in the details on the tags (where did I pack my pen??); then put them on each bag.

A recipe for confusion & hold ups kerbside at the port. Certainly not a good start to a luxury cruise, especially if the weather is inclement.

"...... we will be closely monitoring guest feedback"

How is Regent(UK) collecting feedback?

Sample feedback from UK cruisers on this Board does not seem to be positive

"We are confident this will prove to be a successful and smooth transition"

Doesn't sound like it so far, with very poor communication about the details of the new arrangements.

"........... ensuring Regent remains at the forefront of service excellence"

Regent is certainly at the forefront of service excellence on board the ships.

Regent needs to ensure that service excellence pre-cruise for UK guests does not deteriorate

We wait in anticipation to see what arrangements are in place for tagging luggage for our next Regent cruise scheduled for July

9 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

I can now make my own. 

4 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

I’ll attempt to make my own

Come on Regent ............ 

Guests who have booked a luxury cruise talking about DIY luggage tags  🤨

Please tell me this ill-thought through decision will be reversed very soon.

Receiving that pre-cruise package through the post was always part of the anticipation of the luxurious cruise experience.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Receiving that pre-cruise package through the post was always part of the anticipation of the luxurious cruise experience.

I couldn't agree more @flossie009 and your description of a possible immediate pre-cruise scenario makes me shudder.  Surely Regent can do better than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am new to Regent but have cruised with Crystal, Silverseas and Seabourn and always received a lovely faux leather, cloth pack containing relevant documents and nice luggage tags. So disappointed that Regent have chosen to go down this route for its UK passengers. However if I have make my own so be it. 

I thought it was bad enough that Regent couldn't preprint the tags - THAT would have been a nice touch.  But barring that, it's always been a 'night before sailing' ritual to fill out the tags and put them on the luggage.  I can't see any advantage to doing it dockside...in fact, quite the opposite...

• Like 4

What does a "luggage tag" have to do with Regent meeting "international covid and safety requirements"?

Just an example of where a "bean counter" compiled a pivot table showing corporate how much $$$ could be saved by not including luggage tags in your documentation package.  I would agree that in the past Regent probably included a few too many tags in that package but we tagged everything including our carry-ons just to be on the safe side.

UUNetBill:  My thoughts (last para, Post #9) exactly. 

A few more thoughts come to mind:  some fit-to-print; others not.  

If it ain't broke; don't fix it.  

If Regent wants feedback [You want the Truth?  You can't handle the Truth!  [[Apologies to Jack Nickolson's character in "A Few Good Men".]]

Provide comments [aka The Truth] directly to BOTH Regent AND to your TA.  Pronto!

Such a silly, silly situation; and a self-inflicted problem.  Filling out luggage tags at the Pier.  Comm'on guys.  A little common sense.  Better-yet, filling them out in the wind and rain--what could possibly go wrong?

Even less sense for folks arriving early on Regent-arrange pre-visit stays and/or Concierge and above and staying at a Regent hotel the night before departing to the Pier.  IF,  IF Regent is insistent in NOT supplying those simple--yet effective BLANK luggage tags earlier, then, at-least have them available at the designated hotel at the "Hospitality Desk" for pick-up.  See, also, my Plan B outlined in Post #9.  

Hopefully, this unneeded kurfuffle (sp?) can be put into the dustbin of history before our next late-2022 Regent cruise. I plan to contact my TA well-in advance to assure possession of those tags is obtained prior to Pier-side.   

Stay safe.  

GOARMY!

As mentioned earlier I asked my TA to take this issue up with Regent in Southampton. My TA replied today that they hadn’t answered the question regarding the inconsistencies of the luggage tag issue but said they would send me some tags for our next cruise in June which sounded like they were doing me a favour.

Not a satisfactory answer. It’s all well and good guests providing their own labels but will luggage not having a ‘Regent’ label be taken on board? Like many, I don’t want to have a repeat of the chaos last time.

At least Carnival provides tags that you print at home and attach before you get to the dock. Can’t Regent at least do that!!!

Take the 7 Grandkids on carnival and RCL out of Galveston…..they love it. Then we take a Regent cruise to recover!

