Seabourn Club Signature Massage

JPH814

Has anyone tried this?

I selected this as my Silver benefit.  

I must say I was surprised and disappointed when I went to book this.

It is only a 25 minute massage AND, apparently, you can only book it at 8 AM, 9 AM or 7 PM, 8 PM or 9PM.  

I routinely get at least one massage per cruise - often more than one.  These times are not at all what I had in mind.  Also, 25 minutes is hardly enough time to get into the experience.

Does anyone know:  Are they flexible with the time of day?  Can you pay extra to extend a longer session

• Like 1

Never had a problem booking anytime I wanted. Your post is the first I ever heard of booking parameters, but 25 minutes is short so add to an hour massage and that will make it much nicer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Has anyone tried this?

I selected this as my Silver benefit.  

I must say I was surprised and disappointed when I went to book this.

It is only a 25 minute massage AND, apparently, you can only book it at 8 AM, 9 AM or 7 PM, 8 PM or 9PM.  

I routinely get at least one massage per cruise - often more than one.  These times are not at all what I had in mind.  Also, 25 minutes is hardly enough time to get into the experience.

Does anyone know:  Are they flexible with the time of day?  Can you pay extra to extend a longer session

Based on my experience, no and no.  

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

What is supposed to be "so special" about this massage?  

I don't think there's anything special about it, other than the fact that it's "free."

Like previous posters, we usually wait until we're on the ship and make back-to-back bookings of the "free" 25-minute signature massage with another massage of at least equal length.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What is supposed to be "so special" about this massage?  

What's special is that it isn't a regular full-length massage. 😉 Calling it a "Seabourn Club Signature Massage" really does a disservice to any other "signature" things they do (like Caviar in the Surf). They probably don't want to give away a longer massage to the large number of cruisers who have achieved any level in Seabourn club (which begins at 20 nights). It's a teaser to get you in the door of the spa, where they hope they can upsell you on a longer massage or returning for another treatment later in your cruise. 

Edited by cruiseej
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cruiseej said:

It's a teaser to get you in the door of the spa, where they hope they can upsell you on a longer massage or returning for another treatment later in your cruise. 

Thanks.  Nothing really "new" in that practice.  

You also cannot double up any longer if one guest wants to take advantage of both guests massage benefit.  The Spa manager was quite rude about it too.  In the past when Seabourn was more accommodating, having a double 50min massage was no problem. 

The massage moments on deck seem to have disappeared too or they are only implemented when the spa staff have absolutely no one and are told to get some business.