Karaoke Song List

HarborHermit

I always try to visit the karaoke bar, and have several songs that I like to sing and that I do a pretty good job on. They didn't have karaoke books on my cruises on the Breeze in December 2021 and February 2022 (probably a pandemic thing), but had a system where we would tell the DJ what song we wanted and the DJ would look it up in a database. There were a lot of songs they didn't have. Several of us waited forever after turning in our choices, only to be told that we had to pick alternate songs or that they were out of time. I was lunching at Cucina del Capitano in February and heard the Blake Shelton song Some Beach piped in over the PA, but when I asked for it at karaoke that night, they didn't have it. Don't get me wrong, Mustang Sally is a good song for me because it's in my range and is a crowd pleaser, but I like variety in my karaoke. I would like to know if they have a song before I fill out my slip and wait my turn.

Does anyone know which database Carnival uses for its karaoke?

BTW, they didn't have Blake Shelton's Some Beach or Hugh Jackman's The Greatest Show, but they did have Kyu Sakamoto's version of Sukiyaki in the original Japanese. The crowd was not that into it though. 🤪

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HarborHermit said:

Does anyone know which database Carnival uses for its karaoke?

BTW, they didn't have Blake Shelton's Some Beach or Hugh Jackman's The Greatest Show, but they did have Kyu Sakamoto's version of Sukiyaki in the original Japanese. The crowd was not that into it though. 🤪

You know that no one would have any idea or clue  to your question above unless they were the karaoke DJ and even then it could vary from ship to ship and  dj to dj. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You know that no one would have any idea or clue  to your question above unless they were the karaoke DJ and even then it could vary from ship to ship and  dj to dj. 

Thank you for your input. Putting you down as a "No" then. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't know how you'd find out, but I'll agree that the song selection is really small. We even found our RCCL cruise a few months ago to be even smaller (like a 3 page binder). I'm not sure what's keeps them from subscribing to a service like your local karaoke bar. It is a pretty big draw daily on ships.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I can verify that they do have Rapper's Delight - the 8 minute version

Thanks everybody. Other songs that they had on the Breeze were Tina Turner's Proud Mary, Irene Cara's Fame, and Etta James At Last. If I can remember some others, then I'll post them here.

The Hawaii five-0 theme is not Pipeline. It was composed for the 

tv show by Morty Stevens, who was an executive at CBS. The Ventures were the group he use a lot for TV themes. Don Ho sang a ballad version called "You Can Come with Me, and Sammy Davis Jr sang a fast tempo version he called "You Can Count on Me." 

I enjoy karaoke in Manilla where they sing "Peelings, Nothing but Peelings," and also Tokyo where the favorite is "The Gleen, Gleen, Glass of Home." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

I think I'm banned from singing Karaoke.   I don't want to say I'm a bad singer but when I sing in the shower, the water stops!

The 1st time I did karaoke on a Carnival ship, after I was finished, the DJ remarked "You tried" 🤣

• Haha 3

Yeah, it's a VERY limited database that is shared across all the ships. You're not going to find a whole lot of popular "park and bark" offerings from Adele, Whitney, Amy Winehouse, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, etc., so have a good three or four songs in mind right away.

I'm on the Vista right now, so I'm happy to ask later today. Also, if you're a karaoke person ... I'd advise you go to one of the later night karaoke sessions and chat with the host (it's almost always the same Fun Squad member throughout your cruise) and they'll be plenty happy to search through the database with you. I've got three songs now that I know will be available on any Carnival ship and while they aren't my favorite, I know I can perform them pretty well even when I'm at my Cheers limit. 🤣

• Thanks 1

I still have an old High Sea Karaoke song list posted by a CC member in 2018. The list was quite extensive, about 10 pages long with many popular hits old and new. Likely a collector item now due to ongoing cutback.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I like a lot of RR from the late 50's and 60's but they have very few songs there. SO, I do older country stuff but even that is limited. When i do find something I can sing it's usually a little over 2 minutes. Since a lot of the **** the younger people sing is often 5-8 minutes I should get to sing 2 songs. Anyway, even in my 70's I can hold a tune and enjoy singing a few numbers and I know how to get the crowd going.

• Like 1