Update 04/21/22: Princess Updated FAQ's for US and European Cruises

LACruiser88

This morning Princess updated their FAQ's for US and European based cruises.  They have been updated so many times, I'm having a hard time telling what was actually updated today???

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

They also updated their FAQ's for European cruises.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

This is new for European cruises:

When possible we recommend guests take a medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. We understand that this may not be possible based on your travel plans, so for your convenience we are currently offering complimentary antigen testing at the terminal.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• LACruiser88 changed the title to Update 04/21/22: Princess Updated FAQ's for US and European Cruises

Is this new for European cruises???

UPDATED: What is considered fully vaccinated?

For European cruises departing on or after May 7, 2022, the definition of "fully vaccinated" is at least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) since receiving the last dose in the vaccine series. A booster dose is required for guests 12 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) to be considered "fully vaccinated".

I wish they would show a date after the "UPDATED:" indication.  As many of these protocols marked "updated" were previously updated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Married15 said:

I did not see any changes for European cruises. We plan to get our test at the port through Princess. That way we won't waste a day running around trying to find a place in Rome to get a test. 

Me, too. 

4 hours ago, Married15 said:

I did not see any changes for European cruises. We plan to get our test at the port through Princess. That way we won't waste a day running around trying to find a place in Rome to get a test. 

We’ll be getting our test at the port in Southampton.  No stress.  Unfortunately, our cost is still $60 and the rest of Europe embarkations are complimentary.

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

This morning Princess updated their FAQ's for US and European based cruises.  They have been updated so many times, I'm having a hard time telling what was actually updated today???

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

They also updated their FAQ's for European cruises.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

This is new for European cruises:

When possible we recommend guests take a medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. We understand that this may not be possible based on your travel plans, so for your convenience we are currently offering complimentary antigen testing at the terminal.

Not sure if that is an update.  No different to a few weeks ago. 

the FAQs still say 3 days but Cruise Health protocols says 2 days. I sail tomorrow and got my PCR done 3 days out. That’s what I’m sticking with. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/

COVID-19 Testing Requirements

Sailings from the United States2: We will also require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative, medically-observed COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings. You'll be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival in the terminal to board.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:13 PM, Married15 said:

FYI, the emed tests work very well. I've done them literally all of the world (including on the side of the road on Safari when I could find cell service). They cost $25 a piece and take about 18 minutes from start to finish.  You just order them online ahead of time.