Move up offer today

Scrst

I got an offer today to move up.  I have been following the tracker topic so I think I know a bit , but just a bit.  The gauge started at at about $450 or so for the various categories.  On the tracker topic I saw many comments of being able to bid $100 or so for some cabin categories.  I don’t want to be too specific, but was mine higher because I have a pretty good deal on my current cabin?  So I guess I’m asking if each passengers gauge could be different for the same cruise, depending on what they paid? 

I don't think it matters what you paid.   I think it most depends on what category you are in and the length of the sailing.   If you are in a suite and a short sailing 4/5 days I would think that would be a pretty normal offer for a CS.  

Usually AQ or CC is around $100 min for the next category up.

Pre pandemic we were cruising with friend and we were both in SS 2 when the move up bids came the minimums were different.  We had booked our cruise over a year out and our price was lower than our friends who had booked about 5 months out.  Our minimum bid for a CS was $250 higher, which led me to believe that there is a difference depending on what you paid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Reflection May 13th 2022 sailing move up price MINIMUM bid from an S2 Sky Suite as of today. Prices are per person. The exchange rate is £1 = $1.3.

Reflection Suite £6950
Penthouse Suite £5440
Royal Suite £3090
Signature Suite £1685
Celebrity Suite £930

Again,these are minimum upgrade bids that according to the site stand a weak chance of winning. Also this cruise was booked around 12 months ago at approximately £2900 per person. Today it is £6688 per person with Celebrity UK. Who on earth would pay £669 ($870) per night for a sky suite? 

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

Reflection May 13th 2022 sailing move up price MINIMUM bid from an S2 Sky Suite as of today. Prices are per person. The exchange rate is £1 = $1.3.

Reflection Suite £6950
Penthouse Suite £5440
Royal Suite £3090
Signature Suite £1685
Celebrity Suite £930

Again,these are minimum upgrade bids that according to the site stand a weak chance of winning. Also this cruise was booked around 12 months ago at approximately £2900 per person. Today it is £6688 per person with Celebrity UK. Who on earth would pay £669 ($870) per night for a sky suite? 

Wow. Those are crazy prices.  We're in an aft corner sky suite for our next cruise, and the maximum bid for royal and penthouse suites (which, of course, I have bid) are less than those minimum bids.

Received our move up bids today. We’re currently booked in a S1 corner aft on the Edge for May. The starting prices was crazy. By the way, we booked this cruise last July. 

CS = $1500.00 PP
RS = $3500.00 PP

Villa = $6000.00 PP 

We will stick with our original choice.

2 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

Reflection Suite £6950
Penthouse Suite £5440
Royal Suite £3090
Signature Suite £1685
Celebrity Suite £930

Yup, this is the cruise we are on....  the current price of our SS is 4.8 X what we paid....  I can't understand the pricing, but am glad I locked in an acceptable price months ago 🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Yup, this is the cruise we are on....  the current price of our SS is 4.8 X what we paid....  I can't understand the pricing, but am glad I locked in an acceptable price months ago 🙂 

You paid $1800 ish on a 10 day always included sky suite? Wow. That is a good deal. I’ve been tracking pricing and not seen them anywhere near that on this sailing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

You paid $1800 ish on a 10 day always included sky suite? Wow. That is a good deal. I’ve been tracking pricing and not seen them anywhere near that on this sailing. 

You got an Excellent Deal

6 minutes ago, Scrst said:

OP here.   So why don’t I have any 100 or so minimum bids….?  mine only start at $450 or so

What category are you currently in and what categories can you Move Up to? You have left out crucial details. If you are in an interior, you should have maybe $100 minimum bids to Move Up to an ocean view. You are never going to see something like an $100 minimum bid to go from a Veranda to a Sky Suite, if that's what you are looking for.

The mins are different for every sailing, depending on a number of factors. For example, I was initially booked in a Veranda for my March 19 5-day Summit sailing. I had a minimum bid of just $35 to Move Up to an Aqua Class. My March 24 40-day Summit sailing has a minimum bid of $50. But my Summit sailings still have a lot of Aqua Class cabins available, so it makes sense the bids are low. I have heard that people in Verandas on the March 19 Apex sailing have higher minimum bids.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scrst said:

I don’t want to share too much info!  I will say there are many unsold cabins in most categories

Ah, well I was going to check inventory, but without more info, I am out of ideas as to why the minimums are so high. I do not believe the bid amounts have anything to do with what you initially paid. From a business standpoint, that wouldn't make any sense. They already have the money from your initial booking and everyone else's. All that should matter to them now is home much more they can get.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Ah, well I was going to check inventory, but without more info, I am out of ideas as to why the minimums are so high. I do not believe the bid amounts have anything to do with what you initially paid. From a business standpoint, that wouldn't make any sense. They already have the money from your initial booking and everyone else's. All that should matter to them now is home much more they can get.

How do you check real time inventory?

1 minute ago, mikewomb said:

Start to book online, select a category, and see how many cabins in each category are showing as 'open'.

That process really only works to tell you a minimum of cabins available.  It can't be used to determine bookings (occupancy) since cabins can show as unavailable for a variety of reasons other than that they are actually booked.

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Start to book online, select a category, and see how many cabins in each category are showing as 'open'.

That process really only works to tell you a minimum of cabins available.  It can't be used to determine bookings (occupancy) since cabins can show as unavailable for a variety of reasons other than that they are actually booked.

That doesn’t work, because the cruise lines hold back cabins, and what you see is what they want you to see. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Others can jump in, but I've never seen a subsequent Move Up email after the first one.

I received a second move up offer with reduced prices about 10 days out..  Equinox Mar 4 sailing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

That doesn’t work, because the cruise lines hold back cabins, and what you see is what they want you to see. 

That is why I carefully noted that it only works in one direction.  It allows a view of the minimum number of available cabins, but can't be used to estimate the number of booked cabins since cabins may show as unavailable for a number of reasons.  Hoped I had made that clear.

1 hour ago, mikewomb said:

I use a TA site that lets me click into each category and see the total number of available rooms in that category. I enter that info into a spreadsheet and total it up. As others have said, it may not be entirely accurate for figuring out how many rooms are booked, because there may be some blocked off for quarantine or other purposes. But it can give a rough idea of availability at least.

FWIW, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to wait for a move up e-mail offer.

Anyone booked can check for themselves anytime they want to.

You will also see there an e-mail address. Don't hold your breath - I've used it with poor results.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by sippican