Beyond

hobgoblin

Is anyone on the Beyond ship now or been on it lately who can answer some questions ?

Are there any big differences in the aqua class category cabins and amenities?

Is the buffet as good as on the Solstice class ship?

Can you comment on how busy the ship is ?

Would you know if there are shuttle busses at any of the ports on the French/Italian ports as this is the itinerary I will be on soon ?

Thanks in advance 

I was on the inaugural, so can answer the Oceanview Cafe question. The buffet was fantastic. Significantly bigger than it was on Apex (and therefore probably the largest in the fleet), there were more food stations than earlier ships, and a second bar at the back, next to the pizza area. 

I rated the food quite highly, though the selection of drinks seems to be diminished though this could be a supply issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only 1100 pax on 7 May sailing. Aqua IV cabins same size as normal IV.  All amenities in big refillable containers.  Good enough, did not pay attention to brand.  Water (thru different treatment method from S class) gave some different result with shampoo/soap and did not seem to leave hair squeeky clean or fluffy, even when trying out my own products.

Big selection on buffet.  Fruits very unripe, otherwise fine, good bread and icecream !

Shuttle bus from Marseille port towards but not in centrum.

In Villefranche and St Margarita tendered to centrum.  La Spezia harbor shuttle to port entrance which is in walking distance to centum and (a bit farther) central train station.

In Messina and Naples docked walking distance to downtown.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Was considering review, but while we enjoyed our holidays, I am afraid my comments would be seen as too critical as can t help compare with previous cruises of which we have great memories (S class, pre covid).

Edited by Michidoeme

6 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Was considering review, but while we enjoyed our holidays, I am afraid my comments would be seen as too critical as can t help compare with previous cruises of which we have great memories (S class, pre covid).

I would say do a review,  if you feel like putting the time and effort into it.  I would appreciate it.   I like to hear the good and the bad.  Everyone likes/dislikes different things so I am sure there is always someone out there who will disagree with something but, oh well. 

I have been looking for Beyond reviews and they are scarce.

🍹

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Please do a review. I am sure we all realise that we all have different opinions, likes and dislikes. I for one prefer to read an honest account of a real cruisers trip. 

For most new ships there is a shakedown period before things settle down.

• Like 2

I certainly want to hear, as I have three cruises booked on Beyond, although the first one isn't until 4/23.  Furthermore, Celebrity needs to know about your personal experience onboard.

Edited by Lastdance

23 hours ago, Tony UK said:

I'm surprised there are no reviews posted yet. Anyone tried the speciality dining, especially Le Voyage? I'd love some feedback. 

We were also on inaugural

We found Le Voyage excellent. Some were critical, but we thought that the food was superb and the ambience was nice and intimate. We love Murano on S class ships, and found it to be comparible.

We found Eden quite underwhelming, although I think we were in the minority here. Our experience was a little spoiled by over fussy staff, and being asked about our day by everyone from the head chef to bottle washer. To be fair, it was the inaugural cruise, and I think they were just trying a little too hard. The food was very good, but I can't remember what I ate, so it didn't stand out

Ocean view was superb with lots of choice. Our big letdown was Luminae. With so many suites, it now feels like a MDR. We ate in Blu most evenings. Very good food and excellent service

Enjoy 🙂 

Edited by Londoncruising1971
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Londoncruising1971 said:

We found Le Voyage excellent. Some were critical, but we thought that the food was superb and the ambience was nice and intimate. We love Murano on S class ships, and found it to be comparible.

We found Eden quite underwhelming, although I think we were in the minority here. Our experience was a little spoiled by over fussy staff, and being asked about our day by everyone from the head chef to bottle washer. To be fair, it was the inaugural cruise, and I think they were just trying a little too hard. The food was very good, but I can't remember what I ate, so it didn't stand out

Ocean view was superb with lots of choice. Our big letdown was Luminae. With so many suites, it now feels like a MDR. We ate in Blu most evenings. Very good food and excellent service

Enjoy 🙂 

We loved Murano and have been lots of times. Le Voyage sounded a similar concept although pricey!

We weren't sure whether to try the tasting menu. We did do it once in Murano but then reverted to the full menu, especially as we have the premium drinks package to contribute to our wine!

