Do the bars on the Apex stock Aquavit for the Norwegian fjords cruise?

quicklabs

We have not sailed on Apex but did a Norwegian cruise in August 2019. No aquavit on that cruise. I grew up drinking aquavit ... think it could be - lol - dangerous at a bar where someone may not understand that needs to be way diluted. 🤣

No aquavit in Ohio?  Surprised.   Larger liquor stores in both Arizona and California carry it.  Would guess on board probably not as Celebrity tries to standardize liquor on all ships and all imports are in short supply along with small distillers.

29 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We have not sailed on Apex but did a Norwegian cruise in August 2019. No aquavit on that cruise. I grew up drinking aquavit ... think it could be - lol - dangerous at a bar where someone may not understand that needs to be way diluted. 🤣

I really enjoy it. And I love reading the Linie label to see the details of the voyage.  I do hope I can find it.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

So far Apex has not done a Norway cruise.

I'd always favor a smaller ship, and preferably a Norwegian Captain, for the best experience on a Norway cruise.

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I'd always favor a smaller ship, and preferably a Norwegian Captain, for the best experience on a Norway cruise.

Me too but not many Norwegian Captains left with Royal Caribbean and none with Celebrity..

You will be able to buy Linie Aquavit at one of the Gall & Gall liquor stores in Amsterdam, your port of departure. Gall & Gall is a chain; there are numerous stores around. Other liquor store might have it too.

If you walk down the quay (all the way, say 10 ship lengths?) you will get to the Gall & Gall at Veemkade 1266 next to some grocery stores. The other stores closeby are in the city center.

https://www.gall.nl/linie-aquavit-70cl-799068.html

Most ships do not source locally for beverages. They used to source locally for some specific culinary delicacies (ie Salmon in Alaska, lobster in Maine/Halifax) that appear on the regular menus etc, but since Covid, I don't think that has been reinstated yet.

29 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

You will be able to buy Linie Aquavit at one of the Gall & Gall liquor stores in Amsterdam, your port of departure. Gall & Gall is a chain; there are numerous stores around. Other liquor store might have it too.

If you walk down the quay (all the way, say 10 ship lengths?) you will get to the Gall & Gall at Veemkade 1266 next to some grocery stores. The other stores closeby are in the city center.

https://www.gall.nl/linie-aquavit-70cl-799068.html

Thank you so much! We will pick some up in Amsterdam!

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally Celebrity doesn't stock ships for different itineraries.   My understanding is that it is all purchased through Miami and is pretty much identical for all ship.

That's a shame...

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Buying liquor in expensive Norway? I think we offer your drink for less on our side of the North Sea, haha! :classic_tongue:

You’re right on that - we have high taxes😂😂😂 But when people say its impossible to Get a bottle of Aquavit i had to give this easy (and a bit expensive) advice.