Summer cruises from Europe

VitaminSea53

8 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

For those cruising out of a European port this summer, is the COVID testing 1 or 2 days prior to boarding?

Check the Celebrity website. Everything is there. Each port is different so it will be easier for you to check the website 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Thanks for the link. It just lists Southampton. I am interested in Rome. I know they have sailings in early May so it should be listed somewhere. 

All countries that Celebrity is sailing from is listed on that link including Italy.

F7FFB5D7-659E-460C-A536-95FF9441A855.png

17 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Thanks for the link. It just lists Southampton. I am interested in Rome. I know they have sailings in early May so it should be listed somewhere. 

If you’re looking at that link on your phone, it may only show Southhampton. Try using a tablet or PC.

3 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

If you’re looking at that link on your phone, it may only show Southhampton. Try using a tablet or PC.

Thanks - You were right.  I was looking on my iphone.  I am home now and see all the countries on my iPad.  Thanks again

10 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Thanks - You were right.  I was looking on my iphone.  I am home now and see all the countries on my iPad.  Thanks again

Important to know the mobile website is #1 not the same as the full website and #2 contains about 60% of information of the desktop site and is not updated for each change. 

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Use the little arrow on the right of the Southampton picture to move to the next European port. Its not very clear 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

I only have access to an I phone. Not the best system. But Italy for some reason is 1 day pre testing , not 2 right now. I called CS, they didn’t know why. Protocols  now are good thru 7/31. I go in August. 

Yeap, one day prior for Italy  , presume a Italian government demand

Hi klfhngr,

they closed the other thread down but in case you haven’t gotten an answer about vaccinated and Covid tests before flying to Europe. We have flights from US to Portugal (then on to Rome for cruise).  Portugal says you do not need a Covid test if you are fully vaccinated but they want to see the EU certificate or equivalent.  TAP airlines says they will not recognize the CDC card.  I argued that the CDC card is equivalent. The rep said that several passengers have reported that the airport staff does not recognize the CDC card as valid because there is no QR code. He advised to get the test. 

39 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Hi klfhngr,

they closed the other thread down but in case you haven’t gotten an answer about vaccinated and Covid tests before flying to Europe. We have flights from US to Portugal (then on to Rome for cruise).  Portugal says you do not need a Covid test if you are fully vaccinated but they want to see the EU certificate or equivalent.  TAP airlines says they will not recognize the CDC card.  I argued that the CDC card is equivalent. The rep said that several passengers have reported that the airport staff does not recognize the CDC card as valid because there is no QR code. He advised to get the test. 

I’m getting an antigen test the day before I fly to Rome if I continue to go just for peace of mind but several articles state the CDC document is the equivalent as the entire US has no QR document. The airport staff are ignorant. This is one of reasons along with increasing infections I may well cancel. Europe is rather anal about this.

Edited by Virginia100