muster drill

fairygirl1

As of now, you watch the safety video before your departure. Once on board, you proceed to your muster station where the muster crew member will scan your card that you reported to your assigned  station. 

Have fun in Bermuda!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fairygirl1 said:

Is NCL still doing inperson mustier drill? Going to Bermuda in August.. THX

As Burrata said, you need to watch a video on the muster (mustard for some!) drill. Each person that watches it has to attest they have done so. It will show up 21 days before you embark, in section 7 of your e-docs.

• Like 1

And, it's virtual mustering as noted above until further notice of change, plus, within a few days of your pending embarkation, you'll get at least one, if not two reminder email message to RE-watch the video (which is on YT and specific to the ship) again, before boarding.  Once onboard, especially if you are on deck early & before the staterooms are ready or permitted to drop off any bags, etc. - the keycard will show your assigned muster station, go there & get scanned (checked in) by the crew ... then, enjoy the rest of the cruise.  

Until everyone does this, the ship isn't leave the cruise terminal - and, names will get called out to report ...  Happy, safe & healthy cruising ! 

This one is for the "Encore" one of the official one produced by/for NCL - only 90 seconds long, nicely done .. my only monkey wrench - is it available for guests in other "key" languages ?

There's been rumors on other board with a different ship line that they are re-considering and could possibly go back to the old fashion way, not at NCL, or at least not yet with in-person muster drills. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fairygirl1 said:

Is NCL still doing inperson mustier drill? Going to Bermuda in August.. THX

It is still “in person” from the respect that you need to report to your muster station and listen to whatever brief they decide to do. You’ll be with others. They normally direct you to your muster station as you board. Get it done with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pamps2801 said:

I do believe you watch the Muster Drill on your stateroom tv. Then, after watching it,  go to your Muster Station and have your card scanned. It will show that you have watched the Muster Drill.

That is incorrect. Maybe other cruise lines, but not NCL. When you are able to complete your e-docs(21 days before embark), there will be a muster video in section seven. Each person is required to watch it and sign off that they have done so. You can't complete your e-docs till this is done. When you board the ship, you go to your muster assembly station. They will check you off that you have completed the requirements .Happy sailing!.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is still “in person” from the respect that you need to report to your muster station and listen to whatever brief they decide to do. You’ll be with others. They normally direct you to your muster station as you board. Get it done with. 

Have you had to listen to any brief since the restart? I've done six muster drills since August and IIRC each time it's been just a beep of the card/Medallion and "thank you, have a nice day!"

It's lovely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

That is incorrect.

Not quite that definitive.  The safety video DOES play on the stateroom TV, and has multiple languages in subtitles.  I was on the Joy last week and saw it.  You CAN watch it before boarding, when you get one of the THREE emails they send you about it!  I then had to report to my muster station (they actually guided us directly there during embarkation, it was difficult to skip it), check in, hear a quick explanation by a crew member and then we were off to explore the ship and enjoy vacation.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Not quite that definitive.  The safety video DOES play on the stateroom TV, and has multiple languages in subtitles.  I was on the Joy last week and saw it.  You CAN watch it before boarding, when you get one of the THREE emails they send you about it!  I then had to report to my muster station (they actually guided us directly there during embarkation, it was difficult to skip it), check in, hear a quick explanation by a crew member and then we were off to explore the ship and enjoy vacation.

My e-docs wouldn't get past the 86% without watching the video. Once I watched the video, reentered my e-mail and phone number to get them "verified", and finally figured how to put the photos in -only then did I reach 100%.

That was my experience. Not doubting that others may have different scenarios.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I watched the video as part of the check-in. NCL sent me an email stating I have to watch it again. Other than here, I haven't seen any notice from NCL that the process has gone back to what it used to be.

Yes, I received the same email today. See below:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Nov 24, 2022

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are delighted you will join us onboard Norwegian Encore very soon.

As we return to sail, we are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

We appreciate your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Katty Byrd,

Senior Vice President, Guest Services