Quarantine and muster

ontheweb

Have the cruise lines thought out the procedures for muster for quarantined passengers? If they are moved, will they be assigned a new muster station? Who will come and get those on a locked down corridor if there was a real need for muster (like the recent fire on a Carnival ship)? Have cruise lines even thought about these things and made policies to cover them? If so, have the quarantined passengers been made aware of the policies?

Unless notified otherwise, your Assembly Station is what is posted on the back of the cabin door. By changing cabins, you comply with the information in the new cabin, unless notified otherwise.

Crew are assigned to sweep all cabins, so anyone that doesn't proceed to the Assembly Station on hearing at least 7 short + 1 long (GES), will be cleared out of the cabin by the crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Who will come and get those on a locked down corridor

Where have you read that the corridor(s) in quarantine areas are locked down (from the inside). Since this would violate every fire code imaginable, I doubt this is a thing.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mom says said:

Where have you read that the corridor(s) in quarantine areas are locked down (from the inside). Since this would violate every fire code imaginable, I doubt this is a thing.

see post #47

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

see post #47

Total BS.

The large doors she refers to are Fire Screen Doors, which are designed to restrict the passage of fire and smoke for at least 1 hr. Yes, they are heavy, but they can be opened.

Every space on a ship must have at least 2 ways of egress.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Total BS.

The large doors she refers to are Fire Screen Doors, which are designed to restrict the passage of fire and smoke for at least 1 hr. Yes, they are heavy, but they can be opened.

Absolutely, Andy.  They don't lock those doors (they can't be) to maintain quarantine, they watch the surveillance cameras and notice when people who are in quarantine leave their cabins.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Total BS.

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Absolutely, Andy.  They don't lock those doors (they can't be) to maintain quarantine, they watch the surveillance cameras and notice when people who are in quarantine leave their cabins.

x3.  And if folks don't believe a Captain and a Chief Engineer, perhaps adding a USCG voice on top will help.  I'm sure "locked up" was just a metaphor meaning confined to their room.  They are not literally locked up.

• Like 3

BTW, there are still posters in that thread that are asking if you are really loked in (see post #94).

So, if any of you 3 experts want to set them right, you might consider posting your same responses there.

I think we have missed the substance of the question:  if you are in isolation and not allowed to leave your cabin, how do you attend muster drill?  Other than the life vest demo and a few instructions, they scan your card to document you were there.  But they are not given a cabin card for the isolation cabin.  
   There were lines that did not require attendance at muster drill on B2B cruises, so for those who are in isolation and elect to stay on instead of quarantine onshore, do they really need to attend the drill again?  EM

36 minutes ago, mom says said:

Essiesmom, I believe the OP was asking about an actual muster in case of an emergency, not the embarkation  drill.

Yes, that was my original question.

27 minutes ago, mom says said:

Essiesmom, I believe the OP was asking about an actual muster in case of an emergency, not the embarkation  drill.

I would hope that this is what the OP meant as it is highly unlikely that someone would be allowed to board if they test positive.  Remember that they do they muster before the ship leaves so that if anyone tests positive they will be put off the ship.

If anyone is in quarantine and a real emergency that requires a real muster occurs, a spread of Covid will be the least of their problems.

DON

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I would hope that this is what the OP meant as it is highly unlikely that someone would be allowed to board if they test positive.  Remember that they do they muster before the ship leaves so that if anyone tests positive they will be put off the ship.

If anyone is in quarantine and a real emergency that requires a real muster occurs, a spread of Covid will be the least of their problems.

DON

Not all muster leads to abandoning the ship; in fact it rarely does. For instance the Star Princess fire led to a long muster, but not the lifeboats.

Can you imagine the reaction to the announcement, please go to your muster station and everyone please wear your masks as there will be Covid positive passengers in your muster station?