Covid Test - Proctor

I've been looking for options on returning to the US from Europe. Ran across this company.

For OTC kits that have 2 per box, you only need the aluminum pouch unopened.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

WHAT DO I NEED FOR THE VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT?

All you need is a device that can access the internet, an internet connection, an Over The Counter unopened home COVID-19 test, and an active email account. Please be sure to have your test with you and only open the aluminum pouch when you are ready to do the test and are connected to your virtual appointment.

9 hours ago, kpauley said:

I've been looking for options on returning to the US from Europe. Ran across this company.

WHAT DO I NEED FOR THE VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT?

All you need is a device that can access the internet, an internet connection, an Over The Counter unopened home COVID-19 test, and an active email account. Please be sure to have your test with you and only open the aluminum pouch when you are ready to do the test and are connected to your virtual appointment.

Looks good for price and availability just wondering about credibility.  Is it accepted by RCCL

According to their website, you receive a lab certified certificate good for travel and cruises. I don't think Royal cares what company you use as long as it meets the requirements listed in their FAQ.   I liked the fact you could reschedule your appointment and use any device that connects to the internet. The trip I'm looking for is not till August so I'll keep this option in mind. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

We are from the UK but sailing from Port Canaveral so need to test in the US, I have tried eMed but to register you need a US address and telephone number, without these you cant continue.

Its not easy finding an alternative test provider if your not from the US, I am interested if Rapid Test & Trace will be accepted.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, mets07 said:

Hi @Coralc

How is the test actually scheduled if you use this "Rapid Test & Trace....." .... is it after you add it to your cart or ? 

I jsut  used this. I bought the tests,2 for myself and husband.  You buy them in the cart and then they email you for a scheduled time.  You have to put each persons name one at a time.  They email you a link to schedule.  Hours are from  8am to 12pm est.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndySFC said:

We are from the UK but sailing from Port Canaveral so need to test in the US, I have tried eMed but to register you need a US address and telephone number, without these you cant continue.

Its not easy finding an alternative test provider if your not from the US, I am interested if Rapid Test & Trace will be accepted.

If you are staying pre-cruise, others from the UK have used their hotel address for the tests. Just check with your hotel and let them know in advance. Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:10 PM, Ellemill said:

This is great news! Does anyone know if we can use these to fly back into the US on American Airlines? 

Originally, I was going to test via TAC from Glasgow Airport the day before we fly back from Scotland next month, but that service is 55 UK pounds (just shy of about $70) but instead, I verified that yes, these tests also can be used for testing back to the United States for all of us returning. But, the ONLY THING you'll ALSO need is a RELIABLE wi-fi at whatever hotel you're staying at. I'm rolling with the company the OP posted....huge thanks to OP!

Edited by johnjen

On 5/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, kpauley said:

thank you for this option! I am adding it to my list of providers to contact before we fly home from Spain. 

We were going to do Rapid Test & Trace - but BE AWARE: if you are overseas their schedule does not appear to be 24/7 like some providers. I looked at available appointment times, and in Europe, testing was either in the middle of the night, or not until ~8 PM. Nothing during the day in that time zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okiedrifters said:

If you are staying pre-cruise, others from the UK have used their hotel address for the tests. Just check with your hotel and let them know in advance. Good luck! 

If the rapid Test & Trace does not pan out I will certainly look into that as a possible option. Thanks 👍

7 hours ago, johnjen said:

Originally, I was going to test via TAC from Glasgow Airport the day before we fly back from Scotland next month, but that service is 55 UK pounds (just shy of about $70) but instead, I verified that yes, these tests also can be used for testing back to the United States for all of us returning. But, the ONLY THING you'll ALSO need is a RELIABLE wi-fi at whatever hotel you're staying at. I'm rolling with the company the OP posted....huge thanks to OP!

Most Lloyds Pharmacy branches In UK do proctored tests at the chosen pharmacy for GBP 29.00. Takes approximately 20 minutes and you get fit to fly certificate.  No need to worry about reliable WiFi connection etc.

