Flexibility in changing cruise after covid positive

Good afternoon,

My partner got a positive covid result just in time for our cruise on Saturday. We got a good price on this vacation, and all the comparable sailings get more expensive through the summer. 

Will Royal rebook onto another departure if its the same length/itinerary/ship? Or is the only solution to get the FCC and rebook? 

Also - will the price I got on the drink package & UDP transfer?

1 minute ago, pablaron said:

Will Royal rebook onto another departure if its the same length/itinerary/ship?

Also - will the price I got on the drink package & UDP transfer?

They might, but at current prices.

Typically, all purchases will be refunded. 

Just now, molly361 said:

Only FCC's no price protection to change.  They will refund your onboard purchases

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They might, but at current prices.

Typically, all purchases will be refunded. 

Darn, really feel like we're paying for being honest 😔 

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

I think if you call royal and let them know you tested positive now they will refund your cruise (or FCC).    No price protection but they may be willing to switch your sailing to another this sailing without penalty.     

Any items purchased on cruise planner for your specific sailing will be refunded.     I personally prefer to go into cruise planner and cancel them myself before I call Royal.   

Hope both of you have mild or no symptoms. 

Take care

38 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

You can still wait for three days to test for pre cruise, results could turn negative by then. 

Suggesting that someone lie on the Health Questionnaire is a Huge NO NO!

Since one person just tested positive the other person may test positive in a couple of days then be stuck in guarantine during their cruise.     

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Suggesting that someone lie on the Health Questionnaire is a Huge NO NO!

Since one person just tested positive the other person may test positive in a couple of days then be stuck in guarantine during their cruise.     

My thoughts exactly! I tested negative today, but the last thing I want is to get sick on the first or second day. Regardless, they ask a direct question (have you tested positive in the last 10 days), and I'm not a liar, so I wouldn't lie.

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think if you call royal and let them know you tested positive now they will refund your cruise (or FCC).    No price protection but they may be willing to switch your sailing to another this sailing without penalty.     

Any items purchased on cruise planner for your specific sailing will be refunded.     I personally prefer to go into cruise planner and cancel them myself before I call Royal.   

Hope both of you have mild or no symptoms. 

Take care

I'll give it a shot! I've heard they won't do the lift & shifts, but my TA is going to give it a shot.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pablaron said:

I'll give it a shot! I've heard they won't do the lift & shifts, but my TA is going to give it a shot.

Best of luck. IMO it should be standard in these cases. Rewarding honesty would only help RC longer term. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pablaron said:

My thoughts exactly! I tested negative today, but the last thing I want is to get sick on the first or second day. Regardless, they ask a direct question (have you tested positive in the last 10 days), and I'm not a liar, so I wouldn't lie.

Maybe he knows some magic. Imo if people were allowed to say they tested positive and then allowed to lift n shift, there would be a rash of people trying it as a way of getting better rates. Not everyone is honest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe he knows some magic. Imo if people were allowed to say they tested positive and then allowed to lift n shift, there would be a rash of people trying it as a way of getting better rates. Not everyone is honest. 

Requiring positive test results would solve this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Require a copy of the positive test results be emailed.  They require this for cruisers that fail the pre-boarding test.

2 hours ago, pablaron said:

Thank you for doing the right thing.😃 Doesn't hurt to try!   Please let us know how you do.

• Like 2

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Require a copy of the positive test results be emailed.  They require this for cruisers that fail the pre-boarding test.

This is a recent addition.  They never used to require this but there were too many people calling in saying that they or a family member tested positive just to get a cash refund as opposed to an FCC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Best of luck. IMO it should be standard in these cases. Rewarding honesty would only help RC longer term. 

I agree. I want to spend my money with Royal, but I'm not going to double how much I'm spending in order to take a peak-time summer cruise (when we originally chose an off-peak date specifically to save some money).

I will certainly let the thread know when I hear back from my TA. I did try and call directly but the rep pretty much stonewalled me and said my TA had to call.

• Like 2

No such luck with the lift and shift, so I’m taking the cash refund. 

Don’t feel too bad for us though, that money will be quickly repurposed to a land vacation in the DR next month 😊 

Thanks everyone for your help!

• Like 5

I was booked on Allure sailing 5/28. I tested negative on 5/26 and was just counting down the hours when on Friday the 27th I woke up with a couugh and sore throat. By the end of the day, chills and fever joined the party.

Certainly, it can't be Covid as I just tested negative. Well, my follow up test was positive in about 5 minutes.

I spent 3 days in bed and still feel lousy and, as disappointed as I was for not being on a cruise, I can't imagine feeling that bad in a Covid Cabin aboard the ship. I guess that's the silver lining for me.

My agent called RCCL for me and got a full refund. I'm re-booked on Symphony in September.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smar1500 said:

I was booked on Allure sailing 5/28. I tested negative on 5/26 and was just counting down the hours when on Friday the 27th I woke up with a couugh and sore throat. By the end of the day, chills and fever joined the party.

Certainly, it can't be Covid as I just tested negative. Well, my follow up test was positive in about 5 minutes.

I spent 3 days in bed and still feel lousy and, as disappointed as I was for not being on a cruise, I can't imagine feeling that bad in a Covid Cabin aboard the ship. I guess that's the silver lining for me.

My agent called RCCL for me and got a full refund. I'm re-booked on Symphony in September.

We missed the same cruise! I had the same experience with testing. I tested once in the morning (8AM), completely negative. Then again at 12 after I started getting the chills and fever. Strong positive. 

Have fun on the Symphony!