Day passes

bayonne

2 hours ago, cruisetmc said:

I spent the day at Cocoreef about 9 years ago.  Really enjoyed the beach area.  Quiet.  

Back then lunch was included.  Pool was also in a quiet area.

If we had more time, I would visit Cocoreef again.

Lunch is still included.

I just called them and they are not taking reservations at this time but they are keeping a waiting list.  I was able to put my name on that.  They said that while the hotel is open their food and beverage is not yet up and running.  She said someone would call me and suggested it might be as much as a month before I hear back.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there in 2019 and enjoyed a nice quiet day. The pool is small, quiet & it is a steep walk down to the beach. Very nice. Lunch & 2 drinks were included. celebrity sent 5 of us in a taxi van. There is a small gift shop and lovely gardens.

no music, no crowds.

I read somewhere in the last week that Coco Reef is offering day passes again. It was vague on details. I don't know if it is direct or through Resorts for a Day. I didn't hear anything about what is incuded or current prices. Someone who is interested might want to do some leg work and report back. 😀

Edited by Charles4515

I emailed CocoReef last month and they responded that they were offering "day pass". See below email response:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sun, May 1, 2022 4:55 pm
Subject: Coco Reef Bermuda - Day Pass Confirmation

Good day,

Please be advised we are now confirming day pass bookings for the cost of $50.00 per adult and $25.00 per child (ages 5 – 12). At this time, the day pass would include access to the beach, pool, chairs and umbrellas as our restaurant remains closed. Please note our bar is open, however any beverages must be paid separately. In the event our restaurant has reopened at the time of your reservation, the updated cost would be $89.00 per adult and $45.00 per child and would then include a day pass meal.

If you wish to proceed with booking, please re-confirm your dates and number of adults and/or children for your reservation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I was wondering if there are any other hotels on the south shore that offer day passes?

Pompano Beach Resort does a limited number based on availabilty but usually they don't have any iavailability in the summer season. Their priority is acomodating their hotel guests. You can inquire but no more than four days in advance. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Pompano Beach Resort does a limited number based on availabilty but usually they don't have any iavailability in the summer season. Their priority is acomodating their hotel guests. You can inquire but no more than four days in advance. 

All the years I've been going to Bermuda and I had no idea that they had a day pass.😯

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

All the years I've been going to Bermuda and I had no idea that they had a day pass.😯

I think it is pretty recent. I would be surprised if any cruisers are successful in getting a day pass there but you never know. Pompano is a pretty nice place, always booked up and  has no reason to offer them.  Elbow Beach was mostly closed up before it closed completely, a failed property to plenty of space on the beach for day passes. Coco Reef was also in decline. 

Some people seem desperate for day passes which in my opinion don't make much sense in Bermuda. I have bought day passes on some islands where getting them made sense. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

I think it is pretty recent. I would be surprised if any cruisers are successful in getting a day pass there but you never know. Pompano is a pretty nice place, always booked up and  has no reason to offer them.  Elbow Beach was mostly closed up before it closed completely, a failed property to plenty of space on the beach for day passes. Coco Reef was also in decline. 

Some people seem desperate for day passes which in my opinion don't make much sense in Bermuda. I have bought day passes on some islands where getting them made sense. 

I agree that day passes don't make much sense in Bermuda. We've bought them in Mexico and on some Caribbean islands but have never spent so much as a minute thinking about buying day passes in Bermuda.

Not a day pass, but I booked a room at Cambridge Beaches, a gorgeous resort very close to the dock.  I didn't sleep over, although I could have. I did use it two days. Very expensive but a truly fantastic experience.   

I found the Covo Reef option on Resorts For a Day and was going to book it as I have never had  problem with a property I've booked with them. However, I decided to read some reviews first and it sounds like the place is a dump (except the biews of the ocean are spectacular). It's $110 per person for facility use and lunch. However the reviews say the dining is closed. 

Had anyone recently been to the property? Is it decent? Having to bring your own towels is already almost a deal breaker to a Resort day option for me.

27 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I found the Covo Reef option on Resorts For a Day and was going to book it as I have never had  problem with a property I've booked with them. However, I decided to read some reviews first and it sounds like the place is a dump (except the biews of the ocean are spectacular). It's $110 per person for facility use and lunch. However the reviews say the dining is closed. 

Had anyone recently been to the property? Is it decent? Having to bring your own towels is already almost a deal breaker to a Resort day option for me.

They are renovating. That is why the dining is closed. None could have been there recently. The hotel just reopened. The last day passes were in 2019 before Covid. The day passes for this season just opened. 

Someone commented that they would never go to a "day pass" in Bermuda.  We last did Elbow Beach Surf Hotel a few years ago and since I had been there in the 60's for a 2 week vacation I wanted to revisit it.  While the hotel has long been closed, the beach was beautiful, not crowed and drink service was great along with a wonderful lunch.  I plan to visit CocoReef this June and hope it comes close.  I most like that there are not crowds of people and everyone fighting for chairs, etc.  I am, I guess, old school, but I will give it  a try and let people know how it is.  We tried the beach near the ship and it  is rocky and crowded.

16 minutes ago, dazey said:

We tried the beach near the ship and it  is rocky and crowded.

That would be Snorkel Park. Definitely third rate. 

Have you been to Horseshoe Bay? Horseshoe is beautiful. It is popular but if you go early and go all the way east it is less crowded on that end. 

Edited by Charles4515