why must oasis get out of her parking spot for 1.5 hours sunday

from 1030 to 1200 she will move for 'marine' traffic...never heard of this. and they plan on normal sailaway at 4..no way. i know it takes a while to even dock so what could possibly need to happen for basically 30 min. i assume 30 min to pull out and 30 to get back to dock? was hoping to get on super early since no passengers are getting off. boo hiss! i want  100% fcc and a bag of ketchup chips 🙂

We are excited to welcome you for our May 1, 2022 sailing onboard Oasis of the Seas! Before you head to the terminal, we have some important information to share with you.

Beginning at 10:30 AM and prior to boarding, Oasis of the Seas will need to temporarily sail out of her berth to make way for marine traffic. During this time, we will be unable to check-in guests and boarding cannot begin until she returns. We expect Oasis of the Seas to return alongside and be ready to welcome guests by 12:00 PM.As a result, our check-in window at the pier will begin a little later than originally planned. We kindly ask that you please arrive one hour (1 hour) later than your originally selected arrival window. Sticking to your new arrival time is important to have the best boarding day experience. If you’re traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive by 2:30 PM. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 3:00 PM and we’ll set sail as planned at 4:00 PM. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in having an extended period waiting in the terminal with limited seating.

Edited by luckyinpa

I just got the same notice.  My guess is that Oasis will be arriving late to NJ from FL and they would rather blame "marine traffic".  Either that or some other ship is occupying the berth later than expected?  Just guessing but I'm also guessing we can expect a bit of a 3 ring circus boarding Sunday. 

Edited by Travelling2Some

There is a cargo dock right next to the Oasis dock, maybe has to do with that. 

The Oasis is currently off the coast of Myrtle Beach, so getting there by Sunday is not an issue …. it left Miami yesterday