which month to cruise

I prefer summer for the Caribbean. Even though it's a busier season and more expensive, the weather is the best (in my opinion). I love the hot weather, and the ocean is really warm. 

I've traveled to the Caribbean in every month over the last 20 years (not always on a cruise) and June, July and August are my favorite. 

I was in Aruba this past November and while the weather was beautiful and perfect and hot, the water was a little chilly for me (and Aruba is supposed to be one of the islands with the most consistent warmth). My travel partner disagreed, so I think it depends on your personal temperature tolerance.

The water has always been too cold for me November through beginning of May. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 hour ago, precious89904600 said:

Planning on a cruise but not sure which month might be better April or October. We went this past April and the water was cold so should we try October 

Try October. The water will be warmer (unless you get diverted to avoid a storm). One October, we were planning to be on a beach in Bermuda and ended up bundled up in Halifax. 

If you're talking about the Caribbean, one consideration is October is still hurricane season. Chances are low you'll be affected, but it could happen. A hurricane could affect your cruise or your ability to travel to the cruise port. 

April and October in the Caribbean aren't too far off temperature wise. The big difference is October is cooling off so the water is warmer. So cooler days usually don't feel as cool as the same temp in April when the water is warming up. But because of the warm water October is squarely in hurricane season so fares can be cheaper due to the risk vs April being in spring break season. 

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

October is great, especially for the Caribbean or Atlantic.  It's hurricane season, so prices are lower and it's still quite warm.  

The bigger factor as to why prices are lower is b/c kids are back in school and ships aren’t full. It’s hurricane season beginning June 1st but June/July prices are generally inflated & ships are full.

I would love to cruise anytime besides June/July (for the savings, don’t actually mind kids on big ships much) but my wife is a teacher.

• Like 1