Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

1 minute ago, Hammer61 said:

No sign of Julie? But mask wearing is widespread, but could be a hang over from the 3 hour check in marathon šŸ˜³ only just pulling away from white bay now

Julie might make her appearance when the sail-away party starts, i.e. when the ship is well into the harbour.

12 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

No sign of Julie? But mask wearing is widespread, but could be a hang over from the 3 hour check in marathon šŸ˜³ only just pulling away from white bay now

Julie should be the head party starter on the pool deck.

3 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Trying to board now, absolute nightmare, system crash at check in terminals, arrived at our designated boarding time, had to queue outside for 40 mins, now at the check in queue and the queue is massive, a lot of grumpy people, COVID rules a waste of time, the place is rammed!!!!

Ā 

the way the queue is moving be 3pm I reckon before we board, doubt we will leave on time given how many are still queueing outsidešŸ˜”

Oh no. 3 hour checkin is unacceptable.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We got on about 12:00 today,quite easy.
They Didnā€™t ask if we got a Covid test just if we have had any symptoms in the last 10 days.
My friends got a PCR test and asked the check in they wanted to see it ,they just shrugged their shoulders and shook their head.

Ā 

We had the worst coffee in our life in the buffet.

The food was pretty hit and miss.

Indian curry was very goodĀ 

Fish and chips where averageĀ 

Roast beef was like a rock and couldnā€™t eat it.

I got a piece of cake that must have been left over from the last cruise, it was just stale.
Our suite in nice ,stocked free soft drinks mini bar ,cabin attendant bought us a free bottle of champagne.

Sounds like the tucker is crapola mate. They want you to spend in the cover charge eateries, lol. Bon voyage.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

The dining room is much nicer for embarkation lunch. I have never been a fan of most buffets, although Solstice & Oosterdam were pretty good. The day we did graze there, the beef & salad rolls were really nice.

Ā 

They don't need to ask or seek proof if you did a covid test, as all that information has been pre-loaded into their system. I bet they have seen a lot of RATs coming out of peoples pockets.

In my 26 cruises on various Lines, we never raced in forthe embarkation lunch. Prefer to check in after 3pm when the crowds thin, even with Princess elite check in.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

In my 26 cruises on various Lines, we never raced in forthe embarkation lunch. Prefer to check in after 3pm when the crowds thin, even with Princess elite check in.

If you did that on this cruise, it sounds like you would have encountered quite a queue.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you did that on this cruise, it sounds like you would have encountered quite a queue.

5pm then, lol. Up to the buffet for a feed. But I would not be on P and O Straya, once was enough thank you, not my style. I do have a little bit of class.

1195650427_OIP(1).jpg.526c73a793478cb78124bb5639215879.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

5pm then, lol. Up to the buffet for a feed. But I would not be on P and O Straya, once was enough thank you, not my style. I do have a little bit of class.

1195650427_OIP(1).jpg.526c73a793478cb78124bb5639215879.jpg

Class is an interesting concept Sir Les. I have met people in stubbies that have more class than some I have met in tuxedos.Ā 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Class is an interesting concept Sir Les. I have met people in stubbies that have more class than some I have met in tuxedos.Ā 

Agreed Geoff,

these are HAL cruisers aka the brochure people, lol. But then again they could be P and O Straya suite pax.

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg.22bfbf9287f629ad186693638e877f81.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

I would appreciate it if someone onboard for todays cruise reports how many people are wearing masks? And if Julie the CD is out and about.

Ā 

Thanks.

Masks seem like if you want.

Ā Fantastic sail away with Julie.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Sounds like the tucker is crapola mate. They want you to spend in the cover charge eateries, lol. Bon voyage.

After a bit of research we went to Angelos for dinner ,the food was great.

But lucky we booked early as it was a big line of very frustrated people trying to get in.

But in general uncle les the food would be better at Batemans bay club.

Ā 

Wait in this place for a cougar review.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Agreed Geoff,

these are HAL cruisers aka the brochure people, lol. But then again they could be P and O Straya suite pax.

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg.22bfbf9287f629ad186693638e877f81.jpg

That would be a standard. I can't tell if they have class until they open their mouths.

Ā 

They are definitely not P&O suite though, except maybe for the current cruise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Masks seem like if you want.

Ā Fantastic sail away with Julie.

I just heard a rumour that Julie was no longer, so I guess you cant believe everything on the grapevine.

Geoff I saw Barb on a Youtube video haha!

The "Cruise and Travel guy" was on your cruise and is doing VLOGS.

Part 1 he has lunch in the Dining room and as I wondered if I would see you two, Barb walked past!!

Part 2 out today has a good overview of the new terminal if anyone is interested.

Just search Cruise and travel guy on YoutubešŸ˜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Part 1 he has lunch in the Dining room and as I wondered if I would see you two, Barb walked past!!

Part 2 out today has a good overview of the new terminal if anyone is interested.

Aware of them, but tend to ignore people who try to get in front of every camera. He is also in that group photo posted earlier in the thread, in the black t-shirt - the one where they asked for passengers in the white P&O shirts to join in for a group shot. Anything for some extra clicks.

Ā 

Yes, they were at a nearby table for our embarkation lunch, I will take a peek. Notice how I managed to pretty much dodge the cameras. I have spotted the back of my head in one of the news videos, and turned my back to the 7 and 9 crews when they were walking around.

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

A brief cameo from me at the window as Barb is walking towards the camera. I should get Barb to carry a model release form.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

A brief cameo from me at the window as Barb is walking towards the camera. I should get Barb to carry a model release form.

Andy spotted your nogginšŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

• We are told that itā€™s the first tender of aĀ cruise ship and anchorage today.
  • It will be interesting to see the condition of Pacific Explorer down in the lower decks. Some of the top side is pretty rusty.
  • We will probably just climb through a rust hole in the side of the ship.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:
  • We are told that itā€™s the first tender of aĀ cruise ship and anchorage today.
  • It will be interesting to see the condition of Pacific Explorer down in the lower decks. Some of the top side is pretty rusty.
  • We will probably just climb through a rust hole in the side of the ship.

I am not sure what this announcement on board the Pacific Explorer meant. It isn't the first tender by a cruise ship at the Tangalooma anchorage, nor the first tender operation by this ship. Did they mean the first tender operation by the Pacific Explorer at the Tangalooma anchorage? Or the first since cruising re-started?

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am not sure what this announcement on board the Pacific Explorer meant. It isn't the first tender by a cruise ship at the Tangalooma anchorage, nor the first tender operation by this ship. Did they mean the first tender operation by the Pacific Explorer at the Tangalooma anchorage? Or the first since cruising re-started?

Presumably the first since the restart. I guess tender operations would be of some concern as they are a very confined space.

• Like 1