Cruise planner sales

We are booked on Wonder of the seas next summer, we want to pre-purchase our drink and internet packages but when I checked the prices they are very high. It seems when RC has cruise planner sales, it never fails that  I always miss out on them, I notice some cruisers on here post when there are cruise planner  sales, is there a group on here that I can join to keep track of sales or does anyone know approximately when RC will start cruise planner sales?

22 minutes ago, Tntt said:

We are booked on Wonder of the seas next summer, we want to pre-purchase our drink and internet packages but when I checked the prices they are very high. It seems when RC has cruise planner sales, it never fails that  I always miss out on them, I notice some cruisers on here post when there are cruise planner  sales, is there a group on here that I can join to keep track of sales or does anyone know approximately when RC will start cruise planner sales?

FYI - We are booked on Wonder in December.  I saw the drink package at $66 but didn't buy it....  saw it again recently at $73 and pulled the trigger.  Very annoying but again you can always cancel and rebook.  It can just take up to 30 days for you to receive the refund...  Whenever you see the price you would be willing to pay, I would recommend purchasing it and then continue to watch.  I wish I had taken my own advice at the time it was $66.... 

Edited by ulcards99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

FYI - We are booked on Wonder in December.  I saw the drink package at $66 but didn't buy it....  saw it again recently at $73 and pulled the trigger.  Very annoying but again you can always cancel and rebook.  It can just take up to 30 days for you to receive the refund...  Whenever you see the price you would be willing to pay, I would recommend purchasing it and then continue to watch.  I wish I had taken my own advice at the time it was $66.... 

Possibly it will be cheaper during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.  Was the 73 you paid before or after gratuity?

Edited by SNJCruisers

Can check this out from time to time to see when the next sale will be.  Its still showing the last sale.  But, usually about every two weeks there is a "sale".  Next one around memorial day most likely.  As noted, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are usually the best sales.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers.pdf

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Possibly it will be cheaper during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.  Was the 73 you paid before or after gratuity?

Before! My hope is it will be cheaper but at that point, we are only 2 weeks or so away from the cruise so I'm not really holding my breath.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, happy cruzer said:

My cruise for Nov. never showed any Memorial Day sale and Black Friday is during the cruise or really close.  Hope they do some other one.

It rare for RCI to have a meaningful fleet wide sale for anything - real sales depend on the selling specifics of your sailing. There are a few other holidays between now and Nov, but again, don't count on those - keep checking the planner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

My cruise for Nov. never showed any Memorial Day sale and Black Friday is during the cruise or really close.  Hope they do some other one.

Our internet went down during Memorial Day, and now it is back up to an outrageous price.  I suspect next sale/discounted prices would be around 4th of July, then Labor Day weekend.

• Like 1

There is pretty much a "sale" to coincide with every major US holiday. 

While Black Friday/Cyber Monday tend to offer the best prices, this is not always the case.

For my recent cruise on Odyssey, I got the best prices for all my cruise planner purchases during a sale in October, which I believe coincides with Columbus Day in the States. I kept checking afterwards but the prices never went as low again, even on BF/CM.

And, on a couple of occasions in the past, I have snagged cheaper prices when there is no sale at all. It pays to check the CP daily. I make it my coffee break routine. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Don't you just hate it when you have to pay actual sticker prices? \sarcasm

At least it's not like buying a car these days.  I remember when if you paid MSRP for a car, you got screwed.  Now, MSRP is an amazing deal because most all are now sold for thousands over that.