Health Form to enter Spain

Scout16

I am to board the Voyager on June 6 in Barcelona.  I am coming from the US so I need to fill out the heath form on the SpTH portal.  I filled out the first part of the for on May 1 and received notification that the first part was accepted but I could only answer the health questions two days prior to my arrival in Spain.  Regent Air changed my flight to Spain so I went into the site to change the flight information.  In order to return to the form I was requested to enter my passport number, the Form Code (hich they sent me), and a Security Code which I have no idea where that comes from.  I may be that the system will not allow me in until June 3, but I am concerned about filling out the form if there is an extra code which I do not have.

Does anyone who has gone through Spain to board a ship have any suggestions or word on their experience with this form  

We just returned from Europe and the Heath forms were no longer required in Spain, Italy or Croatia.  Unfortunately, Regent didn't do us the courtesy of advising us on any of the changes.  They seem to take great pleasure in having their passengers jump through hoops.  Not impressed with many of their missteps, and have canceled two Regent cruises since returning home. 

Edited by FengShui@Sea

The situation regarding the health requirements of individual countries and the associated paperwork is ever changing and having experienced the need to complete additional forms at last minute ourselves (whilst travelling independently and not on a cruise ship), I understand the stress that arises from such things.  However, I am firmly of the belief that it's far better to have a form completed to the best of my ability ready and accessible to whoever requests to see it than to be tripped up and have my travel plans upset because of some small condition I failed to fulfil.  I do not believe for one minute that "they take great pleasure in having their passengers jump through hoops" @FengShui@Sea, but advise according to the best information available at the time and given the number of people involved, wisely err on the side of caution.  

Incidentally, the forms we were advised to complete on the night before we travelled (by an email from the Spanish immigration service) were never requested either.  C'est la vie right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scout16 said:

I am to board the Voyager on June 6 in Barcelona.  I am coming from the US so I need to fill out the heath form on the SpTH portal.  I filled out the first part of the for on May 1 and received notification that the first part was accepted but I could only answer the health questions two days prior to my arrival in Spain.  Regent Air changed my flight to Spain so I went into the site to change the flight information.  In order to return to the form I was requested to enter my passport number, the Form Code (hich they sent me), and a Security Code which I have no idea where that comes from.  I may be that the system will not allow me in until June 3, but I am concerned about filling out the form if there is an extra code which I do not have.

Does anyone who has gone through Spain to board a ship have any suggestions or word on their experience with this form  

Hi, 

If I recall correctly the security number you require would be in the email that was sent to you following the initial application. With regard to the PLF    It may still be required dependant on the country of origin. Enjoy your cruise and don’t fret the paperwork.

• Like 1

Are you sure you still need a SpTH health form for Spain?

I know the website still says

"

If I do not have EU DCC/EU Equivalent, what should I do? 

If your certificate is not an EU DCC or equivalent, you must fill in and sign the Health Control Form (FCS) associated with your trip. Each passenger must complete a form, and have the SpTH QR code that you will get at the end. You can do this from this website, or from the SpTH mobile app. It's very easy :

• Before your trip to Spain:
    • Create an FCS form: Once you have the details of your trip, you can create and fill in the FCS form. You can start filling it in whenever you want, and continue later, at any time, thanks to the unique code you will receive in your email.
    • Get your QR Code: From 3 days before the trip you will be able to answer the health questions on this form and get the QR code associated with your trip. You will receive a document in pdf format with the QR code in your email, or directly on your mobile if you create the FCS form and complete it using the SPTH mobile app, downloadable from this website or on the download sites of apps for Android and Apple devices.
  • At the time of departure: You must show the airline the QR code of your trip, on your mobile or on paper, in order to board.
  • Upon arrival in Spain: You must show the QR code of your trip, on your mobile or on paper, to be able to pass the health control established by the Spanish health authorities. If they consider it appropriate, they may carry out a medical check upon arrival.

Make sure you have the QR code associated with your trip in your SpTH mobile app, downloaded on your mobile or printed on paper, to speed up your health control process upon arrival in Spain.