We have tried 2 very different menus in Eden. We did enjoy both, but the recent experience on Edge was amazing. We loved it and will be going again on Beyond in September.

• Thanks 1

We were on the maiden sailing as well (Sky Suite 9125).  Loved Luminae and it didn't feel crowded to us. But that could be the times we went to dine. Found the service to be wonderful (Juan Pablo was our waiter and he was fantastic). The food was a little underwhelming but still very good.

We wanted to try Le Voyage but it was sold out. We heard mixed reviews on it. However, most loved it, especially the wine pairings. Speaking of wine pairings - we did the premium wine experience with the Cellar Master. So fun and some really great wines - really enjoyed it!

We also dined at Cypress (meh), Normandy (LOVED), and Fine Cuts Steakhouse (so good!). We did not dine at Eden but did have lunch at the Eden cafe (off to the left, tucked away, when you are going towards Eden). The food was so good! Great sandwiches and salads.

We had a really great time and met some super nice people. I just wish it had been a smidge warmer. We were thankful for the blankets offered - they really helped ward off the cold when attempting to sit on the Magic Carpet or in the Retreat sundeck.

The ship is lovely and I really love the bigger, more open design around the martini bar. I have never been a fan of the martini bar (don't care for martini's) and found it way too crowded/uncomfortable on other ships. The new layout is great - lots of seating, great people watching, can see the flair show, and can also enjoy the music. Loved it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Barn Goddess said:

Speaking of wine pairings - we did the premium wine experience with the Cellar Master. So fun and some really great wines - really enjoyed it!

Where did they do this @Barn Goddessand what was it? I love Cellar Masters on the S and M class ships but didn't think there was anything like that on the E class. 

7 hours ago, Londoncruising1971 said:

Enjoy 🙂 

We are used to BLU..but will be assigned to Luminae, food looks less simple than BLU.

Was it difficult to have dinner in BLU.. line up or call for availability? We orefer  early dinners.

How crowded was breakfast  in LUM?

Did they offer the Elite "lite" breakfast anywhere?

Our goal will be to avoid crowds  and Covid!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

Where did they do this @Barn Goddessand what was it? I love Cellar Masters on the S and M class ships but didn't think there was anything like that on the E class. 

There isn't - it was an activity that our sommelier told us about (and I think it might have been in the app to sign up for as well). There was a cost for it (worth it!) and on Beyond it was held in Normandy.  It was very well attended.  I also did the pairings tasting and that was great too. I know food impacts the wine and vice versa. But was fun to have things I don't care for (olives and blue cheese I am looking at you!) and try them with the wine and (begrudgingly) admit that they were not horrible.

The premium wine tasting was paired with food as well - just so cool the difference in both the food and wine when tasted together!

• Thanks 3

On 5/26/2022 at 12:31 AM, hcat said:

We are used to BLU..but will be assigned to Luminae, food looks less simple than BLU.

Was it difficult to have dinner in BLU.. line up or call for availability? We orefer  early dinners.

Blu was very easy. We just showed up and were seated quickly every time. If in doubt, get your butler to call ahead, but we always just showed up.

We only ate breakfast in Luminae on one or two occasions, but it was never crowded

No idea about the "Elite" breakfast, I'm afraid

Enjoy 🙂 

On 5/26/2022 at 12:31 AM, hcat said:

I assume this will be your first time in Retreat class?

Don't line up as you are not guaranteed a table straight away as a suite guest. Instead use the app to check the menus. Decide when you wish to dine in Blu and have your Retreat Host arrange this for you. You're pretty much guaranteed (unofficially) to have no issues then as the Blu maitre 'd will be expecting you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2022 at 11:24 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

on You tube JJ Cruise has done two videos on the beyond.  check it out.

seems like the pool deck area has some negatives with alcoves.

Those guys are great...they give a really detailed review of staterooms, and all the areas of the ships. We met them on Edge and they are really genuine guys xx

We are on Beyond now. Sailed from Rome yesterday. I have heard different reports of how many passengers are on board. It’s safe to assume it’s between 1000 and 1200.

First impressions have all been great! This ship is by far the most gorgeous cruise ship of its size that we have seen. The decor is outstanding in the public areas. We had breakfast this morning in the Oceanview and were very happy with the entire experience.  So pleased that all the food is being served by attendants. The area is very spacious and well laid out. Food was as plentiful and as tasty as any other Celebrity ship we have been on. The staff were very friendly and attentive. 

