Bermuda Authorizarion

princessajoanna

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

OK,so when they say upload your Covid negative test how do you do that? Not very computer literate so I don't understand a lot of this. 

When you get your test results via the testing lab, save it to your computer (or on your phone).  When you get the Bermuda link to upload your results, follow the instructions and search and attach the test result file.  I'm in upstate NY too, so if you were close enough, I'd help you....not that you'll need it.  It's pretty easy.

47 minutes ago, JGmf said:

When you get your test results via the testing lab, save it to your computer (or on your phone).  When you get the Bermuda link to upload your results, follow the instructions and search and attach the test result file.  I'm in upstate NY too, so if you were close enough, I'd help you....not that you'll need it.  It's pretty easy.

I don't even know how to save things so I wish you were closer. Guess I will see if someone at the library can help. Or someone around my area. (near Ithaca). Thank you. 

We do not have phones. When I did our checkin for our February cruise, and did not add our photos, the process did not ask for any other uploads. We had all our docs on paper, and they were easily processed at the port.  I'm hoping this will be the case with our Bermuda form.  

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We do not have phones. When I did our checkin for our February cruise, and did not add our photos, the process did not ask for any other uploads. We had all our docs on paper, and they were easily processed at the port.  I'm hoping this will be the case with our Bermuda form.  

The Bermuda form needs to be done prior to getting to the port.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We do not have phones.

Just clarifying what may be a misunderstanding, perhaps, on your part:

You don't necessarily need a smart phone to do the Bermuda form.  If you are using a computer, which I think you are for the initial Bermuda application and NCL online check-in, then go-ahead and continue to use your computer to upload an image of your vax card and the copy of your test results.

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

How?

Do you have a scanner? Seriously you  need to get a smartphone if only to continue to travel. You are making it difficult for yourself not having one. It will only get more difficult in the future to travel without a smartphone. You probably have family or friends, or a community organization that can help you. If not......I have been reading a lot of threads on what I will call the Travel Authorization fiasco and a lot of people were caught unawares or confused. Both the cruise lines and Bermuda are at fault for that. What has happened so far is that probably 25% of passengers arrive at the terminal without appoval but Bermuda has people at the cruise terminal to get passengers approved. If you arrive like that be prepared though for a long wait at the terminal before boarding. It sounds like a major hassle. 

Good morning fellow cruisers heading to Bermuda..   So I did not listen to NCL and did my travel authorization on Sunday. Received a pending review on Monday and this morning my husband and I received the Bermuda travel authorization  pre-departure document upload.  I peeked and saw my vaccine cards already loaded and on Friday will submit the test results  (have been staying away from folks) hopefully negative on Friday and will upload those,  hopefully on Saturday will receive the approval...  Smooth sailings

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question if anyone knows. I read somewhere to upload the vaccine info and the negative test info at the same time so I did the travel authorization without uploading vaccine info and plan to upload both when I do the test 2 days before--will be a Friday evening for a Sunday cruise(5/15)...I am going to help the other members of my party do theirs  in a couple days and I was wondering if it is better to upload the vaccine info in the first step also?

58 minutes ago, Becky0976 said:

A question if anyone knows. I read somewhere to upload the vaccine info and the negative test info at the same time so I did the travel authorization without uploading vaccine info and plan to upload both when I do the test 2 days before--will be a Friday evening for a Sunday cruise(5/15)...I am going to help the other members of my party do theirs  in a couple days and I was wondering if it is better to upload the vaccine info in the first step also?

Bermuda both permits and encourages you to upload everything but the test results up to 30 days prior to embarkation. Then about four days prior to embarkation you'll get an email from Bermuda reminding you to upload your test results and the mail provides a link to enable you to do so. Since many people in the US have only a hand written CDC vaccination card that can be difficult to read it's especially helpful to the people in Bermuda reviewing the application for them to have it as early as possible.

Unfortunately there's one cruise line, NCL, that has instructed passengers to wait until they have everything , including their test results, before completing their application. This bad advice creates a last minute crush of applications and is totally contrary to what Bermuda wants you to do.