• During your stay in Spain: Follow the COVID-19 prevention measures recommended by the health authorities in Spain (see specific section in the FAQs). "

• However, a few days ago, after going to the trouble of getting a QR code 3 days before, for my departure to Spain from Frankfurt for a cruise from Spain on another cruise line ( Hapag Lloyd), I got a notice from the line that Spain had just eliminated the health form requirement.  I checked  in to the airline 5/14 ( American citizen) , a day after my notice, and was not asked to show any  form/QR.  When I arrived in Spain, no official asked to see a QR  either, though I was ready to show it and follow a segregated path for those lacking an EU certificate who had gotten a QR.
  • Before agonizing more, perhaps hold off  week or two and see if they update the website? Or if you have a TA, ask her to check?
  •  

As I recall, in any event,  the security code had been emailed to me by then when I created the surprisingly useless and unneeded QR.

I would love to know the answer to this as well.  We have a long layover in Madrid on the way to Tel Aviv in 3 weeks.  I only found out about the form and QR code via this website yesterday.  When I look online,it says it is still needed.  But friends who recently returned say no one ever looked at anything or asked for it.

3 hours ago, Scout16 said:

In order to return to the form I was requested to enter my passport number, the Form Code (hich they sent me), and a Security Code which I have no idea where that comes from. 

It is the other number in the email.

One is "FORM CODE" (6 digit number) and one is "FORM IDENTIFIER" (longer and has lower case letters)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

The situation regarding the health requirements of individual countries and the associated paperwork is ever changing and having experienced the need to complete additional forms at last minute ourselves (whilst travelling independently and not on a cruise ship), I understand the stress that arises from such things.  However, I am firmly of the belief that it's far better to have a form completed to the best of my ability ready and accessible to whoever requests to see it than to be tripped up and have my travel plans upset because of some small condition I failed to fulfil.  I do not believe for one minute that "they take great pleasure in having their passengers jump through hoops" @FengShui@Sea, but advise according to the best information available at the time and given the number of people involved, wisely err on the side of caution.  

Incidentally, the forms we were advised to complete on the night before we travelled (by an email from the Spanish immigration service) were never requested either.  C'est la vie right now.

Perhaps your statement "The situation regarding the health requirements of individual countries and the associated paperwork is ever changing" may have been accurate a year ago.  However, today with vaccination and testing requirements well under control most countries have relaxed their entry requirements and they are not "ever changing". 

Speaking from personal experience of less than one month ago Regent should well have known that we didn't require a Health form for Spain.  However, I only found out when trying to complete my form onboard the Splendor 48 hours prior to our arrival in Spain.  If Regent did know and didn't bother to let the passengers know - shame on them.  If Regent didn't know - they should have - so shame on them.  

Another example is that we were told by Regent that Bermuda required all of us to register on Bermuda's government website and pay a fee of $40 each for a travel visa.  Since my husband and I didn't intend to go ashore I called Regent and was told that it was only required if you planned to go ashore.  When I explained that their email said it was required to be allowed to board our ship (first stop was Bermuda) she consulted a supervisor and then said that was an error and a corrected email would be sent out by Regent.  Guess what - no corrected email was receive and who knows if it was actually required by Bermuda - we completed the form and paid the fee, but didn't go ashore.  

All I know is with the multiple tasks involved in preparation for travel I have better things to do than follow inaccurate information provide by the cruise line.

Edited by FengShui@Sea

8 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

All I know is with the multiple tasks involved in preparation for travel I have better things to do than follow inaccurate information provide by the cruise line.

IMO the cruise lines are all trying to supply the best and most accurate information that they can obtain. As @Gilly says they will always err on the side of caution otherwise they will be flamed by cruisers who have not got the right documentation, and also risk the ship being denied entry to some ports.

It must be remembered that advice has to be given based on officially published information, which sometimes differs from what is being enforced in practice, and can change without prior notice.

