Overnighter Before Cruise out of Pt Canaveral- Where To Stay?

We will be on a redeye flight arriving on a Friday around 9 am to Orlando.Ā  Cruise leaves next day out of Port Canaveral at 6.Ā 

Trying to figure out where to stay.

After a little research I don't like what I see on Cocoa Beach other than maybe the Hampton Inn. Everything else looks dated and dirty.

One idea was to stay at one of the Universal Studio hotels. Maybe go to the park and have dinner at CityWalk.Ā 

Won't consider Disney.Ā 

Any other hotels with awesome amenities/pool and fun restaurants and shopping you would consider?

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

I hear there are two amusement parks in Orlando with some hotels

LOL......there are actually way more than just 2.šŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I hear there are two amusement parks in Orlando with some hotels

I've considered Lowes Sapphire Springs Resort. Probably won't get there till Noon the day before the cruise. I'm sure my 13-year-old would want to head to Universal but not sure 8 ish hours would be worth it. They do have a great pool area and fun dining at Citywalk.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

I've considered Lowes Sapphire Springs Resort. Probably won't get there till Noon the day before the cruise. I'm sure my 13-year-old would want to head to Universal but not sure 8 ish hours would be worth it. They do have a great pool area and fun dining at Citywalk.

Stay at the Royal Pacific to get the express passes. You can do a lot in 8 hours with the EP. We are staying at the Portofino.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Does the tickets to the park come with the room or just the express passes?

Just the express passes. But we got a good deal on tickets through Undercover Tourist.

Ā 

Sko Buffs!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

How about Park n Cruise packages in the area? Need something prior to our Mardi Gras cruise?Ā 

Price them carefully...they weren't a good deal for our group of 6 this past April...we booked everything independently.

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Price them carefully...they weren't a good deal for our group of 6 this past April...we booked everything independently.

Thanks. That has been the issue with all of our cruises. The Google websites are outdated and I actually had a long drawn out discussion with one of the top Hotel Chains that did not want to honor what their current and obsolete advertising was still publishing as valid!!Ā Ā 

On 6/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, jetsfan58 said:

Thanks. That has been the issue with all of our cruises. The Google websites are outdated and I actually had a long drawn out discussion with one of the top Hotel Chains that did not want to honor what their current and obsolete advertising was still publishing as valid!!Ā Ā 

We are doing the Park and Cruise at Country Inn at Radisson. Good location to the Pier. I think it was $225 for the hotel and 9 days parking

In the end it really comes down to how much you want to spend. They have options from $75 all the way up to $10,000 per night. Really it is what you want to do. I would not stay at a Universal hotel unless going to Universal. There are so many places in the Orlando and Port Canaveral area to stay.Ā