RCI European Sailing Protocols

20 hours ago, steamboats said:

There is no EU PLF form... France does not have a form at all. You need to fill in the Spanish form and the Italian (which uses the EU website).

The form Italy and France use is called the "EU digital passenger locator form"...not required or used EU wide, but that is the name, so that adds to the confusion for some.

https://www.euplf.eu/web/index-2.html

Edited by xxHadleyxx
  • Like 1

Steamboats (or anyone else with lots of experiene and knowledge of different lines and varying international rules), maybe you can help puzzle out what is actually needed by Spain for the Wonder TA sailing (or any other TA ending in Spain really):

RCI said to fill in the SpTHm form but did not offer guidance as to whether we should list our first port day in Spain as the entry date, or the day we dismebark in Spain.  In googling to find guidance from the Spanish government on this, I found this, which was released in June of last year:

https://travelsafe.spain.info/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/NUEVOS_REQUISITOS_DE_ENTRADA_EN_ESPANA_A_PARTIR_DEL_7_DE-JUNIO_eng.pdf

From the link above there is this wording, which indicates we should not be filling out the SpTHm form at all, but rather the EU digital passenger locator form (which does make it clear to use the disembarkation date, then later on add in other ports):

" What if I enter Spain as a passenger on an international cruise? Passengers on international cruise ships sailing in territorial waters will not have to use the Spain Travel Health application, but their information will be collected through the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form application, available through the following link https://www.healthygateways.eu/."

Given how often the cruise lines are confused about what we really need (this would not be the first time RCI has given out wrong information, heck in the same email that said we need to SpTHm it said you need a PCR test to fly to the USA; which I know to be false), I am now just waiting in limbo hoping for clarity as we get closer to sail date.  ANY information you can share to help clear things up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by xxHadleyxx

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Getting ready to cancel our Europe sailing in September, way to much to keep track of, Just isn't worth it to us. 

It can feel like a full time job keeping up with the requirenments travelling in the post covid era.

Personally, it is worth it to me, but i can understand if that is not for everyone.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

It can feel like a full time job keeping up with the requirenments travelling in the post covid era.

Personally, it is worth it to me, but i can understand if that is not for everyone.

I think it might be best for us to just fly over and do a land tour either in 2023 or 2024...........Most interested in Italy.

Maybe book something with Tauck Tours, I have  friends that used them and just rave about their land tours.

Classic Italy Guided Tours Map

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Getting ready to cancel our Europe sailing in September, way to much to keep track of, Just isn't worth it to us. 

Why? By September things may be very different. I would at least hang on until final payment and see what the rules/regulations are then. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just go with the flow

We still have a 5 day really cheap cabin Balcony cabin ($697) on Serenade out of Tampa this October. Might do that one.

Just booked the Panama Canal cruise for 2023.West to East Full transit. Radiance of the Seas

Really excited about that one.

We went through the canal once back in 2004, looking forward now going through the new canal that was just built.

If we do Europe, we will just fly over in 2024 and do a land tour. 

Edited by Jimbo

14 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

Why? By September things may be very different. I would at least hang on until final payment and see what the rules/regulations are then. 

If we were going to go this September, I would have had all the  planning(3 or 4 Pre days in Rome before cruise) of it way done before now. Just can't get excited in to doing that with all the unknowns right now.

Thing can change so fast right now, even though it may be fine next month, who knows what September will be like, could be much better or could be much worse..........Just don't want to get our hopes up and then it all  be shot down again later.

Rather if we cruise, cruise from the US rather then so far away from home. We still have a short cruise for October 2022 we can go on. We will be fine.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think it might be best for us to just fly over and do a land tour either in 2023 or 2024...........Most interested in Italy.

Maybe book something with Tauck Tours, I have  friends that used them and just rave about their land tours.

Classic Italy Guided Tours Map

Looks like a nice trip.

Hard to know what, if any, Covid hoops will remain to be jumped through in September, or next year.  I've jumped through hoops figuring out the rules for land trips too (including a driving trip through Italy last fall).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Make sure you have lots of usable credit on your credit card.

Between the two of us, we are very privileged on that account, though it would be quite a financial hit (although when I told MrCatLady my plan, he did point out there are many worse places to be stuck than Copenhagen).

Edited by CatLadyFemme

Just reading the protocols in Italy from April 1st through April 30th. From the way that I’m reading masks will be required as well as well as the Basic Green Pass or from non EU countries below. Looks as though testing will not be required by the Italian government. At least through 4/30.

1. Basic Green Pass: certifies vaccination, recovery from COVID-19 or a negative result for a molecular or antigenic swab
  2. Access with FFP2 masks

https://www.italia.it/en/covid19

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Hoping this means the pre embarkation COVID tests are discontinued for vaccinated individuals

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6859/

This only applies to cruises out of the U.S. Each country make their own rules as to what is needed to cruise. 

Edit to add from the below link.

