On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

30 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Wait, so if you test positive on the cruise and have to quarantine a few days in the port city before flying home Royal will reimburse the hotel? Is that even if you don't have insurance through Royal?

Also if you report cold symptoms and get COVID tested on the ship do they charge for that? How much? Does it matter if you test positive or negative?

Yes you don't need insurance through RC for this. We have separate insurance but RC are covering it all at the moment so we haven't needed to call on our insurance (therefore no excesses) yet. They are paying for our hotel, food and the new flights back to the UK.

No medical charge at all for covid - for the tests or any treatment (and they will throw everything at you to treat whatever symptoms you have - nasal spray, throat sweets, aspirin, sinus stuff etc). Our medical bill is zero. 

The policy is pretty generous, it's a shame they undermine it all by being incapable of properly taking care of guests in quarantine while on the ship (from a simple food and fresh air and communication perspective - no medical complaints). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Something that I know will shock some people is what my DIL who is a nurse just told us.  She and our oldest son just got back today from a trip to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach.  They both started with cold symptoms a day or two ago.  His were very, very mild.  Hers are a little bit more  than his but neither of them are really that sick.  They home tested and both are positive.  Anyway, the policy of INOVA, who she works for is health care workers,  is that if they test positive, but have no fever  they go to work.  She works in a Dr's office.   

Have you been near them since they got back home?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.  Glad I cancelled and took cash refund option for our Baltic August sailing.   I was bummed big time but definitely can wait to go there.

Think we are going to take our cash refund and book a cruise for 2024 on NCL Prima...........Price includes the following: We can reserve the cruise for only $250

GET ALL FREE OFFERS

Free Prepaid Gratuities too

• FREE at Sea - Beverage Package 
  • FREE OPEN BAR

Save up to $1,400 on all the spirits and cocktails, wines, draft beer, juice and soda for all guests 21 years or older.

• FREE SPECIALTY DINING

Save up to $180 on meals at our Specialty Dining venues for Guests 1 & 2.

• FREE EXCURSIONS

Save $50 per tour with Shore Excursion Credits.

• FREE WIFI

Save up to $200 on internet you can use throughout the ship.

icon-vertical-air-promo.svg
    FREE AIRFARE FOR 2ND GUEST

Buy our airfare for one guest, and the second guest flies FREE. Offer includes roundtrip flights to and from where this cruise departs. Airfare is refundable under our risk-free cancellation policies.

Cruising solo?
    You'll receive 50% off our airfare.

241-deposits_0.svg
    2-FOR-1 DEPOSITS

Lock-in this vacation today with half off deposits for every two guests on your reservation.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Are you talking about old pictures with a tray with a soup containers and paper cup on  it? If so that picture was taken awhile ago, I think maybe they are saying they are NOW out of paper cups too.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pictures have proved that, paper soup containers are plentiful. 🙂

If any ships are out of paper cups it’s because they are all in my room. 🤣

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Sorry first day back, and I am so sorry to hear this.  

JC

Thanks. Hope you had a nice cruise.

• Haha 1

Here is my dinner that was 2.5 hours late. I asked for a lobster dinner with an extra tail and a piece of cheesecake. I got this. No problem except for it being late and cold.

20220512_205141.thumb.jpg.3112c702165fa40103c9c6fa844d9a59.jpg

The cheesecake picture belongs with the first meal. The second meal where she completely changed her tune included 3 lobster 😳, 2 additional desserts and another container loaded with veggies and potatoes. Maybe she thought I was eating for an army? Didn't ask for 3 lobsters or any more desserts, but whatever. 

20220512_205342.thumb.jpg.323a1a316e87fb13d5974721bf8f120c.jpg20220512_205454.thumb.jpg.6380666634c02e8e67892a293ea761a1.jpg

This is of the 3 key lime pie martinis that I ordered. Had no idea what they were. They barely had any taste and just a hint of lime, I think. I wasn't going to bother with complaining abut them but when everything else went down I told her they definitely weren't key lime martinis. They should have some coconut cream and depending on the recipe maybe some pineapple Juice. She sent up 3 more. That's why there are 6 undrinkable cups. I put the spoon in there for reference. You can see there is no cream of any kind at all. 

