Toronto Airport - Experience Terminal 3 versus Terminal 1

Stay away from AC, Stay away from Montreal and or Toronto, as best you can! They are a mess, a nightmare!

'Rusty travellers' by our MofT he is a joke< disgrace comment! Embarrassing! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Welly9 said:

Stay away from AC, Stay away from Montreal and or Toronto, as best you can! They are a mess, a nightmare!

'Rusty travellers' by our MofT he is a joke< disgrace comment! Embarrassing! 

Hard to 'stay away' from either of those airports - such a lack of direct flights and those are the only two 'gateway' cities for most of the flights I take (from Ottawa) - the best option is to avoid a 'connection' perhaps and go directly to Montreal (train/bus?) and start/end your trip there?

The worst part of going on a vacation is having to fly, not the actual flying part it's the part about having to go through the airport, what a mess. Watching the news & hearing the horror stories makes you want to stop flying. I'm hoping they have a lot of this sorted out before we have to go through Toronto at the end of June. We plan on getting there 6 hours before our flight.  

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

The worst part of going on a vacation is having to fly, not the actual flying part it's the part about having to go through the airport, what a mess. Watching the news & hearing the horror stories makes you want to stop flying. I'm hoping they have a lot of this sorted out before we have to go through Toronto at the end of June. We plan on getting there 6 hours before our flight.  

6 hours!  Wow. 
I agree, it is frustrating not knowing what you'll hit.  And it seems hit and miss. I keep seeing people who showed up super early only to tend up sitting at their gate for hours on end.  But then you have those who spend hours in security.  

2 hours ago, 1kaper said:

6 hours!  Wow. 
I agree, it is frustrating not knowing what you'll hit.  And it seems hit and miss. I keep seeing people who showed up super early only to tend up sitting at their gate for hours on end.  But then you have those who spend hours in security.  

I think I'd prefer to get there early and sit at the gate with a good book instead of arriving later and standing in line for security. Either way, depending on where you are flying to, you spend more time at the airport than you do flying!

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I think I'd prefer to get there early and sit at the gate with a good book instead of arriving later and standing in line for security. Either way, depending on where you are flying to, you spend more time at the airport than you do flying!

Getting there 6 hours early doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have to line up for security. It just makes it much more likely that you won’t miss your flight. 

11 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Getting there 6 hours early doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have to line up for security. It just makes it much more likely that you won’t miss your flight. 

Ain't that the truth! 🙄 

On 6/5/2022 at 12:47 AM, em-sk said:

Both airlines have similar number of flights into Florida. 

Air Canada has a partnership with United that also provides connecting options in the US.

WestJet also has a partnership with Delta that also provides connecting options in the US.

I don't think there is a substantial difference between the two.

thanks for your explanation....using WJ for the first time in Nov. and concerned re less flights than AC...using a credit from a past cancelled flight so locked into using WJ.  Perhaps there won't be the current travel/timing problems in Nov.

Another issue to consider is the connecting flight.  We had a rather bad experience flying from our home city into Toronto, a 45 min. flight but a very tight connection (AC put us on United).  They kept us in the air....reason being...they had a large South American plane they needed to land and we could just wait being a small hopper.  End result, we literally ran through the airport a la OJ, security etc was ok, arrived at the gate and they wouldn't let us board.  Our luggage hadn't made it to the connecting plane (and law says no luggage, no boarding) and the plane doors were closed.  After pleading and a few  mini tears that we'd miss our cruise, the pilot I suppose when radioed allowed us on.  No luggage for 3 ports but we made it on time to board the ship.  BTW, due to personal reasons, we had to fly day of the cruise....never before and never since have we done so. 

Edited by Oceangoer2