You have to book online and do not have to pay in advance.  Sorry don’t have the  link to the booking page. 

1 hour ago, shorehaven said:

Most Lloyds Pharmacy branches In UK do proctored tests at the chosen pharmacy for GBP 29.00. Takes approximately 20 minutes and you get fit to fly certificate.  No need to worry about reliable WiFi connection etc.

You have to book online and do not have to pay in advance.  Sorry don’t have the  link to the booking page. 

Link: https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/covid-19-lateral-flow-test

21 hours ago, shorehaven said:

Most Lloyds Pharmacy branches In UK do proctored tests at the chosen pharmacy for GBP 29.00.

Well THIS is outstanding info because there IS a Lloyd's pharm located at Rothesay Isle of Bute (where I am going next month to visit dad). I will look into this for our pre-covid Rapid test going back stateside. THANKS!

For those states that have Nomi Health.  It was great.  No charge for tests even for travel.  Because I have a handicap sticker, they came to the car. Got our results by email within the hour.  Found our email in the JUNK MAIL, even our Canadian confirmation of the forms we had to complete.

This was our first test for COVID-19. I was petrified, because when the tests first came they scraped all the way back and people said it was painful.  However, for those who have never had one, they don’t do that anymore.  It’s just like you see on YouTube.  No big deal!

Please be sure to check your JUNK MAIL if you are expecting important documents of any kind.

Leaving tomorrow morning to Seattle, then catching the shuttle to the pier on Friday for our cruise to Alaska.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, iuki said:

For those states that have Nomi Health.  It was great.  No charge for tests even for travel.  Because I have a handicap sticker, they came to the car. Got our results by email within the hour.  Found our email in the JUNK MAIL, even our Canadian confirmation of the forms we had to complete.

This was our first test for COVID-19. I was petrified, because when the tests first came they scraped all the way back and people said it was painful.  However, for those who have never had one, they don’t do that anymore.  It’s just like you see on YouTube.  No big deal!

Please be sure to check your JUNK MAIL if you are expecting important documents of any kind.

Leaving tomorrow morning to Seattle, then catching the shuttle to the pier on Friday for our cruise to Alaska.

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:13 PM, Ellemill said:

And can anyone confirm that you can use your phone? 

You CAN use your phone for azova.com 

That is another proctored company that Royal does accept and they do use several different FDA tests. They also have 24/7 hrs for booking. $20/ea

The testing days and times here in western Ohio has been on and off and not going to put all my eggs in one basket. My backup plan will be to use a proctoring service where I don't have to order the tests from them, but can use my own. I've got a ton at home from the free USPS ones and from my insurance provider is required to give each person on an insurance plan 8 tests per month. I did this the first month and have an abundance of tests. Here are 2 services that do this and are a great backup at $20 each for the proctor and can schedule within minutes if done during the day.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?fbclid=IwAR0bo0mxML7Ysl5JvPAUjC-LH9bqLpWNXTwyBqZQUgrypgqA31PoPAT5iSs

https://azova.com/travelvideo/

Edited by sailor05

Thanks so much to everyone who posted this info.  I also have the home ihealth and Abbott tests.  It will save me money and worry as I won’t have to worry about getting them in the mail in time.

if anyone has used the Rapid test and trace proctor service lately please let us know how it went.

OnPoint uses any FDA approved unopened test. Their cost is $18.99 per person. You just schedule an appointment. You do it over Zoom

Another testing site, based in California, and offering 24 hour appointments is Total Testing Solutions. You can use your free government unopened tests. It is in California and costs $15 per test. They are web based, so any device such as an iPad or iPhone can be used. They offer, like all the others, an emailed certificate accepted for flights returning to the US. 

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/virtual-travel-testing/

There are many options out there. If there are two people, you make two appointments, but can do them at the same time for both of these sites.

• Thanks 2