Anyone else having problems with the app?

Thus frustrating. I’ve called RCCL six times over the last 10 days. No one there is of any help. I booked the 6/23 sailing of the Wonder out of Rome. The booking shows up on the app but when I click on it it gives me the message “working on the fun try again later”. I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times. No luck. Tried it on my iPad as well as iPhone. Still nothing. My travel companion has the same issue. I have other future cruises which I can access in the app easily. I can also access the Wonder cruise on the RCCL on their website, just on on the app. Any techies out there with any suggestions?

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

Any techies out there with any suggestions?

RCI still has not figured out how to manage an interporting trip in the app - your sailing's "real" home port is Barcelona - you'll probably need to use that for most app related things.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI still has not figured out how to manage an interporting trip in the app - your sailing's "real" home port is Barcelona - you'll probably need to use that for most app related things.

Thank you, but I’m not sure what you mean. Is there anything I can do on the app to access it using the date it sails from Barcelona? Or will I need to just wait until I’m on the ship? 

20 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Is there anything I can do on the app to access it using the date it sails from Barcelona? Or will I need to just wait until I’m on the ship? 

I don't recall any reports of how the app can be used from the alternate home port.  Try setting the app on the sailing from Barcelona before yours and see what happens. You'll want to visit the Voom person on board to get some details on its use.

When you get on the ships Wi-Fi which is free for the app then it will come alive.

Once you get over 45/days you can check in add your covid vaccinations etc, then the day before you do the health test one day before you cruise.

That has been our experience anyway.

I have the same "interporting" problem with a cruise on Wonder out of Rome on May 26.  I've been in contact with the RCL tech team and have been told that the app will not work for even while I'm aboard the ship and it is the same for any interporting passengers on other cruises.

I'll still be able to see the daily information by selecting the "regular" cruise for any of the dates I'm on board, I just won't be officially logged in as a passenger and be able to do reservations or anything with the app.

It is a technical issue with the app that they don't expect to get fixed anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I have the same "interporting" problem with a cruise on Wonder out of Rome on May 26.  I've been in contact with the RCL tech team and have been told that the app will not work for even while I'm aboard the ship and it is the same for any interporting passengers on other cruises.

I'll still be able to see the daily information by selecting the "regular" cruise for any of the dates I'm on board, I just won't be officially logged in as a passenger and be able to do reservations or anything with the app.

It is a technical issue with the app that they don't expect to get fixed anytime soon.

Thanks for your response. The RCCL team you spoke to gave you much more info than the 6 I have spoken to over the mast 10 days. Maybe it will be resolved in the next 6 weeks, but probably that’s unlikely. At least I now understand why 

41 minutes ago, SullytheBFG said:

When you get on the ships Wi-Fi which is free for the app then it will come alive.

Once you get over 45/days you can check in add your covid vaccinations etc, then the day before you do the health test one day before you cruise.

That has been our experience anyway.

Thank you. I’m 40 days out so I was able to do some of the check in online at the RCCL website but there was no option to upload my vax card, or even manually input the info. Maybe that will change soon

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don't recall any reports of how the app can be used from the alternate home port.  Try setting the app on the sailing from Barcelona before yours and see what happens. You'll want to visit the Voom person on board to get some details on its use.

I’ll try that, thanks again

Mine isn't working for our 6/9 cruise out of Rome either. It's so frustrating. Since we can't access our app, can we upload our vax card online (I didn't see a place), or should we just plan on showing them in port?

The Wonder of the Seas departing from Rome will not be shown within their app due to the itinerary interporting with Barcelona.  Their IT department can't figure out how to program it correctly.  This was the response I received when I reached out to them.

image.thumb.png.e3a6ae320a1c92b9545c9505ec04107c.png

19 hours ago, trotzoll said:

Mine isn't working for our 6/9 cruise out of Rome either. It's so frustrating. Since we can't access our app, can we upload our vax card online (I didn't see a place), or should we just plan on showing them in port?

I sail on the Wonder out of Rome 5/19.  The Rome sailings aren't available on the app.  Anything available to book is only on the Cruise Planner via their website.  Vax records and health questionnaire will be done physically at the port upon embarkation (no upload via the app is available).

The app is complete nonsense. No countdown 'til cruise, just a cheesy calendar of events. Pretty much a nothing burger. Now, in your case about that "working on the fun" thing - they simply haven't gotten around to completing on board events and things to do yet, so it's not the app being the problem.

Edited by johnjen
  • Like 1

The app wasn't working on my iPhone either.  It was stuck on a screen that was prompting for my name and reservation number.  When I entered that information it displayed an error.  I've been using the app for years and have never seen this screen before, and there were no menu options to navigate away from the screen. 

I tried restarting the app and also rebooted the phone, but the problem remained.  Finally I deleted the app from my phone and re-installed it.  Now it's working fine.

17 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

I sail out of Port Canaveral on Wonder in December and I'm getting the same message.  Will the app not work for cruises out of Orlando either?

No, that's likely because it's too early, not interporting related.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, that's likely because it's too early, not interporting related.

It's the only cruise that's doing it.  I can see my Voyager Dec 2023 cruise no problem and my Harmony Feb 2023 as well.

Just now, ulcards99 said:

It's the only cruise that's doing it.  I can see my Voyager Dec 2023 cruise no problem and my Harmony Feb 2023 as well.

Yes, but it's also Wonder (new ship) so they've had issues with the app - again, not related to the issue the OP and others have due to the interporting nature of Wonder in the Med.

• Like 1

We got that for our cruises next year for a week or so and then it resolved itself.  I basically use the app onboard (and to add the vax card) and the website for everything else.

Hello,

A problem I have with the app, aside from that it exists at all, is that I cannot see the days' dress codes anywhere on Anthem this month.

Anyone any suggestions?

Regards,

Cublet 

57 minutes ago, txd said:

How to select the boarding time, If the sailing in not available on the app,?

As I said, I do everything  online (website) except load the vax card.  You can do your check in including boarding time online.

Edited by BND

We're having the same issue for our Grandeur sailing out of Galveston September 30, but our cruises for November and next April (also out of Galveston) are fine on the app. Ahh, Royal. I still love you.

Edited by BLiles1961
Missed a word