Testing Requirement for Boarding Ship in Vancouver

GlennG

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Neither Costco nor Walmart offer testing in BC according to their websites.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

There's a Costco pharmacy at 605 Expo Blvd in Vancouver but don't see antigen tests offered there.  If you want to save some money try a Walmart store in the area. 

Appreciate the advice I did look both up. At this time shows not available in BC. 

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

@DHP1 try these for test site in Vancouver:

Bon Voyage Medical

price: $70 to $110 (varies by location)
locations: Vancouver airport, Richmond, Coquitlam

Iridia Medical

price: $90
locations: Vancouver, mobile testing available

Midtown Medical Clinic

price: $99
locations: Richmond, Vancouver

Canadian Travel Clinics

price: $115
locations: Vancouver
website: https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca/Clinics/1056-/Travel-Clinic-Vancouver-Downtown

Covid Travel Vancouver

price: $119
locations: Vancouver, Burnaby, Kerrisdale, Surrey

Fast Test

price: $125
locations: Vancouver at the Fairmont

Thanks for this 

I am in Ontario and think these prices are ridiculous. I will post this list on Princess social media to open their eyes how we are being ripped off!! That is a lot of money to pay for 4 in a family to board ship. We are putting extra money into BC economy staying 2 days pre cruise- eating, shopping.  Probably be on a plane with Covid positives. What an effortless experience Princess instagram ads are saying. Rant over 

appreciate the help

• Like 1

Well, someone said, BC means Bring Cash.  I don't know when you folks are cruising, but I paid for rapid antigen tests today at a clinic in Richmond BC which does the test for you and sends out the results in an hour.  Now we haven't used them yet as our cruise is Apr 23 out of Vancouver, so maybe I should not be saying anything.  We paid $44 CAD each, incl taxes which is their rate for Aeroplan members.  You have to make an appointment so I made it for before noon the day before we board.  HTH.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Well, someone said, BC means Bring Cash.  I don't know when you folks are cruising, but I paid for rapid antigen tests today at a clinic in Richmond BC which does the test for you and sends out the results in an hour.  Now we haven't used them yet as our cruise is Apr 23 out of Vancouver, so maybe I should not be saying anything.  We paid $44 CAD each, incl taxes which is their rate for Aeroplan members.  You have to make an appointment so I made it for before noon the day before we board.  HTH.

Can you say which clinic?  Very good price!

48 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

$75 CAD is cheapest I found Live Well, but I need to have test within day prior to cruise, in Vancouver.  the airport area is not suitable. 
Canada Place Trade Centre offers tests but very expensive 

why did I buy Switch through aeroplan? Are they useless to board a Princess ship n Vancouver, BC?

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dog said:

$75 CAD is cheapest I found Live Well, but I need to have test within day prior to cruise, in Vancouver.  the airport area is not suitable. 

why did I buy Switch through aeroplan? Are they useless to board a Princess ship n Vancouver, BC?

Why would they be useless? 

16 minutes ago, broberts said:

Why would they be useless? 

Elsewhere on here someone said they are not FDA approved which Prince requires. I do not know what is correct 

Edited by dog

1 hour ago, dog said:

Elsewhere on here someone said they are not FDA approved which Prince requires. I do not know what is correct 

Princess has to update its testing requirements for Canada departures. It would be odd if it did not permit Health Canada approved tests in that update. That said, until it's published we won't know.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dog said:

Switch Health has Vanier Place Richmond BC $44  antigen test by appointment. And $39 for aeroplan members   25 m utes from cruise port.  Near airport

According to there website:-  I didn’t see $44 or $39.  Where did you see these prices.  Plus it’s 25 minutes by car from cruise port to Switch Health or 51 minutes by train/ bus. 

COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test [BC] 

CA$78.75
Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19.

Results returned in 30 minutes and utilized for travel to certain countries.

Price: $75.00
GST (5%): $3.75
Total: $78.75

Edited by DHP1

34 minutes ago, ehogan said:

The $44 price (incl tax) is for aeroplan members.  If you are not a member, easy to join on aeroplan website.  

But where does it state that on Switch Health, Vancouver location website?  I can’t find it. Thanks 

It's nuts here in BC for covid travel testing.  So far my plans are to use the Airport location for our Princess cruise in May.  It's the only one open in the evenings and about the least expensive.  I have the Rapid Response home tests and could use a telehealth service, but the test kits are not FDA approved, so I can't use them for Princess.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dog said:

You “can” use the Aeroplan switch Health proctored test kits to board Princess. We used them in January and will be using them again in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

You “can” use the Aeroplan switch Health proctored test kits to board Princess. We used them in January and will be using them again in a couple of weeks. 

Please post after you get on board. Where do you board the ship?

21 minutes ago, ehogan said:

DHP1

go to switchhealth.ca    Then scroll down to where you see the blackish Aeroplan box.

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

But where does it state that on Switch Health, Vancouver location website?  I can’t find it. Thanks 

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

According to there website:-  I didn’t see $44 or $39.  Where did you see these prices.  Plus it’s 25 minutes by car from cruise port to Switch Health or 51 minutes by train/ bus. 

COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test [BC] 

CA$78.75
Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19.

Results returned in 30 minutes and utilized for travel to certain countries.

Price: $75.00
GST (5%): $3.75
Total: $78.75

I am confused. 

I will board ship Royal Princess in Vancouver for Alaska cruise.  Right now I do not know what Covid test is required and when the timelines be is to take it 

I will wait it out 

appreciate anyone who goes in next few months to come back here and share current experience. Thanks 

1 hour ago, stefndoug said:

It's nuts here in BC for covid travel testing.  So far my plans are to use the Airport location for our Princess cruise in May.  It's the only one open in the evenings and about the least expensive.  I have the Rapid Response home tests and could use a telehealth service, but the test kits are not FDA approved, so I can't use them for Princess.  

I don't know where you are getting this information. The Princess health FAQ does not have a section for "Sail from Canada". Following sections for sailings from the US, the UK, and Europe it does however have this text:

Looking for another destination?
We’re working with government authorities on protocols and will share final details before you sail – stay tuned!

The ONLY reasonable interpretation is that Princess is still developing its rules for Canadian departures.

28 minutes ago, broberts said:

I don't know where you are getting this information. The Princess health FAQ does not have a section for "Sail from Canada". Following sections for sailings from the US, the UK, and Europe it does however have this text:

We’re working with government authorities on protocols and will share final details before you sail – stay tuned!

The ONLY reasonable interpretation is that Princess is still developing its rules for Canadian departures.

Sailing from Europe and UK:-  For Canadian departure “may” say the same. I hope not. Stay tune. 

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as an at-home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 

• For U.K.-based guests, Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Lets go with that and hope for the best 🙂

3 hours ago, Woody14 said:

There is testing right at the port  https://www.gorapidtest.ca/collections/vancouver prices are not cheap but it is right there so could be an option for many

I couldn't find the location at the port.  This would be good for a back up even if it is expensive.  For those wondering about the $39 vs $44 charge. The $44 charge is the $39 charge plus tax.