Cabin Door Decor

karajeboo

Does anyone know of sites to get things personalized for cabin doors?  Another cruise line has a forum with designers will personalize things and all you need to do is print them out.  Just not sure where to find for Carnival?

On 3/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, karajeboo said:

Does anyone know of sites to get things personalized for cabin doors?  Another cruise line has a forum with designers will personalize things and all you need to do is print them out.  Just not sure where to find for Carnival?

I order my door banners from Angela at custom cruise wear; she's great to work with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So My DH wants me to decorate our cabin door this time around when we cruise. Do all the items you  use to decorate have to be Magnetic? What did you use to hang a banner? I looked on Amazon yesterday and it does seem like they have a lot to choose from. How about Port Items for the door? Like last year someone had things that referred to each Port we visited. For Example: Amber Cove. Do you use something specific for the Port or do your own cut outs, etc.? Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

One cool thing

with door decorations when they're on my strip of corridor

- they serve as navigational way-points when I'm headed back to the cabin!

Don't laugh.

Late at night we can all use a little help!

Corridor-328.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MzOhioLady said:

So My DH wants me to decorate our cabin door this time around when we cruise. Do all the items you  use to decorate have to be Magnetic? What did you use to hang a banner? I looked on Amazon yesterday and it does seem like they have a lot to choose from. How about Port Items for the door? Like last year someone had things that referred to each Port we visited. For Example: Amber Cove. Do you use something specific for the Port or do your own cut outs, etc.? Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

I orders some command strips with my decorations as well because people have said due to multiple coats of paint and weak magnets it may not stick.  You can only put things on the door though--not the frame is my understanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80sGal said:

Remember to take magnets!  Some doors need extra magnets to hold things in place, even when they are already magnetic, which we found out the hard way the first time we decorated.  LOL

Thank You. 

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

One cool thing

with door decorations when they're on my strip of corridor

- they serve as navigational way-points when I'm headed back to the cabin!

Don't laugh.

Late at night we can all use a little help!

Corridor-328.jpg

Agreed! LOl. I think that's The Real Reason Why my DH wants the door decorations to begin with. 

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, karajeboo said:

I also order from Amazon. My decor was easy to put up and take down. I brought a roll of scotch tape with me, also my decorations was with me when I boarded.  I'm platinum on Carnival so my cabin was ready when I boarded the ship.  The first thing I do is decorate.   Hope you find some fun decorations.

🙂 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

I orders some command strips with my decorations as well because people have said due to multiple coats of paint and weak magnets it may not stick.  You can only put things on the door though--not the frame is my understanding.

I'll definitely bring some extra Command Strips with me. Thanks!

I believe it was the Carnival Breeze, a few years ago, that I couldn't get a magnet to stick on the hallway side of the cabin door (did not try inside-facing side of the door), except for the door handle plate.  There wasn't even the slightest attraction.

Carnival does not allow any mounting method that mars or damages the door in any way, including leaving any residue.  Magnets and command strips are just fine, but some putties can leave greasy spots.  Cellophane tape may also cause some issues, might just depend on the brand and quality.

Also, all material that is hung must be flame retardant.  Carnival has been known to remove items they determine might be a fire hazard.

So, with all that, hope you find some good creative ways to make your door festive and memorable!

• Like 2

Just glanced at some of the recommended sites - oh my!  I may not get any more work done today!!! I feel some money being spent shortly - LOL!  Thanks to the OP for starting this one.  And Aplmac is correct - sober or not, door decorations really do help when looking for your cabin.  The cabin doors really do all look the same!!! 😄

• Like 1

We always make our own. They really do help as navigational points while on board, plus making your decorattion gives you soemthing to do to make a weekend pass quickly while you are waiting to cruise. We use Command strips to hang them and have never had any problems. 

This is the one I made for our cruise Jan 31:

20220131_154436.thumb.jpg.ec3bfa6c9d8be1794e74eabc596d34aa.jpg

and the one that we are taking on our cruise next week:

20220220_153150.thumb.jpg.2d023853eb4ae21b9a77df7e3c8a8b35.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, emoorehead said:

We always make our own. They really do help as navigational points while on board, plus making your decorattion gives you soemthing to do to make a weekend pass quickly while you are waiting to cruise. We use Command strips to hang them and have never had any problems. 

This Banner is Very Cute! Love It.

21 hours ago, emoorehead said:

That is adorable. When you get back, can you report back whether the Sunshine doors are metal (magnets work?).  Or others may know and can report back. I know 5th floor “new” rooms are, but not sure about original doors on other decks. We I usually take white boards for our group cruises and they are magnetic.  Enjoy your mother/daughter cruise!

Maybe we could share some pics of our door decor of past trips to give others' ideas...I myself don't have a crafty bone in my body so I leave that to the pinterest/craft room folks who are much better at it them me...but I enjoy seeing them all the same.

52 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Maybe we could share some pics of our door decor of past trips to give others' ideas...I myself don't have a crafty bone in my body so I leave that to the pinterest/craft room folks who are much better at it them me...but I enjoy seeing them all the same.

This is me as well. Not sure if I can pull it off for our December Cruise but since the Hubby asked I'll give it a try. I don't have an artistic bone either! I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done as well.

• Like 1

After decorating our door several times, I finally resorted to just hanging something on the mailbox outside of the cabin.  The items on the door usually ended up just getting in the way, especially for the stewards when they were going in/out for cleaning.  I was constantly rearranging them.  For Christmas, I hang a stocking on the mail box.  And occasionally other cruisers have placed nice gifts in there for us, such as chocolates and even a wooden cruise ship ornament!  For other cruises, I have a wooden anchor that I painted and decorated.  Those items are also easy to pack in my luggage.  Bottom line is JUST HAVE FUN with it whatever you choose to do!! We enjoy seeing the décor on other cabins for sure! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Maybe we could share some pics of our door decor of past trips to give others' ideas

21 hours ago, MzOhioLady said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done as well.

This is one I had created for our cruise to Iceland/Greenland that got cancelled.  And I was due to turn Diamond lol.

door banner.jpg

• Like 2