Merged - Cunard website Issues

lissie

I thought I'd update my  close contact's address details on my cunard. I know it didn't work a few years ago - I guessed it would be fine now. Yeah, nah. 2 different browsers using updated windows machine. 

Tried to check the current price of our booked cruises.  Nothing - no cruises available to any destination  on en-au version  of the website. 

I have a background of 10 years in developing websites for clients - I'd be embarassed if cunard.com was one of mine! 

@lissie, I certainly won't disagree with you about the Cunard website being a disappointment in many ways. You may have seen previous posts of mine listing bugs / deficiencies / silliness I've found. But I will say I'm not currently having a problem finding cruises on the "en-au" website (using a VPN connection to pretend I'm in Australia). I get 476 results using the "Find a voyage" link on the home page of that site. Hope this helps in some way.

1291582590_CunardAustraliaVoyageSearchResults.thumb.png.9a8c4d31c53d6482bdcba5e5dfb71b21.png

Edited by bluemarble

7 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@lissie, I certainly won't disagree with you about the Cunard website being a disappointment in many ways. You may have seen previous posts of mine listing bugs / deficiencies / silliness I've found. But I will say I'm not currently having a problem finding cruises on the "en-au" website (using a VPN connection to pretend I'm in Australia). I get 476 results using the "Find a voyage" link on the home page of that site. Hope this helps in some way.

Oh interesting -  I can get that too if I use an incognito window. In other words the site has worked out that I was in Fiji until yesterday and for some reason doesn't want to sell to Fijian residents!   As I'm back in NZ on my home IP address you'd think there's something wrong with their caching 

33 minutes ago, lissie said:

Oh interesting -  I can get that too if I use an incognito window. In other words the site has worked out that I was in Fiji until yesterday and for some reason doesn't want to sell to Fijian residents!   As I'm back in NZ on my home IP address you'd think there's something wrong with their caching 

Does clearing your browser cookies also help any? The Cunard website does cache information about your location. I do have to clear at least the "cunard" cookies from my browser to be able to switch among the "en-us", "en-gb", "en-au" and "de-de" sites.

Edited by bluemarble

1 hour ago, lissie said:

I thought I'd update my  close contact's address details on my cunard. I know it didn't work a few years ago - I guessed it would be fine now. Yeah, nah.

Perhaps it's the Australian version of the website that has issues?  We two US travelers were able to update our emergency contacts' info in 'My Cunard'. That yours is worded 'Close Contacts' implies the logic might be slightly different, although you'd think they'd be pretty similar, with small variations in postal code, etc.

4 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

Perhaps it's the Australian version of the website that has issues?  We two US travelers were able to update our emergency contacts' info in 'My Cunard'. That yours is worded 'Close Contacts' implies the logic might be slightly different, although you'd think they'd be pretty similar, with small variations in postal code, etc.

Me bad - it was emergency contact. My contact is actually an USA address - and I did have the option to change the country. Its a horrible mixture I had to use 00 in front of the phone number which certainly wouldn't get you  an international phone call here! I can't remember what the code is we just use + LOL 

What does the health declaration involve - do you have to upload test results? Or is it just a questionnaire -  I can see this not working well - and my TA is insolvent so not much help 

8 minutes ago, lissie said:

What does the health declaration involve - do you have to upload test results? Or is it just a questionnaire

In December it was a simple questionnaire, with a bunch of yes/no binary questions: Do you have any COVID symptoms, have you been near anyone known to have COVID, etc. The only time my test results were consulted were by the clerk at the check-in kiosk.

• Like 1

I keep getting reminders to update my emergency contact info. The first time, I checked the website, and it wasn't there, although I thought I'd done it a while before. Couldn't get it to accept the info online in 2 tries. So I called Cunard and had an agent put it in. I checked later and it was there.

A month later, another reminder. Checked the website and the info was there.

Just got another reminder last week. 

Sigh...

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I keep getting reminders to update my emergency contact info. The first time, I checked the website, and it wasn't there, although I thought I'd done it a while before. Couldn't get it to accept the info online in 2 tries. So I called Cunard and had an agent put it in. I checked later and it was there.

A month later, another reminder. Checked the website and the info was there.

Just got another reminder last week. 

Sigh...

I have had only one e-mail (via our TA) telling us to fill in the missing contact information. It is not missing and has been there for over a year.

Cunard also claims that our U.S. immigration information is missing and they want us to enter our address in the U.S. This is for a Vancouver round trip cruise to Alaska. There is no place to enter that information. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Even simple things have been missing, and not corrected for several web site updates.

For example, the dining table size and stateroom bed arrangements only render the 'radio button' - but do not indicate what choice is selected. 

I think that was broken back in the 'voyage personalizer' days, and never fixed.

On the main website, there are oddities like the map view of some cruises showing an over land component between some ports [or a port by the same name on a different continent].

Other defects/regressions seem to be a deliberate management decision - like no longer a list of featured enrichment speakers by date/cruise [helpful when choosing a particular crossing]

3 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

Even simple things have been missing, and not corrected for several web site updates.

The radio buttons for table size and bed arrangement have been broken for so long I'd forgotten about them. That's really such an obvious issue that you'd think that would have been fixed long ago.