20220512_214714.thumb.jpg.32c1d46e3c20afce5237a4824e6439b5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here is my dinner that was 2.5 hours late. I asked for a lobster dinner with an extra tail and a piece of cheesecake. I got this. No problem except for it being late and cold.

20220512_205141.thumb.jpg.3112c702165fa40103c9c6fa844d9a59.jpg

The cheesecake picture belongs with the first meal. The second meal where she completely changed her tune included 3 lobster 😳, 2 additional desserts and another container loaded with veggies and potatoes. Maybe she thought I was eating for an army? Didn't ask for 3 lobsters or any more desserts, but whatever. 

20220512_205342.thumb.jpg.323a1a316e87fb13d5974721bf8f120c.jpg20220512_205454.thumb.jpg.6380666634c02e8e67892a293ea761a1.jpg

This is of the 3 key lime pie martinis that I ordered. Had no idea what they were. They barely had any taste and just a hint of lime, I think. I wasn't going to bother with complaining abut them but when everything else went down I told her they definitely weren't key lime martinis. They should have some coconut cream and depending on the recipe maybe some pineapple Juice. She sent up 3 more. That's why there are 6 undrinkable cups. I put the spoon in there for reference. You can see there is no cream of any kind at all. 

20220512_214714.thumb.jpg.32c1d46e3c20afce5237a4824e6439b5.jpg

Should have warmed up the lobster tails in the fridge.

Hope those cups are filled with urine.........🙃

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, BND said:

Something that I know will shock some people is what my DIL who is a nurse just told us.  She and our oldest son just got back today from a trip to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach.  They both started with cold symptoms a day or two ago.  His were very, very mild.  Hers are a little bit more  than his but neither of them are really that sick.  They home tested and both are positive.  Anyway, the policy of INOVA, who she works for is health care workers,  is that if they test positive, but have no fever  they go to work.  She works in a Dr's office.   

It makes perfect sense to me.  This is exactly what we used to do back in the good old days (say, January 2020) when someone had a respiratory illness.  Yes, if you are spewing phlegm or running a fever, stay home.  Otherwise, take some OTC meds to treat your symptoms and trudge through it.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Should have warmed up the lobster tails in the fridge.

Hope those cups are filled with urine.........🙃

Urine? Say what? I hope not because I took a sip of one. 🤮🤮🤮  Maybe I'm missing the joke?

• Thanks 2

CC is eating my posts again. 😠

For lunch today I ordered a small cobb salad with a roll and no butter. This is what I got. The salad looks smaller in the photo but it was huge. There was also more chicken breast under the lettuce. I guess armies eat cobb salad also. It's the right temperature and a salad so no problem. Also, plenty more utensils.

20220513_112320.thumb.jpg.e32d3ef73af8e875b8c7363bae5680a4.jpg

A box of chocolates? Now I know something is definitely up. They looked so tasty and were calling my name, but I decided to wait until tomorrow to share with Mike. I still had desserts in the frig from last night.

20220513_112028.thumb.jpg.5424a44a896c90bc3470e8e339cc0571.jpg

Fancy looking.

20220513_112103.thumb.jpg.c3c2c22da9a44567f23d4b904e5223fe.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Here's my collection since lobstergate. This doesn't include utensils from dinner tonight.20220513_113926.thumb.jpg.25fecc8454cbc04446e246678e910670.jpg

Setting my table in anticipation of my feast that's yet to come. I have my different silverware (different lengths also), bread plate with butter knife and bread. Oops, but no butter. Why are the water glasses always larger than the red and white wine glasses. They obviously have that backwards and dessert silverware.

20220513_191101.thumb.jpg.dd96f4458b776118c2a1d1c1586b2f7e.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 18

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Setting my table in anticipation of my feast that's yet to come. I have my different silverware (different lengths also), bread plate with butter knife and bread. Oops, but no butter. Why are the water glasses always larger than the red and white wine glasses. They obviously have that backwards and dessert silverware.

20220513_191101.thumb.jpg.dd96f4458b776118c2a1d1c1586b2f7e.jpg

I LOVE this! I feel like you've beaten the system 😂

I hope you have an amazing dinner. 

• Like 2

Drum roll please. 🥁  Here is my feast fit and enough for an army. 🦞  🥩  🥦 🥗  🍰  🥧 🍸

Again a monster salad and a ton of food. I asked for tea for later that's why the carafe is there. Not sure why she thinks I need 9 paper cups. Maybe she thinks I'm sashing people in here?

