ArrivCan confirmation e-mail

Crown Vic

14 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

When submitting the ArrivCan documentation online, is one supposed to receive a confirmation of  acceptance via e- mail? Thanks…

If you submit using the ArriveCAN app, your receipt will appear in the app.  If you submit using the ArriveCAN website, your receipt will be emailed to you.  

I found this online so hopefully it's correct. 

Edited by hancogran

22 minutes ago, hancogran said:

If you submit using the ArriveCAN app, your receipt will appear in the app.  If you submit using the ArriveCAN website, your receipt will be emailed to you.  

Super! Thank you for the information…

We have used ArriveCan a few times through the website. You do receive an email, which includes the QR code, a receipt reference code, and the names included as travellers all in one page. I just print it out and carry it. 

On 6/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, Crown Vic said:

When submitting the ArrivCan documentation online, is one supposed to receive a confirmation of  acceptance via e- mail? Thanks…

Not sure where you are. My sister is in Wales. She’s flying to see me here in Canada 14th June. She’s been trying to use the online application for 3 days and yesterday was advised there was some technical difficulties.  Needless to say, she’s beside herself. The email she received tells her to click on it, and when she does it sounds like she’s getting dead air. I wonder if she missed any small print, and the part to click on is when you’re adding the info within the 72 hour window before travel.  Once I had done my travel in March I didn’t stay up to date. Hope you are able to share your progress here! 

19 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We have used ArriveCan a few times through the website. You do receive an email, which includes the QR code, a receipt reference code, and the names included as travellers all in one page. I just print it out and carry it. 

Did you use the website in the 72 hours before arrival? I remember using the app to register and partially fill travel info, then in the last 72 hours before arrival we completed it and got the QR code. Not sure if it’s the same for the website. 

4 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

Not sure where you are. My sister is in Wales. She’s flying to see me here in Canada 14th June. She’s been trying to use the online application for 3 days and yesterday was advised there was some technical difficulties.  Needless to say, she’s beside herself. The email she received tells her to click on it, and when she does it sounds like she’s getting dead air. I wonder if she missed any small print, and the part to click on is when you’re adding the info within the 72 hour window before travel.  Once I had done my travel in March I didn’t stay up to date. Hope you are able to share your progress here! 

Has she entered her profile information (passport and proof of vaccination)? That is all that she can do until 72 hours before her flight, unless she wants to put in a dummy departure date to see how to fill out the other details. Just make sure that she doesn't actually submit with a dummy date.

We’ve used arrivecan twice in the app. Once coming back from Mexico, once coming back from vegas. Both times received an email and QR code was available in the app. Like others, took a screenshot just in case. 

in both cases no one asked to look at it at any point.  I’d like to think that the info reconciles with the flight manifest and is registered somewhere but who knows but not a single person asks to see our code. 

Also, you can re do it any time in that 72hrs and they just issue a new receipt. The first time I filled it out I said no to being able to quarantine away from someone who works in a high risk setting (I work in a high risk setting, I can’t quarantine away from myself and figured I was taking it to literally) and got a code that I googled and learned I’d probably face issues at the border. So deleted it and re did it and was good to go. 

On 6/5/2022 at 5:06 PM, hancogran said:

Hiya! Just found the confirmation e-mail in ‘Junk’. Shall be more on-the-ball in future. Cheers!

17 hours ago, Tango99 said:

Did you use the website in the 72 hours before arrival? I remember using the app to register and partially fill travel info, then in the last 72 hours before arrival we completed it and got the QR code. Not sure if it’s the same for the website. 

The traveller information you registered initially, such as passport and vaccine, stays there in ArriveCan's database from trip to trip. Then for each trip, I enter the destination details in the 72 hrs before arrival,  using the website.  Email comes right away, then I print it. 

On 6/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, gnome12 said:

Has she entered her profile information (passport and proof of vaccination)? That is all that she can do until 72 hours before her flight, unless she wants to put in a dummy departure date to see how to fill out the other details. Just make sure that she doesn't actually submit with a dummy date.

Hi gnome! Thank you so very much for the tip. I shared it with her for some extra help.  After a long time away from a real keyboard my lovely sis had completely forgotten that the numeric keys at the side really do work soooo much better than the ones across the top…y’know…like the ones we use on our devices. 🤦‍♀️ She had someone help her figure it out!  And she wrote today to thank everyone and apologize. She says she was feeling a bit like a wet lettuce. 🤣 I still love the way things are interpreted over there! 

We don't  have a smartphone and I found the web-based system easy. When I submitted all my information the receipt with names of travellers and the QR code appeared instantly. I pushed the print button and it came out perfectly.

