Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotels

JanetMarie

5 hours ago, tk2fast said:

Just want to say THANK YOU for your tip on ValueTrips.com!! Saved us some $$$$$ over what we had booked already.👍

You are so welcome...glad I could help. Remember now any communications you need to have even though you booked with VT you contact Hyatt Place directly with your last name and dates. I also believe the shuttle charge from FLL to their hotel is now $5.00 per room reservation.

Best of luck and enjoy.

• Like 1

We had 2 booking for March 2023  thru booking.com for FLL, one at the 4points Sheraton, and the other at Embassy Suites.  After reading comments on CC decided to cancel both and go with the one we know about and have stayed a number of times, which is Hyatt Place.  At the moment the price is quite steep but hoping when the news prices come out for next year on Value Trips that we can get a better price, but for now at least we are booked.  Thanks to everyone, for your opinions. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:05 AM, tetleytea said:

Wait, is that a CVS I see on Google Maps right next to Four Points, Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites?   Couldn't you just book an appointment for a covid test right there?

Yes, it is.  At the corner of Federal Highway and 17th.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, sunlover5 said:

Thanks for the tip on Hyatt Place through ValueTrips.  Received my confirmation today for our 1 night precruise.  Happy with the price!!

How long did it take to get your confirmation?  I booked on line last week and haven't heard anything.

Try doing your booking again and make a note that you had done a booking but have not had a reply. The same thing happened to me and I did another booking .within a few hours I had a reservation confirmation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spammie said:

How long did it take to get your confirmation?  I booked on line last week and haven't heard anything.

I would either call or email the hotel and ask them to confirm if they have a reservation for you. And to send you a copy of the reservation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spammie said:

Call Hyatt Place directly and give your name and arrival date. Once you book with VT all communication in regards to your reservation is done directly with the hotel. 

After my second request regarding the reservation. I received a confirmation email the next day.i had sent the reminder (actually did another booking with a note ) on the 4th June and received the confirmation on the 5th. This is for the Edge cruise November 11th

Hi All .... Thanks for the tip on Value Trips. I had not heard of them before. They have a good rate on the Hyatt that people seem to like.  I have a couple of questions. I see that the charge for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel is $5/room. Can you book that at Value Trips or do you need to contact the hotel after you book? Same question for the $11 per room breakfast buffet.

Also, does the hotel offer shuttle service to the ship or do I need to book that separately?

Thanks,

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

1 hour ago, OldtimerBill said:

Hi All .... Thanks for the tip on Value Trips. I had not heard of them before. They have a good rate on the Hyatt that people seem to like.  I have a couple of questions. I see that the charge for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel is $5/room. Can you book that at Value Trips or do you need to contact the hotel after you book? Same question for the $11 per room breakfast buffet.

Also, does the hotel offer shuttle service to the ship or do I need to book that separately?

Thanks,

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

No...the shuttle has nothing to do with VT. Contact the hotel for the number to call once you arrive at FLL have your luggage and ready to take the shuttle. They'll give you pick up location. Make sure when the shuttle comes it's the one for the Convention Center location and not Dania Beach ask the driver as Hyatt has two.

Once at the hotel you can add the breakfast buffet to your stay. Check it might be $11 pp. When we used to use VT it was included last few times staying there we got a better rate booking as Hyatt members and it was included.

The hotel does offer a shuttle you can book once there ($$)...Personally you'll be much better off just taking a taxi...cheaper and on your own time frame...they'll be lined up out in front of the hotel on cruise morning.

If you need anything walk next door to the Harbor Shopping center a Publix Mkt, restaurant (Duffy's a favorite) and shops.

Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, OldtimerBill said:

Hi Ashland,

Thanks very much for that great information.

Bill

You're so welcome Bill glad I could offer a bit of help....Hope everything works out for the best and enjoy your cruise.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, iancal said:

It is absolutely the worst Embassy Suite Hotel that we have stayed in years of business and leisure travel.  Shocking that Hilton has not forced the owners to renovate or loose the branding.

I am amazed that some people flock to this hotel because of the so called  free breakfast and afternoon bar.   Neither, to us, are worth the effort.

We cannot imagine how they command the rates that they do.  We do not even want it on a Hotwire win.

We had stayed at embassy suites many times and always liked it , but did it last year and everything was terrible, second rate staff , bar and restaurant closed at 8.

we liked Hilton on 17st 

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had stayed at embassy suites many times and always liked it , but did it last year and everything was terrible, second rate staff , bar and restaurant closed at 8.

we liked Hilton on 17st 

In our opinion, on the value for money scale ES FLL rates extremely low.  

Poor value.  Run down past their prime rooms screaming renovate me with comparatively high prices.  A lemon.

Hard to believe people actually stay there because of free breakfast and the complementary nachos and watery beer in the early evening.  Go figure!

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1