Vaccine cards

jamadeliz

Carry your actual card. The cruise line may have one requirement. Other countries may have different rules. 

The "silliest" people are those families in line frantically flipping between photos and trying to log on to get test results (with poor phone coverage in terminal buildings), etc. holding up lines. The rest of the folks, like us, hold up our old-fashion paper and walk right by. 

• Like 8

I brought my actual card, but it stayed tucked into my carry-on and then the safe the entire time.  I used my NY State Excelsior Pass to show proof of vaccination at the port and that was good with them when I showed what it was and that it showed proof of vaccination (and booster) for someone matching the boarding pass.  But I had the actual card in case it was needed.

• Like 3

We try to be prepared as much as possible.  So we carry the actual card and official pdf file with QR code on our phones of the proof of vaccination and booster (not a picture of the card).
We even save the files for both of us on both of our phones just in case one is broken/lost/stolen.  Maybe that's overkill but It does happen. 

• Like 3

We carried our actual cards. Once aboard, we locked them in the safe. Prior to getting off in a port we checked with guest services whether a digital copy /picture on our phones would be acceptable. Our experience was that the phone copies were fine. The cruise line wanted the real deal. This was in February 2021.

The card isssued in the UK is not worth the paper it is written on! 

We printed our NHS QR codes off (so as not to hold up lines) and had them on our phones.

We cruised on the Gem on 30/3 sailing the only place we had to show them was to get on the ship, no one on any of the islands was even interested in knowing about it 

12 hours ago, kjunea said:

bring the Card.  Last August, some on our Alaska cruise talked about being turned away from restaurants in Seattle without the card.  They wouldn't take photos on phones.  

Just an FYI King country drops these  requirements  in March. Agree, thought carry the card. Amazon sells passport/vaccine card holders.  Very convenient.  

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seattle-king-county-vaccine-mandate-business/281-7a9b5968-f579-4a15-b486-49161cf4ef52

7 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We carried our actual cards. Once aboard, we locked them in the safe. Prior to getting off in a port we checked with guest services whether a digital copy /picture on our phones would be acceptable. Our experience was that the phone copies were fine. The cruise line wanted the real deal. This was in February 2021.

NCL was sailing in February 2021?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

I have lost my vaccination card, have a photo of it prior to the booster.  Also have the PDF and Google Wallet version with a QR code.  Hope that works for me!  I probably should put my husbands in my phone, too .

I believe you can get a replacement card from wherever you got vaccinated.  I know Walmart does this. I would try and get it if you can just in case your phone won’t work in the terminal.  

16 hours ago, janice2348 said:

I believe you can get a replacement card from wherever you got vaccinated.  I know Walmart does this. I would try and get it if you can just in case your phone won’t work in the terminal.  

I went the other day, they would only provide details for my booster shot that I got through them.  I'll try to call my county health department  where I got the primary series.  

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

I went the other day, they would only provide details for my booster shot that I got through them.  I'll try to call my county health department  where I got the primary series.  

We would have the same problem if we lost our cards. The first 2 shots were at the County Health Clinic. The boosters (just got our seconds yesterday) were at a pharmacy at a supermarket. No more room on the card, and I asked what would happen if another booster is recommended; one basically shrugged and another laughed and said he would guess they would have to issue another card.