Health Form to enter Spain

Scout16

16 hours ago, drmomsc said:

We just flew into Barcelona on Friday. We had to show our QR codes to enter. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

20 hours ago, drmomsc said:

We just flew into Barcelona on Friday. We had to show our QR codes to enter. 

Agree…we flew into to Barcelona (BCN) yesterday morning (Saturday May 21) from Montreal.  We had to show our vaccine certificates and the SPTH Spanish Health Certificate with QR code both prior to boarding our flight and again at BCN.  Passports were checked at immigration in BCN.   Near the luggage carrousels prior to collecting luggage, staff directed everyone to lines where they asked for the SPTH QR code which they scanned.  They weren’t really interested in the vaccine certificates but they did a cursory review.  You could not collect your luggage without going through this process.  It could all change tomorrow but that was the procedure yesterday morning. 

Edited by Cancun01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, Cancun01 said:

Agree…we flew into to Barcelona (BCN) yesterday morning (Saturday May 21) from Montreal.  We had to show our vaccine certificates and the SPTH Spanish Health Certificate with QR code both prior to boarding our flight and again at BCN.  Passports were checked at immigration in BCN.   Near the luggage carrousels prior to collecting luggage, staff directed everyone to lines where they asked for the SPTH QR code which they scanned.  They weren’t really interested in the vaccine certificates but they did a cursory review.  You could not collect your luggage without going through this process.  It could all change tomorrow but that was the procedure yesterday morning. 

Hi, thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

I'm glad I decided to fill out the form, then! (I figured better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.) The good news is that they allow you to fill out one form for your family or group - everyone still gets an individual QR code, but the form only has to be filled out once.

Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rules change another time or two before we leave on Thursday!

• Like 1

For those of us who are way behind the ball in planning for our June arrivals in Barcelona, would someone mind sharing the link to the Spanish website that may or may not be updated with the latest information? I'd like to make myself a calendar reminder to check back 10 and 5 days before departure. 🙂

8 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

For those of us who are way behind the ball in planning for our June arrivals in Barcelona, would someone mind sharing the link to the Spanish website that may or may not be updated with the latest information? I'd like to make myself a calendar reminder to check back 10 and 5 days before departure. 🙂

https://www.spth.gob.es/

I can confirm as of today, this form is still required for arrival into Spain from the US (no test, but must prove you are vaccinated, and state you don’t have COVID). Not to bad, since you can fill it out for your entire family, and then add to your Apple wallet for easy retrieval.

We simply had to scan the QR code from the form prior to going to baggage claim. 

Edited by mdpa
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mdpa said:

I can confirm as of today, this form is still required for arrival into Spain from the US (no test, but must prove you are vaccinated, and state you don’t have COVID). Not to bad, since you can fill it out for your entire family, and then add to your Apple wallet for easy retrieval.

We simply had to scan the QR code from the form prior to going to baggage claim. 

Did you have to pay $65.00 for the form or am I looking at the wrong forms?

7 minutes ago, munson1 said:

Did you have to pay $65.00 for the form or am I looking at the wrong forms?

Hi, good morning, you don't pay for anything........you must be looking at something else.

Go to this website and you can register and get all the information you need.

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, good morning, you don't pay for anything........you must be looking at something else.

Go to this website and you can register and get all the information you need.

Thank you!!!!!! I had the wrong form, I just started the FCS form from the link you posted. I originally filled out the Non EU form (that was $65.00).

Hoping someone can clarify or direct to the correct information (I've looked on the website too). 

We will be travelling to Barcelona and arriving on Aug 2 before our cruise which departs on Aug 6. 

1. My husband has 2 doses of the vaccine (his last dose administered well over 270 days ago - probably in June 2021). Besides completing the form on the spth.gob.es site, will he be allowed to enter Spain or will he have to prove he's negative with a Naat or RAT test?  

2. Since we will be starting our cruise on Aug. 6, will he have to do another RAT test before he gets on the ship. 

Anyone with experience or insight able to provide some clarity? 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, fiveparty said:

Hoping someone can clarify or direct to the correct information (I've looked on the website too). 

We will be travelling to Barcelona and arriving on Aug 2 before our cruise which departs on Aug 6. 

1. My husband has 2 doses of the vaccine (his last dose administered well over 270 days ago - probably in June 2021). Besides completing the form on the spth.gob.es site, will he be allowed to enter Spain or will he have to prove he's negative with a Naat or RAT test?  

2. Since we will be starting our cruise on Aug. 6, will he have to do another RAT test before he gets on the ship. 

Anyone with experience or insight able to provide some clarity? 

Thanks 

Good morning, I would suggest getting a booster at least. And I am getting a rapid test they day before I fly out.  My first 2 shots were long before 270 days now but I have had 2 boosters......first one was in November and the 2nd one was earlier this month.  But I think the whole point of the form is for folks who have past 270 days. 

Maybe others can chime in as well.

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I would suggest getting a booster at least. And I am getting a rapid test they day before I fly out.  My first 2 shots were long before 270 days now but I have had 2 boosters......first one was in November and the 2nd one was earlier this month.  But I think the whole point of the form is for folks who have past 270 days. 

Maybe others can chime in as well.

Thanks. I have my booster so I don't think it will be an issue for me. However, my husband does not want to get a booster at all (not meaning for this to be a discussion). He refuses to get his booster for his own reasons and since more than 270 days will have passed since his  second dose, we just need to know if all he has to do is  complete the required form we all need to complete in addition to producing a negative RAT 

Edited by fiveparty

2 hours ago, fiveparty said:

Thanks. I have my booster so I don't think it will be an issue for me. However, my husband does not want to get a booster at all (not meaning for this to be a discussion). He refuses to get his booster for his own reasons and since more than 270 days will have passed since his  second dose, we just need to know if all he has to do is  complete the required form we all need to complete in addition to producing a negative RAT 

I don't want to give you wrong info and I think that the form is all he needs BUT......just in case, why not just get a rapid test? Then you know he will be AOK.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I don't want to give you wrong info and I think that the form is all he needs BUT......just in case, why not just get a rapid test? Then you know he will be AOK.

Yes thank you, that's what he will do. In fact, I've already booked a RAT test on the day we leave  from Toronto so that it's still within the 24 hours. Does this mean that we all need to do a RAT before we get on the ship too?   

53 minutes ago, fiveparty said:

Yes thank you, that's what he will do. In fact, I've already booked a RAT test on the day we leave  from Toronto so that it's still within the 24 hours. Does this mean that we all need to do a RAT before we get on the ship too?   

Oh, I would check with your cruise line about that part. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fiveparty said:

Does this mean that we all need to do a RAT before we get on the ship too?   

Check  your cruise line policy carefully as some will not allow you to board for a cruise in Europe without the booster (if last vaccination more than 270 days prior)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Check  your cruise line policy carefully as some will not allow you to board for a cruise in Europe without the booster (if last vaccination more than 270 days prior)

We are sailing on Celebrity so I will look carefully (unless one knows already what their rules are). Thank you. 

Here are the Celebrity requirements for Europe as of yesterday. However, they could easily change. We sailed on Oceania from Barcelona in May. The cruise line pre-test rules became stricter a few days before we flew to Spain and we had to change our testing plans. Good luck!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

• Like 1

I am flying out on Saturday and just printed out my Health Form, which has the QR code on it. I tried finishing it on my phone too but it says "Your form was already started"......yes, I started it on my laptop. 

Weird, I can't bring it up on my phone.....oh well, I will carry the hard copy with me with all my other important stuff........Passport, VAX card, etc.