The CDC's voluntary COVID-19 program for cruise ships remains in place.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/cdc-drops-warning-about-covid-19-risk-cruise-ships

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Just reading the protocols in Italy from April 1st through April 30th. From the way that I’m reading masks will be required as well as well as the Basic Green Pass or from non EU countries below. Looks as though testing will not be required by the Italian government. At least through 4/30.

1. Basic Green Pass: certifies vaccination, recovery from COVID-19 or a negative result for a molecular or antigenic swab
  2. Access with FFP2 masks

https://www.italia.it/en/covid19

Very helpful.  Thank you!

10 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

This is just a health questionnaire for orange coded countries (which UK is). EU states and US do not have to fill this in. And it´s no online form which you have to upload to the French authorities. It´s pretty much the same you have to fill in with the cruise line.

steamboats

4 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

The form Italy and France use is called the "EU digital passenger locator form"...not required or used EU wide, but that is the name, so that adds to the confusion for some.

https://www.euplf.eu/web/index-2.html

Although France is in the list it´s greyed out. They never used it. Malta, Italy and Slovenia used it. I´ve been to Cherbourg twice on a cruise (each time coming via UK) and I never had to fill in anything for France (neither did the UK residents - and especially Cunard was pretty pushy telling us what we need to do).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

RCI said to fill in the SpTHm form but did not offer guidance as to whether we should list our first port day in Spain as the entry date, or the day we disembark in Spain. 

I´d say the first port (Malaga?). That´s where you enter Spain the first time. But I remember from the Oasis TA that the passport control didn´t happen until Barcelona.

The EU PLF does not even have the option "coming from a non EU country by cruise to Spain".

Sorry, that I can´t light up your confusion on this question.

steamboats

22 minutes ago, steamboats said:

I´d say the first port (Malaga?). That´s where you enter Spain the first time. But I remember from the Oasis TA that the passport control didn´t happen until Barcelona.

I remember that too.....which is why I am not sure what Spain is likely to actually want.

Thanks for answering...I figured if anyone might know it would be you, and I mishgt as wlel ask here given that I am far from the only person wondering.

BARCELONA RCI PROTOCOLS: (my bold/underline of what I think are the important bits)

Vaccination and Testing Requirements 

Vaccination

All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated, having received their final dose no less than 14 days prior to sailing. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 
270 days (9 months) ago. 

Children aged 5 to 11 are not required to be vaccinated. However, kids who have been fully vaccinated may present proof and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. Children with one dose of a vaccine do not count as fully vaccinated for the purpose of our sailing. 

Please note: we will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in the place of a vaccination record.

To understand our policy on accepted vaccines, including mixed doses, please visit our FAQ here.

Entry Requirements

It's critical that you review the travel guidance issued by each country you’ll be visiting on your sailing prior to travel. Failure to meet the requirements for each will result in denial of boarding.

All guests travelling to Spain will need to complete an FCS Health Control Form prior to entering Spain. 

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before our sailing.

Embark 
All unvaccinated guests ages 2 - 11 will be required to take a boarding day antigen test in the terminal and receive a negative result in order to sail.

During the Cruise 
Guests 12 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. To learn more click here. 

Prior to Disembarking 
Guests 15 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing prior to disembarking. Guests will receive registration details once onboard. 

Guests under 2 years old are not required to test.

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and expected for onboard for unvaccinated children aged 2 and older. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the cruise terminal, and may be required at various destinations. 
Click here to learn more.

Shore Excursions 
Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports of call freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call. 

Edited by little britain

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

BARCELONA RCI PROTOCOLS: (my bold/underline of what I think are the important bits)

Vaccination and Testing Requirements 

Vaccination

All guests 12 and older must be fully vaccinated, having received their final dose no less than 14 days prior to sailing. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 
270 days (9 months) ago. 

Children aged 5 to 11 are not required to be vaccinated. However, kids who have been fully vaccinated may present proof and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. Children with one dose of a vaccine do not count as fully vaccinated for the purpose of our sailing. 

Please note: we will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in the place of a vaccination record.

To understand our policy on accepted vaccines, including mixed doses, please visit our FAQ here.

Entry Requirements

It's critical that you review the travel guidance issued by each country you’ll be visiting on your sailing prior to travel. Failure to meet the requirements for each will result in denial of boarding.

All guests travelling to Spain will need to complete an FCS Health Control Form prior to entering Spain. 

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before our sailing.

Embark 
All unvaccinated guests ages 2 - 11 will be required to take a boarding day antigen test in the terminal and receive a negative result in order to sail.

During the Cruise 
Guests 12 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. To learn more click here. 

Prior to Disembarking 
Guests 15 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing prior to disembarking. Guests will receive registration details once onboard. 

Guests under 2 years old are not required to test.

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and expected for onboard for unvaccinated children aged 2 and older. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the cruise terminal, and may be required at various destinations. 
Click here to learn more.

Shore Excursions 
Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports of call freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call. 

Where did you get the requirements? I still don’t see any details on the RC website. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Where did you get the requirements? I still don’t see any details on the RC website. 

Emailed to those on the first Voyager cruise leaving Barcelona on April 15th about 40 mins ago.