1 hour ago, tony s said:

Keep in mind it is Carnival Corporation

But that's the thing. I can't believe all of Carnival's divisions are as incompetent as Cunard. You'd think they'd share some IT expertise when needed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tony s said:

Keep in mind it is Carnival Corporation!

The  point is that their brands like Princess and P&O do this much better than Cunard! They have the expertise in the group if they cared to use it. 

3 hours ago, lissie said:

The  point is that their brands like Princess and P&O do this much better than Cunard! They have the expertise in the group if they cared to use it. 

Princess used to have a spectacular website. Unfortunately, since they launched their medallion and stripped much of the functionality off of the site, both have gotten terrible. Their medallion app is an embarrassment, and the small part of functionality left on the website is now buggy. 😡

Edited by MarkBearSF

Maybe someone at Cunard was lurking and saw this discussion. I couldn't believe it: I signed into My Cunard today and the dining preference actually said 'Second Sitting' and the entry for 'Bed Configuration' actually showed the choices of King and Twin!

• Like 3

I just looked, and the dining preference has vanished.

I booked as a guarantee stateroom next year, and now the bed configuration is not displayed [no unlabeled radio buttons]

Instead it shows

Your stateroom is not allocated yet. You will be soon able to see and change your bed configuration

We have a guarantee in January and that's what it shows for the bed configuration for us, too. I haven't checked the dining info for that trip. Our July trip correctly shows the bed and dining info, but we're assigned a room on that voyage.

Another data point: We have two QM2 bookings, the December 10 Dutch Christmas Markets (5 nights) followed by the December 15 westbound transatlantic. The "King/Twin" choice is identified on the radio button on each.

I also appreciate that one can actually find a reference to the actual cabin number, albeit buried in the Web site (under "Before You Sail" and "Life on Board"). It was interesting that, when my wife logged in, the cabin number was shown without an accompanying picture. When I logged in, there was a picture captioned something like, "Photo may not represent your actual cabin." The picture was of a passenger jet (not good enough to positively identify the actual model, but I think it was an Airbus A330), so I am pretty certain that it does not represent our PG cabin.

I remember there having been a place to select one's preferred table size for dining (2, 4, or 6 persons, as I recall). I did not see that anywhere. Was it removed due to COVID restrictions, or am I remembering the ancient Voyage Personalizer pages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

I remember there having been a place to select one's preferred table size for dining (2, 4, or 6 persons, as I recall). I did not see that anywhere. Was it removed due to COVID restrictions, or am I remembering the ancient Voyage Personalizer pages?

The table size thingy was on our VP yesterday for our July cruise. 

Perhaps they are giving you a private jet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

I remember there having been a place to select one's preferred table size for dining (2, 4, or 6 persons, as I recall). I did not see that anywhere.

You're right. There used to be a table size option, which, now that the seating is properly displayed no longer appears!  It wasn't labeled, but I recall seeing a lonely '6', which was the table size.

And you're right about the cabin number, too. I thought the only place it appeared was in the initial booking confirmation. But I did stumble across it, buried a screen, or two, down.

On 5/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, frankp01 said:

But that's the thing. I can't believe all of Carnival's divisions are as incompetent as Cunard. You'd think they'd share some IT expertise when needed. 

Preach brother Phil!  We are in the process of checking in for an upcoming TA and I remain disappointed by Cunard IT.  It's clugey, doesn't work, or just redundant.  Soooo many missed opportunities for engagement, good service and add on sales!  Love Cunard, but certainly not for their IT guest interface!  

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:56 PM, lissie said:

I am not sure if that is true, because I have had a lot of problems with P+O websites as well as Cunard ones.  Things to do with working correctly need proper testing, but others are obvious at a glance.  For months, the number of days to my next voyage was shown with something like ten decimal places, which is down in the fractions of  milliseconds.  Not correct either, as it would have to alter on every screen refresh!  Then parts of the screen overlapped each other so you couldn't read either part.  Or there were details of ports where the description was loo long for the display and no way of scrolling ...

I suspect that the websites for all Carnival brands use a common system with just branding changed and a small number of brand specific pages but I could easily be wrong.

Edited by WestonOne

8 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

I am not sure if that is true, because I have had a lot of problems with P+O websites as well as Cunard ones.  Things to do with working correctly need proper testing, but others are obvious at a glance.  For months, the number of days to my next voyage was shown with something like ten decimal places, which is down in the fractions of  milliseconds.  Not correct either, as it would have to alter on every screen refresh!  Then parts of the screen overlapped each other so you couldn't read either part.  Or there were details of ports where the description was loo long for the display and no way of scrolling ...

I suspect that the websites for all Carnival brands use a common system with just branding changed and a small number of brand specific pages but I could easily be wrong.

Well, you are conveniently in Southampton. Can't you pop into Carnival House and have a friendly word? It might make all the difference. 😀😄

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Preach brother Phil!  We are in the process of checking in for an upcoming TA and I remain disappointed by Cunard IT.  It's clugey, doesn't work, or just redundant.  Soooo many missed opportunities for engagement, good service and add on sales!  Love Cunard, but certainly not for their IT guest interface!  

As, I have said before, isn't it fortunate it is that way round? Just imagine if they had brilliant IT and catastrophic ships.

• Like 2