The bottom line is to upload as much as you have as early as you reasonably can and then you'll only have to upload your test results in the two days immediately before your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:22 AM, Tudlum said:

Good morning fellow cruisers heading to Bermuda..   So I did not listen to NCL and did my travel authorization on Sunday. Received a pending review on Monday and this morning my husband and I received the Bermuda travel authorization  pre-departure document upload.  I peeked and saw my vaccine cards already loaded and on Friday will submit the test results  (have been staying away from folks) hopefully negative on Friday and will upload those,  hopefully on Saturday will receive the approval...  Smooth sailings

How were you able to peek and see your vaccine cards uploaded?

Good morning, Yes once you upload and send they will send you a pending authorization you can click on the file and see the vaccinated cards already loaded. They will send a reminder email.  Once you do the Rapid test.  I did mine at 8:30 am on Friday (we cruised Sunday) I called in the afternoon and spoke to them and they approved immediately while we were on the phone.   Be prepared to wait a long time ( I just put on speaker and went about my day) They are super helpful...  If you are leaving out of New York be prepared to wait in a long line ..Hopefully they resolved the issues of last week.  I was in line 4 hours ( only because I was in the CAS line(  check in was 11:30) my friends we met in line did not get on the ship till 6PM... Have a great time......

Edited by Tudlum
added

19 hours ago, Tudlum said:

Good morning, Yes once you upload and send they will send you a pending authorization you can click on the file and see the vaccinated cards already loaded. They will send a reminder email.  Once you do the Rapid test.  I did mine at 8:30 am on Friday (we cruised Sunday) I called in the afternoon and spoke to them and they approved immediately while we were on the phone.   Be prepared to wait a long time ( I just put on speaker and went about my day) They are super helpful...  If you are leaving out of New York be prepared to wait in a long line ..Hopefully they resolved the issues of last week.  I was in line 4 hours ( only because I was in the CAS line(  check in was 11:30) my friends we met in line did not get on the ship till 6PM... Have a great time......

What number did you call?  Thanks

On 4/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, Tudlum said:

We will not be doing our tests until Friday evening due to work schedules. Will that be enough time to process? Is it necessary to call to expedite?

On 4/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, Laurab23 said:

I don't even know how to save things so I wish you were closer. Guess I will see if someone at the library can help. Or someone around my area. (near Ithaca). Thank you. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:49 AM, shipgeeks said:

How?

Laura,  et al., you can take a photo with your camera of the vax card and have it in your pictures folder. Look up how to save from your type of computer on YouTube. It is very easy to save photos or docs to your desktop, so when a site asks you to upload it can be chosen. It is very easy - Google it.

I have a iMac desktop and Fire tablet, and just recently got a cheap smart phone that I use maybe twice a year - Tracfone. It is just me and hubby and I have no need to be available 24/7. Telling someone to get a smartphone now won't help the current situation and they will have to learn how to use it.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, njhorseman said:

Bermuda both permits and encourages you to upload everything but the test results up to 30 days prior to embarkation. Then about four days prior to embarkation you'll get an email from Bermuda reminding you to upload your test results and the mail provides a link to enable you to do so. Since many people in the US have only a hand written CDC vaccination card that can be difficult to read it's especially helpful to the people in Bermuda reviewing the application for them to have it as early as possible.

Unfortunately there's one cruise line, NCL, that has instructed passengers to wait until they have everything , including their test results, before completing their application. This bad advice creates a last minute crush of applications and is totally contrary to what Bermuda wants you to do.

The bottom line is to upload as much as you have as early as you reasonably can and then you'll only have to upload your test results in the two days immediately before your cruise.

Thanks so much for your response. We are on NCL and I think I saw that original direction there. I did email the bermuda travel authorization email back and included my reference number and asked if I could add the vaccine cards now and they responded within a few hours and sent me a link to add my vaccine card so I feel better that the only thing I have to add later is the negative test. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Becky0976 said:

We will not be doing our tests until Friday evening due to work schedules. Will that be enough time to process? Is it necessary to call to expedite?

As long as you apply for BTA, pay the $40 fee AND upload your vaccination credentials NOW - before Friday, and receive a link from them (this means your vaccination credentials have been reviewed and approved), you'll be fine to upload the negative test results on the Saturday.

Last month we flew off the island to go on a cruise. We applied, paid the $40 & uploaded our vax credentials to BTA before we left. When we disembarked the cruise a week later (in Miami, on the Saturday) we went for a test, received the results an hour later, uploaded them to BTA, got the approval, and flew home a few hours later on same day!

• Like 1