The e-mailed receipt contained all the same information in the body of the message and didn't appear it would print neatly. The attachment contained only the QR code.

Just did ArriveCan for our round trip out of Vancouver leaving June 15th.  Got the QR code no problem but we were marked with an orange "V" beside our names (one submission for both of us).  

The message for this "V" reads:  "Vaccination.  Please speak with a border services officer on entry to Canada."  We are both fully vaccinated with 2 boosters.

Anyone else have this happen?

1 hour ago, mahi mahi said:

Just did ArriveCan for our round trip out of Vancouver leaving June 15th.  Got the QR code no problem but we were marked with an orange "V" beside our names (one submission for both of us).  

The message for this "V" reads:  "Vaccination.  Please speak with a border services officer on entry to Canada."  We are both fully vaccinated with 2 boosters.

In the event that you haven't seen it, here's an explanation from the ArriveCAN website:

You may see one or more letters beside your name on your receipt. This means that you may have to discuss one of the following with a Government official at the border:

• (Q) your quarantine plan
  • (S) your symptom self-assessment
  • (A), (V) or (I) your vaccination status
  • (D) dependent adult
  • (M) medical contraindication

To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must have an (A), (V) or (I) next to your name. Ensure you have evidence of your proof of vaccination when you travel. It must include the type of vaccine(s) and the date(s) of your vaccinations. Be prepared to show it on arrival.

If there's no (A), (V) or (I) next to your name:

• you aren't fully vaccinated according to Canada's requirements or
  • you didn't upload proof of vaccination

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan/help.html

2 hours ago, mahi mahi said:

There may be an issue with the proofs of vaccination uploaded. Did you upload the PDF that was downloaded from the Ontario Health site with the GOC logo?

Thanks for the quick responses!  I admit I panicked when I saw that orange "V" but have now eliminated that one stress factor.  We did get the email confirmation that everything was ok with the submission.

Now if I can just stop worrying about the tight connection time in Calgary 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahi mahi said:

Now if I can just stop worrying about the tight connection time in Calgary 🙂

Being used to Pearson, we were very impressed with how smooth and comparatively painless connecting through Calgary was.  We connected there in May, headed to Seattle, and I’d definitely connect there again if the need arose.

We flew Hamilton to Vancouver several years ago, connecting through Calgary and it was great - didn't even have to change planes but were able to get off and stretch our legs before going on to Vancouver.

Given the chaos in Pearson lately and our wish to avoid crowds of people, we opted to fly from our local airport.  We only have an hour to connect in Calgary so I have been watching flights out of YKF for a couple of weeks and it seems everything goes ok, the Vancouver flight seems to be delayed frequently likely due to passengers having to run between terminals....seems Westjet often uses the international terminal due to construction.

Sounds like I am obsessed but I just don't love surprises, like to have a heads up and be thinking of plans B and C ahead of time.  There is only one flight to Calgary a day with Westject from YKF but there are always others departing Calgary for Vancouver.  Cruise leaves Wednesday - I would never do this same day that's for sure.  Bags are packed, paperwork in order and covid test tomorrow morning (have been regularly testing past several days....did I mention I don't like surprises???)

We are SO ready for a cruise!!!

Filled out both our ArriveCan forms a few moments ago.

We had emails in both our accounts within a minute.  Each email included a QR code.  

We set up the accounts before we left home.  We  filled in the flight/arrival data today. It took all of five minutes.

3 hours ago, iancal said:

Filled out both our ArriveCan forms a few moments ago.

We had emails in both our accounts within a minute.  Each email included a QR code.  

We set up the accounts before we left home.  We  filled in the flight/arrival data today. It took all of five minutes.

People traveling together can use a single ArriveCAN submission.

Have a great cruise.

We are driving to Canada (Windsor) next week from Detroit in order to fly to Europe.

My husband is on my ArriveCan.

He is coming back before me and then will be once again driving to Windsor a week later (alone)  to pick me up.

We haven't used ArriveCan before this.

My question is how does he fill out the info 72 hours before his trip (if he's on my profile) and does he open a new App for himself?

Should we have done two separate accounts?

Edited by chamima

2 hours ago, chamima said:

We are driving to Canada (Windsor) next week from Detroit in order to fly to Europe.

My husband is on my ArriveCan.

He is coming back before me and then will be once again driving to Windsor a week later (alone)  to pick me up.

We haven't used ArriveCan before this.

My question is how does he fill out the info 72 hours before his trip (if he's on my profile) and does he open a new App for himself?

Should we have done two separate accounts?

Here's my reply to the separate thread you opened:

• Thanks 1