In Europe the situation is further confused by EU "guidance" which sometimes differs from what individual EU Member States require - sometimes more onerous; sometimes less onerous.

Also the "rules" and paperwork requirements can differ  depending on whether you are entering a country by land, sea or air; the U.S.A. being a prime example.

It is always the individual traveller's responsibility to double-check what documentation is required by the airline, cruise line and country to be visited.

Glad I checked this thread🙂.  I am flying to Barcelona for a cruise next month. I have already started my form too but after reading these posts it looks like I won't need to finish it.  I will check again next month just to be sure but you gotta love CC👍

Maybe I am not getting something, but when I go to the Spain Travel Health Website it still shows you need to fill out this form and get a QR code............

Hi, I have been researching today and I have only found where it says you still need the form and a QR CODE. I fly out in 37 days.  I figured I will probably check once a week until those 3 days before I leave.

I also decided to download the Health Site to my phone. It allowed me fill out what I could and said to finish it 3 days before I leave. Certainly don't want to arrive in Spain without the correct paperwork, digital or hard copy. I will bring my VAX card with me for sure. And will be getting my 2nd booster in a couple of weeks.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:52 PM, Scout16 said:

Will not be Necessary I don' think as Spain will be relaxing all rules for entry within days  , a test certificate will not be wanted , Hope this happens .

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1613253/Spain-holidays-british-tourists-covid-pass-unvaccinated-rules-latest

4 hours ago, SisterHavana said:

Am I better off filling out the health form just to be safe?

I won't be necessary but there's no reason not to complete it if you're happier to do so. After all, it's the work of only a couple of minutes.

8 minutes ago, Harters said:

I won't be necessary but there's no reason not to complete it if you're happier to do so. After all, it's the work of only a couple of minutes.

Yes ,but there will not be one to complete  anyway.from the UK you definitely  do not need to fill out a health form at the moment all you need is proof of vaccination. 

1 hour ago, roger b said:

but there will not be one to complete  anyway

Yes, obviously if the Spanish government removes the SPTH form from its website, it's self-evident folk couldnt fill it in.

6 hours ago, SisterHavana said:

I’m flying into Barcelona next week, so I was wondering the same thing, especially since I’ve seen lots of conflicting information. Am I better off filling out the health form just to be safe?

I would. From what I can see on the website, it says you have to fill it out. Not sure where folks are getting all this conflicting information. 

44 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I would. From what I can see on the website, it says you have to fill it out. Not sure where folks are getting all this conflicting information. 

I live in Majorca withh a british passport and have just returned from Portugal  and you donot need a QR code for health form for entry all you need  is proof of vaccination 

1 hour ago, roger b said:

I live in Majorca withh a british passport and have just returned from Portugal  and you donot need a QR code for health form for entry all you need  is proof of vaccination 

Hi, I am flying next month on British Airways.......US to Heathrow and then on to Barcelona. When I go to the BA website it specifically states "one of the locations" you are going to is requiring a PLF (Passenger Locator Form).  I am only in transit to the UK so I was under the impression it would be SPAIN that is  requiring the form.  It would be nice if the Spanish Health Dept updated their website for all those folks who are still flummoxed about everything😲

I may be wrong but I think it depends where you had your vaccinations and the form of certificate that you can produce.

For those of us from the UK, I understand that our NHS certification is accepted as the equivalent of the EU Health Pass so no further documentation or declaration required.

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

"Folks are getting all this conflicting information" from their real life experiences, as many  have just reported,   i.e., showing up in Spain and not being asked for a QR code either when boarding the flight or landing, as an example, even when the website and cruise lines say you need them. The real life experience unfortunately contrasts with what the Spanish travel website still says, which creates unnecessary anxiety for those of us prone to be thorough in our preparations, and wastes time.  And of course they can, as they did when Omicron hit, change it whenever they want in practice, but still have  the website lag. Inconsistent information is just one of the many irritations of traveling during Covid.

Ironically, the least prepared and most happy go lucky will likely come out ahead here, i.e., waste the least time and money and worry, though that can change.