Port Canaveral Terminal 5

Good Morning:   Appreciate any info you can give on luggage dropoff area and procedure and if you pay in advance to park  like pier 1 or when you leave.  Docked there on Mariner last week and we were bused back to terminal one. Going out of 5  on may 23rd.  Bob 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Good Morning:   Appreciate any info you can give on luggage dropoff area and procedure and if you pay in advance to park  like pier 1 or when you leave.  Docked there on Mariner last week and we were bused back to terminal one. Going out of 5  on may 23rd.  Bob 

Sorry can't help you there.  Been many years since we ended up at #5.  

Boarding Mariner this morning soon, which is currently at #1.   Will end up at #5.   Normally park in the garage at #1, but opted for ParkNCruise, since we would have to shuttle anyway.  

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Are you coming back to 5?

Personally, I'd rather have my car where I'm debarking from

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Cruise Terminal 5 is the Carnival Terminal closest to Disney's Cruise Terminal, and it has its own garage. It has been a few years (5+) since we last sailed on Carnival from that terminal, but IIRC, the drop off and parking were very similar to what you would experience at the old RCL Terminal 10, and we paid prior to parking. You might get more current (and accurate) information if you posted this question on the Carnival Board.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you coming back to 5?

Personally, I'd rather have my car where I'm debarking from

No choice on the Mariner 8 night.  

Opted to park off site.  If I have to take a shuttle back to my vehicle....may as well just go to off site.  Miss parking at the terminal...but not interested in the zoo of shuttling pax back to #1.   Which was really...really packed with cars!  😮 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

If you go to port Canaveral website they have the schedule listed there. Way far in advance too.

It never occurred to me to look. I've never heard of coming back to someplace different that when you parked your car.    One more thing to worry about.  🙂

5 minutes ago, flamingos said:

It never occurred to me to look. I've never heard of coming back to someplace different that when you parked your car.    One more thing to worry about.  🙂

It's probably only a concern for the ships that have irregular schedules. Like for royal if the ship comes in on a Sunday, Monday, or Friday they're out of luck for Royals normal terminal.

6 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

It's probably only a concern for the ships that have irregular schedules. Like for royal if the ship comes in on a Sunday, Monday, or Friday they're out of luck for Royals normal terminal.

I know, but we've been on Mariner 3 times since the restart and always came and left from the same place.  I would hope they'd have some notification at the pier so you know and don't get blindsided when you end up 1/2 mile away with all your luggage.  🙂

14 hours ago, flamingos said:

I know, but we've been on Mariner 3 times since the restart and always came and left from the same place.  I would hope they'd have some notification at the pier so you know and don't get blindsided when you end up 1/2 mile away with all your luggage.  🙂

Were you on Mariner 3/4 or 4/5 itineraries?   This one is 8 night, which brings it in the same time as the regular Harmony turn around day on Sunday at T#1.    

Something had to give, Harmony takes precedence  (and is bigger)...so Mariner doing a one day TAD at terminal #5.   Have had that happen before on 8 night cruises.  It's no big deal.  

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's no big deal. 

Probably not, if you know about it.  I'm asking what kind of notification they give you - do they tell you when you are parking in Terminal 1 that you have the option of dropping your luggage, then parking in Terminal 5 and getting shuttled back?  I'm just imagining sitting on the balcony on that last morning, watching the ship go right past the expected terminal and wondering how the heck we'd get back to our car.  🙂   Basically, it's a question about communication.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scotty G said:

Thanks for the schedule. That is SUPER helpful information. Our Mariner B2B leaves, returns,  leaves again and returns from the 2nd leg all to terminal 5. 

Does anyone know if terminal 5 is as crowded as terminal 1?  Do I need to arrive first thing to get a parking space?  

Thanks M

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Probably not, if you know about it.  I'm asking what kind of notification they give you - do they tell you when you are parking in Terminal 1 that you have the option of dropping your luggage, then parking in Terminal 5 and getting shuttled back?  I'm just imagining sitting on the balcony on that last morning, watching the ship go right past the expected terminal and wondering how the heck we'd get back to our car.  🙂   Basically, it's a question about communication.

No, we were told no parking at T#5 on embarkation day.   And I am sure we will get further instructions later.  But I think it was here on CC that I found out we will be at #5 upon return.     

Our ParkNCruise shuttle driver was very explicit that we would be picked up at #5 on our return and that there would be clear marking and signs to direct us to their shuttles.  

Since we did not park at #1...have no idea what they may have told drivers parking there, but I am sure there must have been some sort of communication.  I do know they will have shuttles to bring you back to #5.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks for the schedule. That is SUPER helpful information. Our Mariner B2B leaves, returns,  leaves again and returns from the 2nd leg all to terminal 5. 

Does anyone know if terminal 5 is as crowded as terminal 1?  Do I need to arrive first thing to get a parking space?  

Thanks M

It appears that based on the published schedule Mariner will be the only ship using Terminal 5 for "Home Porting". All other ships are showing" Port of Call". Thus, parking at Terminal 5 should only be for Mariner during those times.  Unless Murphy says otherwise 🙂

25 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

It appears that based on the published schedule Mariner will be the only ship using Terminal 5 for "Home Porting". All other ships are showing" Port of Call". Thus, parking at Terminal 5 should only be for Mariner during those times.  Unless Murphy says otherwise 🙂

Thanks for the information.   Helps a lot. 

m

• Like 1