9 hours ago, mdunne48 said:

What does a "luggage tag" have to do with Regent meeting "international covid and safety requirements"?

Just an example of where a "bean counter" compiled a pivot table showing corporate how much $$$ could be saved by not including luggage tags in your documentation package.  I would agree that in the past Regent probably included a few too many tags in that package but we tagged everything including our carry-ons just to be on the safe side.

In the UK we now don't get a documentation package. No folder, no leather luggage tags, nothing except emails with the details of our cruise/flights/hotel stay. 

Not having the ship tags now means that we have to sort our luggage out when we arrive at the port on the bus, fill them out, attach them, hand them back before going into check in. 

For ease, I'll make my own using the template that Pudgesmom kindly shared and save the faffing around at the Dock. 

Boatsmans Lady:  

This is no way to treat our Cousins from across The Pond.  

Regent:  You are monitoring this Board.  Rethink this "streamlining" procedure.  

GOARMY!

(Safely at Redmond, WA)  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

In the UK we now don't get a documentation package. No folder, no leather luggage tags, nothing except emails with the details of our cruise/flights/hotel stay. 

Not having the ship tags now means that we have to sort our luggage out when we arrive at the port on the bus, fill them out, attach them, hand them back before going into check in. 

For ease, I'll make my own using the template that Pudgesmom kindly shared and save the faffing around at the Dock. 

we have extra tags for deck 8 if that helps. Will arrive in Rome on the 24th.

It does seem a little odd that a company that offers a luxury product should appear money grubbing like this.  Having to label bags on the dockside is not efficient and not classy!! And why are people on either side of the pond getting a different experience with regard boarding info etc?  This has diminished my RSSC experience.  I have been sent numerous brochures from Regent (that aren't cheap to produce) but they can't send me luggage tags etc.  Very shabby.

With what is happening in Ukraine at the moment I am aware that this is a very  minor issue but this is post intended as feedback for Regent.

• Like 3

Guess what? My mail ( snail not email) has just arrived and following my recent conversation with my TA an envelope from Regent has arrived with the old deck specific tags and more of the ‘ leather” ones, ( got a drawer-full of those!)

So it was a favour as our cruise is not until June.

I suggest UK guests contact their TA and perhaps Regent will reconsider their current policy.

As I said before its not much but it does make a difference to the boarding process.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2022 at 10:09 AM, swansong said:

Guess what? My mail ( snail not email) has just arrived and following my recent conversation with my TA an envelope from Regent has arrived with the old deck specific tags and more of the ‘ leather” ones, ( got a drawer-full of those!)

So it was a favour as our cruise is not until June.

I suggest UK guests contact their TA and perhaps Regent will reconsider their current policy.

As I said before its not much but it does make a difference to the boarding process.

Swansong, I did as you suggested and had no joy. Their answer was they haven't received anything from Regent apart from a final cruise summary which they posted out and suggested that I contact Regent. 

On contacting Regent the confirmed that they are trialling an email system in the UK and there will be luggage labels handed out at the Dock, so yes you have to find your luggage, write the info on, attach and hand your luggage back. 

I did point out that this rather detracted from the 'luxury' experience and in these covid times wasn't conclusive to being social distanced as you would have a bus full of people milling around and if the weather is inclement we could end up very wet and possibly have to stay in those wet clothes for a couple hours. 

The agent said that she would pass my comments on but I could also email my comments in. 

So could you all please email your comments, (good or bad) in about the new system of receiving everything by email. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:23 AM, Easterncommand said:

1. You will receive all necessary travel documentation and information, timeously, by email.   

As a soon-to-be-Regent customer, I am also appalled by this change imposed “on a trial basis” on our cousins across the pond. 

In addition, I must ask if Regent has resorted to making up new words in an effort to save money (cheaper than reusing “real words?”)

timeously???

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1

Ha, we received a new invoice from out TA a little while ago.  We are no longer on deck 8. Upgraded to deck 9  so the  luggage tags that we have cannot be used.

Oh well, it'll lighten the load.

• Haha 1