We are sailing in a Sky Suite. Our Retreat host is the best we have had. AJ is a true gem. Attentive and genuinely nice. We aren’t usually super high maintenance but did request different pillows and some help with our outlets. More on that later. He is always available with a smile. The suite itself is lovely. Spacious with plenty of storage. I really like the bathroom design and the tub/shower is easier to get in and out of then I thought it would be. There is definitely something to be said for being one of the first to use the suite. Only comments are the bed is a bit firm and the box of plugs on the desk was not designed well at all. If you are bringing any hair dryers or plugs that have a bulky end like my Dyson blow dryer, it will not fit. And the ship will confiscate your power strip if it’s in your carry on. (that’s what happened to us.) I suggest you pack a small adapter in your luggage or bring a different dryer. They do have a dryer for use but if you have a decent amount of hair, it will be a challenge. You need to hold a button down while using. 

The dining experience at Luminae has been very good. Staff and service get a 10. The suites on this sailing are the most booked category. I would guess about 75- 80% booked. Everyone knew our name and it’s only night two. So they are definitely working hard to make the experience exceptional. Food overall has been very good.  Certain dishes are 10’s - like the poached Lobster appetizer we had this evening and the Short Rib from last evening. Others not as much but still good. Everyone has different palettes so someone else may say differently. Bottom line is their is nothing to not like about the entire experience this far. If the dishes are not to your liking, they more than happy to bring you some thing else. 

We try Le Voyage tomorrow. I’ll pop back in to this thread in case there is a question that I can answer. But all in all, be very excited about sailing this ship. It’s outstanding. Cheers! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Tony UK said:

Those guys are great...they give a really detailed review of staterooms, and all the areas of the ships. We met them on Edge and they are really genuine guys xx

agree I like them even though they say a lot of hellos etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LINGBER said:

We are on Beyond now. Sailed from Rome yesterday. I have heard different reports of how many passengers are on board. It’s safe to assume it’s between 1000 and 1200.

Enjoy your cruise.  You have twice so far been in the same port as Wonder of the Seas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LINGBER said:

First impressions have all been great! This ship is by far the most gorgeous cruise ship of its size that we have seen. The decor is outstanding in the public areas. We had breakfast this morning in the Oceanview and were very happy with the entire experience.  So pleased that all the food is being served by attendants. The area is very spacious and well laid out. Food was as plentiful and as tasty as any other Celebrity ship we have been on. The staff were very friendly and attentive. 

We are sailing in a Sky Suite. Our Retreat host is the best we have had. AJ is a true gem. Attentive and genuinely nice. We aren’t usually super high maintenance but did request different pillows and some help with our outlets. More on that later. He is always available with a smile. The suite itself is lovely. Spacious with plenty of storage. I really like the bathroom design and the tub/shower is easier to get in and out of then I thought it would be. There is definitely something to be said for being one of the first to use the suite. Only comments are the bed is a bit firm and the box of plugs on the desk was not designed well at all. If you are bringing any hair dryers or plugs that have a bulky end like my Dyson blow dryer, it will not fit. And the ship will confiscate your power strip if it’s in your carry on. (that’s what happened to us.) I suggest you pack a small adapter in your luggage or bring a different dryer. They do have a dryer for use but if you have a decent amount of hair, it will be a challenge. You need to hold a button down while using. 

The dining experience at Luminae has been very good. Staff and service get a 10. The suites on this sailing are the most booked category. I would guess about 75- 80% booked. Everyone knew our name and it’s only night two. So they are definitely working hard to make the experience exceptional. Food overall has been very good.  Certain dishes are 10’s - like the poached Lobster appetizer we had this evening and the Short Rib from last evening. Others not as much but still good. Everyone has different palettes so someone else may say differently. Bottom line is their is nothing to not like about the entire experience this far. If the dishes are not to your liking, they more than happy to bring you some thing else. 

We try Le Voyage tomorrow. I’ll pop back in to this thread in case there is a question that I can answer. But all in all, be very excited about sailing this ship. It’s outstanding. Cheers! 

Have you been able to get (real French) champagne? I was on the inaugural and there was only California sparkling or Cremant de Loire, so curious to know if they’ve fixed things since.