Do you ever wear heels in the evening?

jhsocal

17 minutes ago, rtdiva said:

You go girl! Strut when you can, cause sooner than expected your stuff falls! I’m turning 79 next week, if I’d do it all over again (2 decades of cruising) I’d play the dress up game! But darn it, playing how little to pack, is where I’m at now. 

I hear you!  When we travel COO (carry on only) and a backpack, I wear my sneakers on the plane and pack a pair of flat sandals and a pair of metallic gold wedge heels that go with all my dressy outfits.  That's it!  We did 17 days in Italy (10 of those days on a cruise) and I wanted to have our luggage with us at all times, so COO made it happen.  Driving to a port I can have a bit more wiggle room in the wardrobe department😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 5:57 PM, GrannyJ said:

If I wore heels in the evening (or any other time), I'd probably be taking a trip to the emergency room and I'd be wearing a cast.

A couple of years ago I donated my last pair of 'high heels.' I still have a wonderful pair of tall boots with some heel. I can't even remember that last time I even open the box. I should make a commitment that if I don't wear them this winter, then they'll go away also.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 6:45 AM, frantic36 said:

For context I had bilateral bunion surgery, have had issues with Morton's Neuroma and Planter Fasciitis over the years so I do have some concept of pain and difficulties.

And wearing high heels! Not in fashion magazines but when you're walking around in your city, do you see many high heels. I don't. Flat have been 'in' for so long now I can hardly remember the olden days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, clo said:

And wearing high heels! Not in fashion magazines but when you're walking around in your city, do you see many high heels. I don't. Flat have been 'in' for so long now I can hardly remember the olden days.

You enjoy your flats but you aren't necessarily the fashionista you purport to be. Yes some flats are in style but you will see many various styles on the runways this season. Slingbacks with kitten heels or cultural heels are very in. You and I must read different fashion magazines and I read all mine on line so can see a wide range.

Why not just let people have a different opinion rather than insulting them by telling them they are not up to date in fashion? In your opinion.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

You enjoy your flats but you aren't necessarily the fashionista you purport to be. Yes some flats are in style but you will see many various styles on the runways this season. Slingbacks with kitten heels or cultural heels are very in. You and I must read different fashion magazines and I read all mine on line so can see a wide range.

Why not just let people have a different opinion rather than insulting them by telling them they are not up to date in fashion? In your opinion.

But I did ask if you see many people out on the streets in heels. To each their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Yes I do.Mainly wedges and kitten. I live in a big city.

My final comment. When we were in Paris last year and I was looking at shoes, most I tell ya had on sneakers 🙂 But I'm guessing they changed to flats at night 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clo said:

My final comment. When we were in Paris last year and I was looking at shoes, most I tell ya had on sneakers 🙂 But I'm guessing they changed to flats at night 🙂

Whatever floats your boat 🙄. Please have the last word.

• Haha 2

I don't read fashion magazines but I will say who cares who likes heels and who doesn't? If you enjoy wearing them, wear them😀and if you don't want to wear them....then don't.😀 Does it really matter?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Closest thing to "heels" are my Doc Maartens and my cowboy boots 😸  Never owned a pair of shoes with a heel higher than my cowboy boots (and I'm 70 in 5 days).  It all depends on where you live and your lifestyle.  I have zero need or desire for a pair of pumps, wedges, metallic sandals, etc.  My surgically enhanced left ankle prohibits me from even looking at them, anyway.  I'm perfectly happy with my quiver of about 10 different trail runners, hiking shoes & boots,and the aforementioned Docs & cowboy boots. 

• Like 3