What's the covid situation on the Silhouette this week?

Harrylinden

7 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

Anyone???? Wanting to know before we board!

It's only the third day, covid often incubates for 4 days or so, therefore you won't get a true picture until later in the cruise. 

We were on the previous sailing, ending last Saturday. I heard that this week's cruise was only half full. Our cruise seemed almost full. The captain announced a few days in that the covid count was at 1% on our cruise.  I didn't hear any further announcement, though I may of just missed it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's only the third day, covid often incubates for 4 days or so, therefore you won't get a true picture until later in the cruise. 

We were on the previous sailing, ending last Saturday. I heard that this week's cruise was only half full. Our cruise seemed almost full. The captain announced a few days in that the covid count was at 1% on our cruise.  I didn't hear any further announcement, though I may of just missed it.

Time permitting, if you find out more information, I would appreciate it, if you could provide us an update near the end of your cruise. Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

Time permitting, if you find out more information, I would appreciate it, if you could provide us an update near the end of your cruise. Thanks in advance! 

Sorry we came home last Saturday . I'm not on board now. Hopefully someone who is may respond 

• Thanks 1

My sister is on the cruise. She reported 1050 passengers with an almost 1:1 passenger to crew ratio. Passenger capacity 2900-ish.

No Covid reports to date.

I'm not expecting any further updates but if I get any I will report back. 

Cheers, h.

• Like 1

On the ship now in Skagway. No evidence of Covid that we have seen. Great cruise and ship is in good shape, was worried because it was old and previous review I read last week. Definitely not at capacity and the captain hasn’t mentioned any numbers.

Someone apparently went overboard overnight so the ship turned around and was searching for them for a couple of hours. Haven’t heard any update other than coast guard continued search and ship was able to continue.

Embarkation was a nightmare in Seattle, I guess their computers went down so it was slow going and long lines. Make sure you install the ArriveCAN app and fill it out prior to getting to the Seattle port, many people didn’t and it held things up because you had to have proof it was filled out prior to boarding in Seattle.

My advice get ready for a great cruise and don’t worry. Dress warm, even when it’s sunny there are cold winds in port.

This is my third Alaskan cruise and second on solstice, food is great, entertainment is good and the scenery is priceless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baloo75 said:

On the ship now in Skagway. No evidence of Covid that we have seen. Great cruise and ship is in good shape, was worried because it was old and previous review I read last week. Definitely not at capacity and the captain hasn’t mentioned any numbers.

Someone apparently went overboard overnight so the ship turned around and was searching for them for a couple of hours. Haven’t heard any update other than coast guard continued search and ship was able to continue.

Embarkation was a nightmare in Seattle, I guess their computers went down so it was slow going and long lines. Make sure you install the ArriveCAN app and fill it out prior to getting to the Seattle port, many people didn’t and it held things up because you had to have proof it was filled out prior to boarding in Seattle.

My advice get ready for a great cruise and don’t worry. Dress warm, even when it’s sunny there are cold winds in port.

This is my third Alaskan cruise and second on solstice, food is great, entertainment is good and the scenery is priceless.

So you're on Solstice, not Silhouette?

• Like 1

Just now, baloo75 said:

Apologies yes solstice not sillouette I misread the title of this thread

No problem lol, I'm on solstice next month so more interested in that than the Silhouette, but just wanted to clarify for others.

It’s too bad Europe doesn’t have something similar to the CDC cruise ship dashboard.  

We are on the Silhouette in October and unless Covid cases world wide are on the rise we plan to go.  Regardless of Celebrity rules we will wear our masks indoors and avoid crowds where possible.   

On 5/18/2022 at 6:32 AM, RickT said:

It’s too bad Europe doesn’t have something similar to the CDC cruise ship dashboard.  

We are on the Silhouette in October and unless Covid cases world wide are on the rise we plan to go.  Regardless of Celebrity rules we will wear our masks indoors and avoid crowds where possible.   

I hate to disagree, but in my opinion the CDC dashboard is useless. For example, Orange is If I remember, 0.4% or “greater” Equinox is Orange, and I got off her last week after a 9 day ABC. It’s reported by several sources, that over 200 out of 2200 Covid cases on board. I also tested positive last Friday. That is nearly 10%. A significant higher threshold than 0.4%. Until Celebrity and CDC start reporting actual numbers, my cruising days are over for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 3

On 5/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, RickT said:

Perhaps Europeans aren't that concerned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, destiny217 said:
Celebrity Silhouette not showing on cdc Cruise Ship Status Dashboard.  Anyone know why?

It is in Europe, so not reported to CDC. As far as I know, no similar reporting in Europe.

• Like 1