20220513_194744.thumb.jpg.75207b8a5e56673a7025771293d2ab6c.jpg

A cup of melted butter, cup of steak sauce and 3 chocolate martinis. Obviously my fancy table setting had to go.

20220513_194431.thumb.jpg.941d6b9520ed2211af454695ab4c6300.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think I found out why she is bending over backwards for me. When the young lady delivered the food she asked if there was anything else I wanted, anything at all. She jokingly said she wouldn't want me to go around the ship to get it myself. Glad they took me seriously because I absolutely would've walked out. I still think maybe Daniella told someone higher up and they came down on room service. Hopefully they will think twice before they treat others this way. I didn't expect any of the additional treatment but I wasn't going to say no either since it was offered.

• Like 14

Sad to say I think my orchid got covid also. At least now it will be a family affair. Also sad to say Mike tested positive today.😭  They wouldn’t let him move down here with me since it's the last day. We both talked to medical. I was told if it was the last couple of days they will keep the people in their regular cabin. The orchid enjoyed her last 3 weeks on Allure but the jury is still out on this one. I don't regret turning myself in even with how things turned out. I think if I had to stay any longer I'm sure she wouldn't keep trying to cater to me which is fine, but I also think there wouldn’t be a repeat like yesterday.

20220513_163524.thumb.jpg.37d853d51ff949c077245bc21e6faefe.jpg

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sad to say I think my orchid got covid also. At least now it will be a family affair. Also sad to say Mike tested positive today.😭  They wouldn’t let him move down here with me since it's the last day. We both talked to medical. I was told if it was the last couple of days they will keep the people in their regular cabin. The orchid enjoyed her last 3 weeks on Allure but the jury is still out on this one. I don't regret turning myself in even with how things turned out. I think if I had to stay any longer I'm sure she wouldn't keep trying to cater to me which is fine, but I also think there wouldn’t be a repeat like yesterday.

20220513_163524.thumb.jpg.37d853d51ff949c077245bc21e6faefe.jpg

Sorry to hear about Mike getting it too........Has the Captain reported lately how many onboard now have Covid?

Edited by Jimbo

42 minutes ago, Ryalie1 said:

I LOVE this! I feel like you've beaten the system 😂

I hope you have an amazing dinner. 

I did and a bit to much. 🤪  Happy you are on your way home. How are you and hubby feeling? Thanks for answering the post about medical and covid info. I was just going to take screen shots of my papers. To much typing for me. 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LadyBeBop said:

Friends of my husband’s were on a river cruise through Europe. After they disembarked in Spain, they had to test for the flight back to the states. She tested negative. He tested positive. 

They had to quarantine for two week in a hotel in Madrid. 

After two week, they retested . Now , she tested positive. Another two week in quarantine. 

They’re finally home after a month and over $12,000 in hotel, rebooked plane and quarantine fees. They had insurance. But insurance is fighting this. 

What insurance do they have?

I contacted GS today about getting home. When Mike told them he was going to get our vehicle and come back for me they thought it was in parking lot close by. I told them I didn't want to wait for Mike to go home and come back to get me. I also didn't feel comfortable taking Uber home being sick and not telling them. If I told them I was sick they probably wouldn't want to take us. He said they would take us home. Hope the driver is aware of our condition. We are supposed to be ready by 7:00 and they would get us between 7:00 - 7:30. We will see how that goes. Ready to see Mike and our fur babies. I know exactly where I'll be 5 minutes after I get home. In a recliner with one or more kitties on me. Depends on who goes to Mike and who comes to me. 🐈‍⬛ 🐈 🐈‍⬛

• Like 15

8 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

As long as they require a negative test to travel this will happen. If testing is required in 2023 nothing will change. Covid is not going anywhere. . 

Come to Australia - no testing to enter required!

Edited by B'Elanna
More test added
  • Like 1

Didn't read the ENTIRE thread, but so sorry you had to go through it, BUT it DOES seem you made the most of it and maybe even had a little fun sharing with us.

We were on Grandeur this week and I LOVED getting to see Allure alongside at Cozumel.

Hope you both recover and have no long term side effects.

• Like 1