How to tell whats in your drink package?

samplecd02

10 hours ago, nimiq said:

All very interesting . My question is with the Vitaminwater does any recall if the have the zero sugar ones ? 

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

I was wondering the same so I did some digging. It looks like in 2019 they offered 4 flavors with 2 of them being the zero sugar ones. 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:49 AM, IDL said:

Can the classic drink packages be used at lunch, dinner and shows?  If there is no charge do people generally tip the server in cash?

Yes, the classic drink package can be used in any venue.  If you choose a drink that is above the price limit of the classic package, $9.00 you pay the difference plus any gratuity. 

We give the bartender or wait staff cash tips if appropriate.  Not required but I believe in rewarding great service. 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:55 AM, MBP1 said:

Does the premium package include glasses of sake at Sushi on 5? 

Yes, it does. Like with anywhere else, if you choose a drink that is above the price limit of the classic package, $9.00 you pay the difference plus any gratuity. 

Edited by DaKahuna

12 hours ago, nimiq said:

All very interesting . My question is with the Vitaminwater does any recall if the have the zero sugar ones ? 

We are currently onboard the Silhouette and I have been consuming two or three of the Vitamin Water Zero's each day.  So far it's been the Lemonade and the mixed berry ones.  Will see if I come across any others. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:57 PM, samplecd02 said:

Thank you! I assume there is no limit at a seating correct? for example if I wanted 2 glasses of wine under $13 each at dinner

Drink as many glasses as you want,wherever you are on the ship. You can only order one glass at a time though (unless you also have another person's sea pass that also has the same or better drink package.)

4 hours ago, MBP1 said:

I was wondering the same so I did some digging. It looks like in 2019 they offered 4 flavors with 2 of them being the zero sugar ones. 

Great lets hope they do have them and also Diet Tonic so much better for anyone LOW Carb diet or  Keto.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Eric L

I’m having a nightmare because I’m afraid I’ll get on board and it will be nothing but diet drinks.  Diet wine and beer anyone?  (I think it’s called non alcoholic.). 😭

Can’t we all get along?

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2022 at 10:58 AM, helen haywood said:

Drinks with more than one spirit, umbrella drinks and frozen drinks are all available with the Classic Package.  The difference if you had the Premium Package would be what brand of tequila and Grand Marnier or Triple Sec was used in your Margarita, for example.  Call versus well brands.  And a caution…do not assume you will be served Premium branded vodka in your Bloody Mary unless you specify the brand.  The bartenders tend to default to the Classic Package brands.

Great reminder to ask for the Premium brands if that's what you prefer when ordering mixed cocktails.  I'm picky and the pool drinks started getting better once I learned to be specific when ordering.           

With the premium package, are there that many things that aren’t included? I’m assuming some of the more expensive wines and champagnes, but are there a lot of cocktails and stuff that are over the $15 price point?

Also…are all the coffees at Cafe al Bacio included as well?

(Sorry, first time Xer here 🤣

On 3/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, nimiq said:

Great lets hope they do have them and also Diet Tonic so much better for anyone LOW Carb diet or  Keto.

I have been drinking Belvedere and diet Tonic daily. 

6 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

With the premium package, are there that many things that aren’t included? I’m assuming some of the more expensive wines and champagnes, but are there a lot of cocktails and stuff that are over the $15 price point?

(Sorry, first time Xer here 🤣

Not very many cocktails but some at the World Class Bar are over the limit by a dollar or two. 

There are far more wines by the glass that exceed the limit price as well.  

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have been drinking Belvedere and diet Tonic daily. 

You just made my day!  I've been wondering/praying they will offer diet tonic on my upcoming sailing (Equinox - April 15th)  I know things vary by ship and itinerary, but at least I have some hope 😉

2 minutes ago, peanutter said:

You just made my day!  I've been wondering/praying they will offer diet tonic on my upcoming sailing (Equinox - April 15th)  I know things vary by ship and itinerary, but at least I have some hope 😉

On Reflection in December and on this cruise on Silhouette I have been able to have my Personal Retreat Host (Butler) keep a couple of bottles of the diet Tonic in my mini-fridge in case I want to have a Tito's and diet tonic in the room.  Has worked out well so far. 

17 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Never saw anything on the Al Bacio menu that wasn't covered by the premium package.  They usually don't have high end wines there.

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

Never saw anything on the Al Bacio menu that wasn't covered by the premium package.  They usually don't have high end wines there.

They should only carry Italian wines so people would have to go there to get them.  Has anyone ever met this Al guy?  🙂

Just now, zitsky said:

They should only carry Italian wines so people would have to go there to get them.  Has anyone ever met this Al guy?  🙂

On my last cruise January February 2022 on Edge I went to the Tuscan restaurant for a decent Italian red.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, kearney said:

When I order a drink I usually ask if it is covered under the classic package.... particularly if ordering a martini at the martini bar. You can get one there, but it will be regular size and using ingredients on the classic list.

Good Afternoon  --  we are just off the Connie...

The above mentioned practice may vary by ship

This cruise we had the Classic Beverage Package

I requested a regular size martini w/ Absolut to be covered under the classic plan

& I was informed they only carried premium alcohols & served the large martinis...

Not a problem - simply paid the upcharge...

2 minutes ago, Von & John said:

I requested a regular size martini w/ Absolut to be covered under the classic plan

& I was informed they only carried premium alcohols & served the large martinis...

How big are these large martinis?

On 3/28/2022 at 5:16 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We always have the premium package.  If you order a beverage which is priced beyond the premium price the bartender will tell you when you order.  My memory is that the premium covers all drinks up to $13.  

Up to $15 in cost. Covers all but a few drinks in Martini bar, some Scoth and some wines by the glass over $15. Very nice selection of wines by the glass between $9 and $15 including French and American champagne. If you are a wine drinker the PDP is a must, IMO.

Edited by terrydtx

On 3/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, samplecd02 said:

Thank you! I assume there is no limit at a seating correct? for example if I wanted 2 glasses of wine under $13 each at dinner

Yes, in Luminae our wine glass was never empty, we called it the never empty glass of wine.  If you are in a suite all drinks and wines by the glass in the Retreat Lounge or Michaels are included and not charged.

Edited by terrydtx

14 hours ago, Von & John said:

Well at least that is good to know... we never had that issue before...perhaps given inflation and supply chain issues they are tweaking things. We go on Equinox in a few weeks and will try it there. We actually prefer the Passport bar anyway... the seating in the Martini Bar are too difficult for DH to get out of...two bad knees....  There are easier seats to get out of down in the Passport Bar and it is a bit quieter too.

• Like 1