Do the crew members still need toiletries and such?

37 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Do they pay tax on any of their income? 

That, along with how much does their family make, how much do they spend on housing/food/etc per year, etc. etc. all summed up to one phrase….’None of our business’.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

That, along with how much does their family make, how much do they spend on housing/food/etc per year, etc. etc. all sum up to on phrase….’None of our business’.

You're missing the point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

You're missing the point.

No….no I’m not. If it can’t be answered via a search engine/common database, it’s nobody’s business. 

Edited by bucfan2

4 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Appreciate ya attempting to defend your curiosity;  unfortunately, it’s none of our business. 

None of "our" business?  Lol speak for yourself regarding what is your business versus anybody else's.

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

None of "our" business?  Lol speak for yourself regarding what is your business versus anybody else's.

Sorry…was trying to be nice….I’ll rephrase for ya - ‘It’s simply none of your business’. Wow. 

Just now, bucfan2 said:

Sorry…was trying to be nice….I’ll rephrase for ya - ‘It’s simply none of your business’. Wow. 

Thank you for being the arbiter of what's other people's business!

Anyway, you obviously still don't understand the point of my original question, and it's not worth my time to explain.

39 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Unless it is under the table work for cash or illegal activities,  I never heard of tax free employment income anywhere.

As smokeybandit points out, it depends on their home country (among other things).  There are several countries (15 according to https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/tax-free-countries) that do not have income tax.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:47 AM, baileymouse said:

I'm sailing on Adventure later this month and I know for awhile people were bringing things that the crew might need. I intend to tip well on top of the included gratuity, but if they need things, I'd bring some stuff as well.

Just off Adventure this am. Crew smelled clean and fresh all around the ship!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess someone could have just said that the crew members can pretty much get off the ship, they have Amazon figured out, etc. and now cash is King…nothing else needed…but that does not leave room for snarky replies.

I asked our Concierge if she needed or wanted  anything.  She asked for Cheetos and Lays potato chips for her and her husband to enjoy while watching movies.  She was also getting stuff via a guy who was on for 62 days or so of 3/4 day cruises.  She did acknowledge that they were starting to be allowed off ships…and soon would be able to ship again!

8 hours ago, TexasRon said:

I guess someone could have just said that the crew members can pretty much get off the ship, they have Amazon figured out, etc. and now cash is King…nothing else needed…but that does not leave room for snarky replies.

I asked our Concierge if she needed or wanted  anything.  She asked for Cheetos and Lays potato chips for her and her husband to enjoy while watching movies.  She was also getting stuff via a guy who was on for 62 days or so of 3/4 day cruises.  She did acknowledge that they were starting to be allowed off ships…and soon would be able to ship again!

The difference here is that you asked first. Many people like to bring stuff from home "knowing" that the crew member will appreciate it. In fact, the crew member will take the item, smile and say thank you (because they don't want to offend you) then they'll throw the item in the trash because either they don't want it or they don't have a place to put it.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, time4u2go said:

Do they pay tax on any of their income? 

Depends entirely on what their home country is...  India has an income tax.  So do the Philippines.

I suspect pre-paid gratuities get reported on the equivalent of a W-2 (as they would be for food servers in the US when tip gets paid via credit/debit card). 

Cash in an envelope, not so much.

Edited by Lane Hog

17 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The difference here is that you asked first. Many people like to bring stuff from home "knowing" that the crew member will appreciate it. In fact, the crew member will take the item, smile and say thank you (because they don't want to offend you) then they'll throw the item in the trash because either they don't want it or they don't have a place to put it.

Are you sure?  I mean....every crew member wants an oversized Seattle Mariners t-shirt or plastic replica of the Space Needle, don't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

That is why it was a second paragraph.  I did know from our phone call crew members were starting to get trips off the ship a little at a time.

Edited by TexasRon